The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Will 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan Trunk & Spoiler fit on a 2012 G25 Perfectly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan Trunk & Spoiler fit on a 2012 G25 Perfectly

Hi,

First off, if I'm posting in the wrong spot I apologize, but didn't know where else to post it!

Anyways, I have a 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan, and I just got a 2012 Infiniti G25 Sedan (I know it's not a rocket like the 35's and 37's as it only has a 2.5, not a 3.5 or 3.7), but I'm wondering, if I was to go to a U-Pull-It place, and find a Black G35 Sedan Trunk & Spoiler if it mount up exactly and properly to my G25 (I think they look so much better with a spoiler)?

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated, and again, if in wrong spot, Moderator, please feel free to move to correct forum.

Thank you very much!!

Last edited by ClwMike; 11-14-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Cgabged to, to 'go'
Old 11-15-2017, 05:48 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Ok, I’ll bite.

What makes you think a 2003 trunk would fit perfectly on a 2012 model? The two are completely different body styles!

While you’re at it why not just pull the 2012 headlights and hood and front bumper. I’m sure those will all fit “perfectly”as well.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but your post is ridiculous. I’ve read it 10 times now and unless you are asking something different than what the title clearly states, ie will a 2003 trunk and spoiler fit perfectly on a 2012, then your knowledge of the two cars is non-existent.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:17 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
OP here's what I would do, you already have the 2012 with no spoiler yes? Use some heavy template paper and make a template of the CURVE of your trunk lines (like if you were looking flat across the trunk lid in a horizontal fashion. Then you can take the template with you to the wrecking yard or just find someone who has a spoiler-free G35 sedan and place the template on their vehicle to see if it will theoretically fit.

This will almost CERTAINLY require custom bracketing on your trunk, the mounting provisions will not be the same but that's fine, you'll be drilling your trunk whether you go with an OEM spoiler or an aftermarket one. Be prepared to do some minor fiberglass modification to the mounting legs on the donor spoiler, if there is clearance you can just remove material to match the curve of the surface if there's NOT clearance you can either add material or get ahold of some black glass impregnated nylon and make wedge/shims to match then paint to color match the sides a little better.

There's nothing impossible about this task but take your time and do plenty of research.

The following users liked this post:
sas555 (12-25-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.