G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

NEED HELP: Coilovers or Springs g35 sedan 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP: Coilovers or Springs g35 sedan 2008

New to this forum,

I have a 2008 Infiniti g35 and i’m trying to mod it out, is it worth it to spend 5x the cost on coilovers vs. springs? If anybody has photos that would be helpful. Appreciate it

Old 12-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Depends completely on what you're trying to do with the car and what you want your results to be like. If you're lowering the car at all you'll need aftermarket upper control arms and rear camber arms or you'll eat tires, so that's an additional significant expense. How about you post in the new members section with pics of your new ride and your plans?

Old 12-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Not sure about the sedan, but on the coupe the front arms will tolerate a modest lowering with only slight negative camber and minimal/insignificant inner tire wear if you get aligned after the fact. In the rear even a modest lowering will require camber arms and ideally toe bolts—again, at least on the coupe.

I’ve been down both roads, starting with springs and shocks—don’t do just springs, your ride will be terrible, especially with 10year old shocks. Then, if you go springs and shocks and perhaps new rubber mounts etc at the same time, maybe even new top hats if yours are rusted like mine were, you are approaching the cost of a good coilover set—the Fortune 500s. Go to Luke at THMotorsports and he can get you the full Fortune 500 set up for around 1100 shipped. A good set of springs and adjustable shocks will run you that much or more and you will have no control over height.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.