The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Long time car guy, first time g35 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time car guy, first time g35 owner

I picked up an 03 g35 sedan (with 108,xxx miles) so I could park my 335i for upgrades, minimize miles, etc. Cosmetically, it's pretty pathetic, but the engine was strong, so I pulled the trigger and bought it for $900. For the price, I figured I could dump $1k into it, and all will be gravy.

I've had it all of two days, and I'm starting to judge the **** out of the guy who owned it before me. Now, I'm no perfectionist; I'm not that guy that keeps his car clean 24-7 or doesn't allow people to drink or eat in it. But for the love of God, dude, why are there so many greasy hand prints (like, you just reached deep into the engine bay and wiped your hands) on the a-pillar, carpet, dash, and seat? Why are you throwing plastic cutlery around the car? Why is the door to the pocket above the radio missing (Seriously, who wants that? Side note: I'd love to drop in navigation there)? Why would the trim around the sunroof be missing? I found his business card in the car. Oddly enough, the guy does detailing for a living...

Still cheaper than my BMW to fix it all. As I dig through this forum, I don't see a ton of activity. Hopefully I can get some help with the things I need to replace and other minor issues I'm seeing/smelling.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:01 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Even though membership and daily participation here has been dwindling for a while, this is still the premiere site for all things G out there. We still have some die hard OG's hanging around and a lot of passionate, helpful members to keep the forum chugging along. Use the search function here even though it's not the best or better Google to search for answers to any questions you might have. Welcome to our dysfunctional little family and we hope you enjoy your stay, however long that might be.

And damn, to get a running G for $900 is a steal, when you get her all cleaned up and straight you'll probably fall in love with her like a lot of us have.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Lol wow what a screaming deal, even in that condition. Get some cleaner called Procyon, mix it in a spray bottle and go to town on the interior with a scrub brush and pile of old rags and a shop vac to suck up excess moisture on the fabric. When the sun goes down get a cheap black light inside the car and use pet odor neutralizer (liberally, don't be stingy with the stuff) on every part of the carpet and leather that glows. Let it sit overnight and hit it again with the procyon. Finish off detailing the whole inside with 303 Aerospace Protectant and the appropriate plastic and glass cleaners for the gauges and windows and the interior should be good to go and free of smells.

I've taken old classics that I **** you not were full of cats and looked like a litterbox and made them 100% smell-free. As long as the PO didn't lose his bowels on the seats you're good, the carpets clean up 100% but the foam padding on the seats will have to be replaced if they were saturated in feces/urine.

If you don't have any junkyard G35's nearby you can order all those replacement interior pieces off eBay, just get your interior color code. 2003 is easy, it's either willow (tan) or graphite (black).

Post some pictures, I want to see this beauty.