The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Megan Racing quality as overall company?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Megan Racing quality as overall company?!

I'm considering the new coilovers that megan racing is coming out with. The msrp is $1100 i believe and they are mono tube adjustable dampening/ height. It would be a while and i dont know of anyone on the boards that has these coilovers, so i am trying to get a feel for the quality of other products that users may have encountered, storys about company service, just anything that will help me get a feel for the company as a whole. I was thinking of tein basics, but the adjustable dampening would be nice, and a good friend (sr20 s14 driver) who knows a lot about his car told me to get monotube design.. which the basic isnt. I dont want to buy a part that will fall apart either or just not be good in quality. Anyone know anything of use about this company? with a company like tein i really trust them, but i dont know enough about cars and havent been around this stuff long enough to know EVERY company in the business... the only companies i have info on are ones that make products for the g35

Old 11-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Megan Racing coilovers aren't that bad... I used to own a EP3, 02+ Civic Si and alot of people I knew had those on their Si or RSXs, and they are not bad for their price, at least for those cars.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i guess im not expecting someone to come on and say "these make jic magics look like stock suspension on a Fiat" or something, but Not bad? I dunno... i have heard good things about tein basics and "not bad" wasnt the response i got about those. Everyone said the quality was good but there are obviously corners cut to bring the price down to half that of the monotube fully adjustable CS/flex systems. Im not worried about tracking the car, but i would like a good quality suspension. I'm actually not too worried about how harsh the ride is either.... im an 18 year old kid and this is probably going to be the last year of driving my car 10k miles a year (im goign to college next year and my sister drives about 3-4k miles a year since she walks everywhere). I just want this mainly for looks, but everyone was making it seem like im going to bottom out all over with a 1.5 inch drop.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
At least for the EPs, the Megan Coilovers actually made alot of more expensive, bigger name suspensions feel like sh*t... I don't know about the R&D they put into the suspension for these cars, but the JIC suspension for the EPs sucked, and the Tein Basics aren't that great for that car either...

Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a megan racing exhaust on my previous car and the build quality was absolutely awesome actually, strange because I bought it thinking it was just a cheap solution to my stock exhaust breaking. The welds were perfect, finish was great, fit was perfect, etc. It was loud and ricey sounding which sucked, but that is just a personal preference issue.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i consider them more like a poorman's TEIN or HKS

Old 11-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only MR products ive had on the G were their test pipes, and they were absolute crap. Im on my 3rd set and im somewhat scared to put these on because my engine went defective the day after i put on my second set, just something to consider...