The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

The effects of brake torqueing??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The effects of brake torqueing??

Ok i drive a 5at. And i have been brake torqueing alot. I have brake torqued countless times trying to get the perfect launch down for a 5at, and i have brake torqued alot while racing my friends. I was just wondering is brake torqueing harmful to your tranny or brakes at all? What are the effects of brake torqueing? Some ppl tell me neutral dropping is really bad for your tranny (which i never do), while brake torqueing is fine. And some people tell me both are bad. So which is tru?? Should i stop??

Old 11-19-2005, 04:11 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both are bad but neutral dropping is waaay worse. If you brake torque, a lot, make sure you change the tranny fluid frequently (like every 15k).

Old 11-19-2005, 05:32 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gaaaar
Ok i drive a 5at. And i have been brake torqueing alot. I have brake torqued countless times trying to get the perfect launch down for a 5at, and i have brake torqued alot while racing my friends. I was just wondering is brake torqueing harmful to your tranny or brakes at all? What are the effects of brake torqueing? Some ppl tell me neutral dropping is really bad for your tranny (which i never do), while brake torqueing is fine. And some people tell me both are bad. So which is tru?? Should i stop??
All 3 will lead to premature brake and/or tranny failure. Not good.
C.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I brake torque a lot too and i have yet to run into any problems. But i dont really see how it would hurt your tranny, but im sure it does not help the brake life at all.

Old 11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
DONT do it too often, and if you are gonna do it dont hold it for too long and i tottally agree with EZZ with getting you ATF checked out or replaced every 15k

Old 11-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gaaaar

Stop...nah. Progress up to 4k full throttle neutral drops and see how you far can get before you're visiting Mr. Transmssion.

Seriously, neither are good for your transmission.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I can see how nuet drops hurt

But break torque hurts your tranny?

hmm =\

Old 11-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sumlime311
I brake torque a lot too and i have yet to run into any problems. But i dont really see how it would hurt your tranny, but im sure it does not help the brake life at all.
Sell your car man get a civic

Old 11-19-2005, 11:26 PM
what do u mean by nuet drop? Like when u shift to D from N when u are reving ur car? What about just reving ur car while it's in N?

Old 11-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes

Old 11-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jtrain

hmm =\
with that much power being put into ur tranny at a certain moment, it hurts it.

think of dropping the clutch at higher rpms, it jerks/burns the **** out of ur tires.

practice ur neutral drops and brake torqueing on a loaner... thats what i did when the 6mt had to go in, to be honest... the 5at wasnt too bad, but not as fun

Old 11-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by Jtrain

hmm =\
Poison for the torque converter and on back. Do'in it'll getcha sooner or later $$$$$. UBCool, jbx

Old 11-20-2005, 04:05 PM
what does brake torque mean?

Old 11-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
It hurts your torque converter more then your transmission. This is why they make high stall torque converters so you can stall the car up to 2500+ RPMs and its like an automatic dropping the clutch. Its also going to shock the drivetrain alittle, but the brakes won't see much wear and tear - its harder on them just emergency stopping.

In my experiences with brake torquing it only helped me .1 seconds, and sometimes I ran the same time just startting from idle. Everytime I'm at the track I do torque to like 800RPMs just so the reation is a bit quicker.

Would high stall torque converters be able to handle all the wear and tear of brake torqueing?? or its still bad for it?? I been brake torqueing alot, haven't noticed anything wrong yet, but im afraid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The effects of brake torqueing??