Infiniti of Massapequa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 05:19 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti of Massapequa

first time there...I must say it was a good experience...so far so good with them.

They replaced my front rotors, new pads all around, cut the rears...I didnt even go in for that...but they checked them and replaced them anyways...nice touch

repaired my broken window motor...didnt give me any B.S about the KP technologies Window mod...(which had nothing to do with the motor going out) but I told them (Spencer the service rep) about it...and they said "no problem it probably had nothing to do with it anyway, its a pretty common thing"

did fuel line recall - no issues there

I just had to go back because some grease was leaking from my steering assembly tensioner...and they....checked it but replaced the steering knuckle going into the rack (which as the tech told me - it turns out was a bit faulty -so they replaced it anyways) I went back - no hassle waited about 40min to get a lift free they put my car up , I showed him the little bit og grease coming out...tech (darren) said it was minor..but he put some thread sealant in it...and basically said - lets see if that cures it...it was very little but it should be ok now...keep an eye on it and if it persists ...bring it back.

THey also did my inspection - no prob.

I must say ...the only reason I had to go back is because on the service order it mentioned the grease leak being in the wrong place but that made him catch the steering knuckle issue in the making and they replaced that anyways...

so all in all ...so far so good with them...hassle free , had the loaner car for the weekend with no issue and a 9:30AM pick up so I didnt have to be there all "Bird early" to get it

my G-coupe is back and new brakes and no issues (till next time...lol)

But I'll be returning to them..for my next problem with the car I HATE to love(hopefully none).... but again like I said so far so good...

thanks Kenny! aka Da mayor - I stopped in the showroom to see ya but they said you were off

well just thought I'd let the Squad (and others as well )know about my experience

Last edited by NYCG35; 08-22-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
G SQUAD
Yo Vance...

I need to get my rear axle clicking fixed, the fuel line TSB, sunroof squeeking, and notchy tranny...

Yes, I've saved them up all....

Did you take off your aftermarket rims? I just don't want to be one of those horror stories from a dealership and just would like to avoid that in general.

How long did everything take?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
vance spent more time with me chillin at the dealership and less time in the service department let's put it that way.

always here to help everyone out so just call up service to make an appointment

Old 08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by Babiephat
Yo Vance...

I need to get my rear axle clicking fixed, the fuel line TSB, sunroof squeeking, and notchy tranny...

Yes, I've saved them up all....

Did you take off your aftermarket rims? I just don't want to be one of those horror stories from a dealership and just would like to avoid that in general.

How long did everything take?
Whats up J...

well day of it took about 15 minutes to be seen and everything was in order..I got there like 9am and got my loaner...no problem...they had the car Friday morning and called me Monday morning like 10AM to come pick it up...the rest I posted above.

And YES I did leave my wheels on...I dont have tires for my stocks..so they hang rubberless in the garage for now..lol....but everything was cool with them Jason...no scratches or anything...car was fine...and like any G35 enthusiast owner...i gave it the white glove inspection when I picked it up...

but yeah by the time I was chit chattin with Kenny ...I had already been taken care of and had the loaner..

because we know how dealerships go=Hot one minute...Dealer from Hell the next...I will not co-sign for them yet....but I must say
my first visit was good and painless experience...B.S. free

I'd try them J if I were you...this way the Squad can get a good take from different members.

I will say again - so far so good

Old 08-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I've taken my car to infiniti if massapequa and have great experiences all of the time. Kenny introduced me to the fiance guy so i could buy extended warranty. Thumbs all of the time.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
So how come at Lynnes they tell me the brakes aren't covered under warranty??? I'm gonna go up there and drop kick them!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
well i'm now the Sales & Off Lease Manager here so of course I'd be able to help everyone out.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
G SQUAD
Thats a pretty nice title Kenny. Mass. Infiniti has definitely been great across the board everytime they have serviced my coupe and the sedan. My only complaint is from the last time when I took the sedan in for the clicking in the rear and they told me they were going to have to charge me for it. They told me it was now regular maint. in which I don't know any new car that you have to regularly maint. it by relubing the axles every 2 years. The sedan is a 2004 and they said because its two years old, thats no longer covered under warranty. I'm gonna take it to another dealer and get it done. But I mean not for nothing, Massapequa is definitely a no bs place with great service otherwise for oil changes and the such I'd gladly return to them but that last instance just wasn't really what I was expecting...Oh well. I give a them props for doing a good job on your car and returning it to you in the condition you brought it there.

-Vin

Old 08-23-2006, 03:32 AM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by VinNYCG
Thats a pretty nice title Kenny. Mass. Infiniti has definitely been great across the board everytime they have serviced my coupe and the sedan. My only complaint is from the last time when I took the sedan in for the clicking in the rear and they told me they were going to have to charge me for it. They told me it was now regular maint. in which I don't know any new car that you have to regularly maint. it by relubing the axles every 2 years. The sedan is a 2004 and they said because its two years old, thats no longer covered under warranty. I'm gonna take it to another dealer and get it done. But I mean not for nothing, Massapequa is definitely a no bs place with great service otherwise for oil changes and the such I'd gladly return to them but that last instance just wasn't really what I was expecting...Oh well. I give a them props for doing a good job on your car and returning it to you in the condition you brought it there.

-Vin
Hmmm now thats NOT cool??...and not good to hear at all...Kenny (I mean we know you dont run the service Dept) but ya think you could see whats up for VinNYCG...I mean its 4 years or 50K miles....hands down
sounds covered to me.

F-in clickin axles..comeon' nissan WTF??!? - I'm sorry man...I love my G but its the best lookin ...P.O.S I've ever owned...there I SAID IT!

Kenny you think you can see if you can help Vin out?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by VinNYCG

-Vin

i can't say what happened with the clicking axle noise but you'd be suprised how many people don't do a routine maintainence on the cars-- it's almost like greasing the doors so it won't squeak... infiniti in general also can deny warranty if you dont' show records for oil changes -- that's infiniti itself NOT the dealership. the mechanic won't get paid if the factory will deny that the clicking sound came from the customer not keeping up on maintainence. thats all i can say but i'll see further into it -- just PM me ur VIN and full name ill look it up in the system

Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
darren is the tech to go to.

I usually go straight to darren - he orders the parts, kenny gets the appointment, and I pay the parts department in cash. Sometimes I never even walk into the service department.

I am at 13k miles and I only have changed my air filter and oil (like 16 times)

are there any maintenence things I should also worry about?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:41 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by Neal376
darren is the tech to go to.

I usually go straight to darren - he orders the parts, kenny gets the appointment, and I pay the parts department in cash. Sometimes I never even walk into the service department.

I am at 13k miles and I only have changed my air filter and oil (like 16 times)

are there any maintenence things I should also worry about?
Hey Neal I remember you mentioning a tech that you go to when I spoke to you at Safils' BBQ....yeah Darren seemed cool..and str8 up...good first impression

Old 08-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he is considered a nissan "master mechanic" there is a plaque up somewhere on the wall dedicated to darren for completing all the courses that nissan threw at him.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM
G SQUAD
clicking axle noise: I did hear about a problem with the clicking axle noise. Infiniti didn't put the right mount of grease in the axle and is changing the rear, on warranty. I would check it out with the customer service at infiniti or post a threat and ask if anyone had or has the same problem. I did checked the TSB and recall and there is nothing posted.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by alsg35
clicking axle noise: I did hear about a problem with the clicking axle noise. Infiniti didn't put the right mount of grease in the axle and is changing the rear, on warranty. I would check it out with the customer service at infiniti or post a threat and ask if anyone had or has the same problem. I did checked the TSB and recall and there is nothing posted.
how many miles do you have

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti of Massapequa