Body Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Shop Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good body in NYC that would be able to handle putting on a full body kit and painting a custom fiberglass box.

Not looking to pay an arm and a leg for this either.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
One thing theres are a lot of in NYC are body shops and to say ones better than another, well that all falls down to what type of work you've had done by them. Some are great with certain types of repairs and piant jobs, while others you would want to avoid like the plague. My family owned two body shops (one in Bellmore "Performance Autobody" and another out in Long Island City "Art Automotive") and although we're no longer in that business, trusting your vehicle and parts to someone can be a tough decission. I can however recomend two shops that I have more recently worked with, with nothing but positive results. They're both in Hicksville. One's Maddens Autobody (I went to school with the owners sons) and the second is JBA Automotive right across the Hicksville LIRR train station. Both are good shops thay charge fare prices for good quality work. I have had many body components painted by both and I use either or not because one is better than the other or cheaper, but usually due to who can get my work in and or done faster, if I'm in a tight time frame. Look them and give them a ring. I'm sure others will recomend other shops as well, so go with who works best within your budget and time frame.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 AM
G SQUAD
Bodyworks Unlimited in Manhasset- they do phennominal work but their public relations isnt to great as Leeno will atest to but if all u care about is how it comes out go there. The do tend to take their time though

Old 06-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I would reccomend jan's on stienway st. & 23 ave. located in Astoria, Queens. There installing/painting my body kit as we speak & are doing a awesome job. But I would imagine there has to be a good body shop located in SI that can do the work for you..

Old 06-09-2005, 04:28 PM
G-Squad DJ =)
theres a place in SI im pretty sure its called SPRAY CITY
i've never been there myself but i know a few people that rave about it...i guess its worth a ride over there since ur on the island already. Tire Empire on Hylan Blvd uses them all the time i think too so i guess they are pretty good, because that place is very big with custom jobs so i dunno...just throwing another name out there for ya!

Old 06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by DJNOOCH
theres a place in SI im pretty sure its called SPRAY CITY
i've never been there myself but i know a few people that rave about it...i guess its worth a ride over there since ur on the island already. Tire Empire on Hylan Blvd uses them all the time i think too so i guess they are pretty good, because that place is very big with custom jobs so i dunno...just throwing another name out there for ya!
One word comes to mind when I hear Spray City - Overpriced!!

Old 06-10-2005, 05:00 PM
G SQUAD
You can try my guys out in Oceanside Long Island. I guarantee a good price and nothing but the best on the paint work and installation. PM me if you need the info.

-Vin