Raffle Won Sub Enclosure!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Raffle Won Sub Enclosure!

Just wanted to share with everyone some pics of the enclosure I won at the Aug 13th meet...

I threw in a pair of 10" Kicker Comp's I had laying around from my Jeep I sold last month, and mounted up to the rear a 200watt Kicker amp I also had on hand.

Prior this setup I had a Infinity Basslink in my G, which got the job done nicely, but hit no where as hard and clean as the two 10's do. The box's one major flaw is the cheap speaker terminals on either side which rattle a bit, so they have to be swapped out.

What I liked about the Basslink is that it weighed almost next to nothing, took about very little trunk space, and provided ample bass. The dual 10" setup, is a LOT heavier, takes up a heap more trunk space, but does give you richer and deeper bass.

All in all it's not bad! If anyone is interested in a like new 200watt 10" Infinity Basslink with remote gain control, drop me a line. I'll let it go for $150....

Old 08-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
Just wanted to share with everyone some pics of the enclosure I won at the Aug 13th meet...

I threw in a pair of 10" Kicker Comp's I had laying around from my Jeep I sold last month, and mounted up to the rear a 200watt Kicker amp I also had on hand.

Prior this setup I had a Infinity Basslink in my G, which got the job done nicely, but hit no where as hard and clean as the two 10's do. The box's one major flaw is the cheap speaker terminals on either side which rattle a bit, so they have to be swapped out.

What I liked about the Basslink is that it weighed almost next to nothing, took about very little trunk space, and provided ample bass. The dual 10" setup, is a LOT heavier, takes up a heap more trunk space, but does give you richer and deeper bass.

All in all it's not bad! If anyone is interested in a like new 200watt 10" Infinity Basslink with remote gain control, drop me a line. I'll let it go for $150....

Geeeeez, you didn't waste any time did you. LOL

Old 08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa.... Jack be nimble, Ducatiguy be quick, damm quick......LOL

Gotta get up real early to catch up with you J.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Geeeeeeeeeeez Duc.....For crying out loud you mod like you don't work 100 hrs a week!!! FYI for everyone, it's not like Duc is throwing the keys and some green to an installer for this stuff, he somehow finds the time to do it himself! LOL

Next time you do a set of cams, I wanna be there for a watch n learn session! I'll even pay for the cinna-pies!

Old 08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
jon if you could do me a favor when you get a chance.... take the entire thing (with the subs in it) and weigh it for me

my current setup is heavy and consuming more trunk space than i would like, so i'm looking for a lighter more compact alternative

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM
G SQUAD
Wow J... what took you so long to install that?? I mean, what... Saturday afternoon you won it... and it's already Monday! Slacker... haha.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Who makes that BOX and where can i get one???

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
It wasn't me! The Umpa-Loompa's that live in my cooler did it, I swear! I woke up and it was all in and hooked up... LOL....

You know what - I did want to weigh it, just to compare it to the Basslink, but didn't get a chance too. I'll try and get to it sometime later this evening. It is significantly heavier then the Basslink I had.

I have no idea who makes the box or anything about it, other than each side has roughly .78 cu ft of air space and is custom made for the G. I have however seen a guy selling very similar boxes on ebay. He calls himself Zenclosures and they sell for around $120.

Putting it all together really didn't take too much time. I had the 10's, and I had the amp, and since my car was already wired up, it was just a matter of swapping everything in.

The Kicker setup I'm running is nothing on par to lets say some of more crazy JL Audio w-series setups, but it's enough for your average audiophile looking to add a little more thump to his or her sound system. The amp even though only 200watts, performs like a champ. I'm really happy with it!

The only thing that's been holding me back from setting something up like this earlier, was the added weight, but since I won the enclosure and had everything else pretty much laying around, I figured i would throw it in. Worse case, if i do decide to part with it, I'm sure I could find a buyer within the forum or local G-Squad who would be more than happy to take it off my hands...

Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man you work fast

Old 08-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Well guys, the enclosure is a beast and although it sounds awesome, It's just not for me... I need my trunk back! Sooooo if anyone is interested in it as is, I'm willing to part with it as a complete system (box, subs and amp) for $300.

I'm also parting out with my Infinity Basslink, and some other audio components I have laying around...

You can check it all out at:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...901#post696901

Old 08-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Ducati, its ugly man, seriously take it out and give it to me....its only ugly b/c nobody from the NGC, specifically myself didnt win it...LOL, j/k man, congrats it looks awesome!!

Old 08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah man that does look pretty sweet. I just went with the 1 10" JL sub but used the 4080 sub enclosure to retain almost all my trunk space. I think I can still get in some golf clubs if I wanted. However , with my carputer back there I gotta reorganize some things. If you're worried abotu space though I'd check out the 4080 box. I'd think you'd like the fact it'll hit harder than what your Basslink does.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
The 4080 box is nice, but at $300 for the box alone, it doesnt come cheap. I have no doubt with the right sub and amp combo you'll get some sweet bass out of it, and it'll out perform the Basslink. The Basslink IMO is a value-type performer. It retails for $300, but if you shop around a bit, you can get it for a little less. There's really nothing else on the market in that price range that's going to give you the amount of bass the Basslink does for it's size, weight, power and sub configuration (1 10" driver, 1 10" passive sub).

The dual Kicker setup I installed this weekend, blows the Basslink away, but with that it also took up a good portion of the rear under deck storage area, and added a signifacnt amount of weight to my car. For some, that's not a big deal, but I've come to realize it's just not for me. I need every inch of trunk space I have, so that's reason why I'm offfering it all for sale.

Any takers?

Old 08-16-2005, 11:53 AM
at least it doesnt take away trunk space like in my car jon. =] i can barely fit 1 dead hooker now.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM
jon you willing to let go of just the box? without the Kickers and the amp?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raffle Won Sub Enclosure!