G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

FS: 2004 E500 Sport (warranty, Brabus, loaded)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTT again

Old 09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Lex
You're never going to get that much for your car bro... Mercedes depreciates a lot and fast. If you want to really sell it, try $30k OBO. Even then, you may or may not sell it. You have to remember that the longer you hold onto it, you'll be paying for expenses such as car payment (if it's not paid off), insurance, gas, maintaining the brand new look inside & out, etc. Or, you can just take some loss and actually get it sold. You'll be losing money by daily and you're probably gonna have to lower the price in the end anyways.

Mercedes is EXPENSIVE when purchased new. However, pre-owned prices are dirt cheap. I'm not trying to mess up your sale or anything. You probably remember me replying to your thread few months ago. Just letting you know that by trying to get the amount you want, you can end up losing more money because you'll be spending more money during your ownership of the vehicle while value keeps dropping regardless if you're putting more miles on it or not.

I'm over Mercedes until I turn 40 or something but if I were to get another one, I'll take this CL500 or the CLK500 Convertible for a little more money any day over your E500. The 2001 S600 for $39,999 on their next page is a good choice as well. Check out this site to get a better idea on pre-owned, mint condition Mercedes pricing. Hope it helps you in getting your car actually sold.
Good luck man.

http://motorcarz-direct.ebizautos.com/?_page=1&_makef=Mercedes-Benz

Old 09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I had a 2001 CL600 (check past FS threads)... have fun with repair bills (NO WARRANTY) Those things are in the shop every week luckily mine wasn't but I wanted something with piece of mind (aka warranty). The fact is mercedes are really cheap out of warranty.. This has the warranty and a free maintenance program which stopped with my model year. I have had offers of 29,29.5,30 as of recent. My new car has to be built.. so I have time. The condition of this car and the wheels + stock wheels I feel my price is fair. Those other offers came on mbworld and audizine.

$33,000 for it all. $32,000 with stock sport wheels/tires.

and that link you said furthers my pricing... They have a 2004 E320 with 40k miles for $29,999....

Last edited by 350zrunnin12s; 09-15-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Ttt !!!

Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Lex
Have patience then... hopefully someone is dumb enough to take it for that much.

A quick search on autotrader (checked just now, 9/22/07) shows lots of 04 E500 with ALL the options that you have, PLUS more; DVD Command Navigation (you do know how much this option is right? Easily more than the fake Brabus wheels), LOWER mileage, ONE owner, AND 100k miles extended warranty, all at about $28k~32k; which you can negotiate it down even a bit further. Do I need to link you these vehicles..? I'm sure I don't have to because you already know. You're trying to deny the fact that your Benz isn't any more special than tons of other ones out there for lower price. You are simply refusing to accept reality. I bet you spent few thousand dollars since you put your E up for sale a long a** time ago. Car payments, insurance, more depreciation, and you lowered the prices. Add all those up and calculate how much it cost you from the day you put it up for sale. If you listed the car at a lower price in the beginning, and someone grabbed it right away, all that sh*t listed above could have been in your pocket.

The fact is, any car out of warranty is cheaper than cars that still are under factory warranty. When it comes to Benz, it doesn't matter. Once it's pre-owned, price drops like there's no tomorrow. Good examples can be found on the website that I linked in the previous post. I didn't link it to show you the E320 they had. Also, Mercedes-Benz are actually better to buy at dealerships than private sellers. They're usually in better condition, hassle free, and cheaper as well. You can always add the extended warranty at the time of the purchase also. My friend got a pre-owned MB certified SL55 AMG and he negotiated with the dealer and had them add 7yr/100k miles extended warranty for $600.

At this point, you're either very stubborn with lots of money to burn, or plain slow in the head. I'm not posting this to talk sh*t to you. I've had my own experience of shocking Mercedes depreciation. Man, at least you bought yours pre-owned. I bought my E500 brand new at $75k and sold it for less than half what I paid not too long ago. I know it sucks. That's why I'm letting you know that you're better off saying "Fu*k it." and drop that price to where it belongs and actually get it sold because the more you hold onto it, more you'll end up losing in total. If you got an offer of $30k, my honest suggestion is, go for it before they change their mind. That's a really fair offer. Take the Brabus replicas off and sell that thing on MB forums.. I'm 1000000% positive that someone will pay more than mere $1000 you're adding to the car's total price.

Also, take some better pictures man. You gotta show people how nice the interior is on the E class, especially at night time. The gauges and the whole dash, sliding cd-changer, all the little lights, it's fu*kin amazing to look at at night. Mercedes' Black Birdseye Maple wood trim is the best black wood trim I've seen so far. It makes BMW's black wood look like piece of sh*t, electric tape slapped on with a clear coat on top. Man.. I really miss my e500 sometimes.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I am aware, i wasnt trying to discredit the link you sent me, i appreciated the 1st write up. However, they do have what i said.. a 04 e320 with 40k for that price... imo that price sux. There is still 8 months left on the warranty.. and car is in perfect shape.

$31,500 for everything.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 PM
PMs returned.. sorry i wasnt on the comp for a few days.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Ttt