G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

2007 OB G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got any clearer pix?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
You should probably get your paint corrected and trunk fixed up before you sale.
From what I remember the last time I saw, there was barely any light around and your G had some awful swirls...
Those pictures are hiding all your swirls.
Should probably find someone who can buff that out.

On top of that, I hope you got your trunk fixed.
You can still see the outline and residue from the Mt. Fuji.

Best of luck with your sale. Hope you get your asking price.
Also, hope you're able to grab the sale on the GS400. Those are beautiful.
Gettin my trunk fixed monday but im not too sure what your talkin about swirls, its a black car, you see everything....

Old 08-08-2008, 02:47 PM
not if u clean it right..before i never had swirls but then i started to get a little lazy and then swirls started to appear. you can get swirls from almost anything. from dusting your car wrong to drying your car wrong. anyway..long story short, had some swirls...and FlSHRFun got them out for me. you should really look into his packages...pretty cheap for what you get and does an AMAZING job.. PM him for details if youre interested.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by r0csfinest
good luck with your sale but i would say lower your price a lil more.

edit: ^ what he said. theres Zs/Gs fully modded and they cant even get $30k buyer
Thats why the price is negotiable plus most of the boosted cars are older AND have more miles. They also dont have a 100 thousand mile extended warranty, paint protection warranty and LoJack.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
Thats why the price is negotiable plus most of the boosted cars are older AND have more miles. They also dont have a 100 thousand mile extended warranty, paint protection warranty and LoJack.

ALOT of the boosted G's are not daily driven...some are but most arent. yes they may be the older models, and the reason why they dont have warrenty is because of the fact that they've boosted their cars to hell (i dont blame em i would if i could afford it..)

Old 08-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^its a 07, and boosted cars are alot harder to sell!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:14 PM
OP- does the car have swirl marks?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by stereoneeds
OP- does the car have swirl marks?
Any car can get and most likely will get swirl marks, yes the car has some swirl marks but a simple detail will get rid of them. And an exterior detail will cost about $70.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Hurry up and buy!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You've got a lot to learn when it comes to detailing... The number one cause of swirls is poor washing/drying techniques.
I remember you told me you used your friend's buffer... one from Wal-Mart or something... those will get you tons of swirls if used improperly.
A $70 detail will not remove swirls. That'll get you washed and waxed. Wax will fill in some of the swirls... making it slightly less visible... but, they're still there. Once the wax wears out the swirls come back.
Swirls are very thin scratches in your clear coat. In order to remove swirls, you need to actually shave off a micro-thin layer of your clear coat to level out your clear coat and eliminate swirls.

Here's an illustration taken from DetailedImage.com (forum sponsor)

In order to do this, you need a high quality buffer (no Wal-Mart or AutoZone buffer), and cutting pad, and an abrasive compound (polish).
These aren't cheap, and it's not easy to apply. It's not "wax-on-wax-off". It takes a lot of time, diligence, and sweat to remove swirls.
A full detail for swirls with your severity it going to cost... way more than $70.

Originally Posted by SteveBlake
Any car can get and most likely will get swirl marks
True, any car can get swirls... if you let them happen. You need to learn how to properly wash and dry your car so swirl marks do no form.
My G's paint is over 2 years old, and even under direct halogen work lights in my garage you cannot see any swirl marks.
Proper washing/drying is the key to a swirl-free finish.
A high-quality buffer, cutting pad, and abrasive compound is key to removing swirls from paint... not a $70 detail... you're looking into the hundreds for that ($300-$500+)

Last edited by FlSHRFun; 08-10-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
You've got a lot to learn when it comes to detailing... The number one cause of swirls is poor washing/drying techniques.
I remember you told me you used your friend's buffer... one from Wal-Mart or something... those will get you tons of swirls if used improperly.
A $70 detail will not remove swirls. That'll get you washed and waxed. Wax will fill in some of the swirls... making it slightly less visible... but, they're still there. Once the wax wears out the swirls come back.
Swirls are very thin scratches in your clear coat. In order to remove swirls, you need to actually shave off a micro-thin layer of your clear coat to level out your clear coat and eliminate swirls.

Here's an illustration taken from DetailedImage.com (forum sponsor)

In order to do this, you need a high quality buffer (no Wal-Mart or AutoZone buffer), and cutting pad, and an abrasive compound (polish).
These aren't cheap, and it's not easy to apply. It's not "wax-on-wax-off". It takes a lot of time, diligence, and sweat to remove swirls.
A full detail for swirls with your severity it going to cost... way more than $70.

True, any car can get swirls... if you let them happen. You need to learn how to properly wash and dry your car so swirl marks do no form.
My G's paint is over 2 years old, and even under direct halogen work lights in my garage you cannot see any swirl marks.
Proper washing/drying is the key to a swirl-free finish.
A high-quality buffer, cutting pad, and abrasive compound is key to removing swirls from paint... not a $70 detail... you're looking into the hundreds for that ($300-$500+)
What is your reason for posting in my thread... honestly....

Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
.... hahahahahaha

Old 08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone! I bought the clear corners from SteveBlake today and had the privilege of meeting him and seeing this car in person. My girlfriend and I BOTH agree that this is one of the CLEANEST G's that we have ever seen. The car looks 1000 times better in person than the pictures...Someone jump on this.. this car is super nice.....

Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by supraboii
Hello everyone! I bought the clear corners from SteveBlake today and had the privilege of meeting him and seeing this car in person. My girlfriend and I BOTH agree that this is one of the CLEANEST G's that we have ever seen. The car looks 1000 times better in person than the pictures...Someone jump on this.. this car is super nice.....
Thanks man!

p.s. today i took off, the clear corners (sold them to supraboii), the UTEC, grounding kit, intake and exhaust. FYI

Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
want to donate that grounding kit and coils

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 OB G35 Coupe