G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

FS: Upgraded 2003.5 G-35 6-MT sedan - (Anaheim)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded 2003.5 G-35 6-MT sedan - (Anaheim)

One owner Silver 2003.5 Infiniti G-35 sedan with 143,553 odometer miles. Bear with me a moment as I explain why the actual engine mileage is less. This generation of Infiniti engines had defective oil rings that resulted in excessive oil consumption. Although I noted the high oil consumption several times while it was being serviced by Infiniti they never looked into it. They finally diagnosed it at 64.5K miles just after the 60K warranty expired. Infiniti was going to replace the long block under special warranty but noticed I had a third party extended warranty and so passed the buck to them. Being your typical slime bucket extended warranty firm they refused to honor the warranty. I had to take Infiniti and the warranty firm to small claims court. After 4 agonizing months the court allowed them to replace the defective now 70k motor with a used next generation engine with 48K miles. The odometer shows 143.5K miles but engine has only 121.5K AND no longer has any oil ring issues! The manual transmission and clutch were also totally rebuilt at 124,183 miles and now have less than 20K miles on them.

This vehicle is silver in color and equipped with:
- 6 speed manual transmission
- 2015+ year 3.5L V-6, putting out est 302 HP at the crank (see below)
- Aero body kit
- Rear Spoiler
- Black leather interior
- Factory alloy wheels
- Power door locks - Power Windows
- Upgraded audio system (with CD player, remote, & integrated speaker phone capability)
- Add on Garmin GPS unit
- ABS disk brakes on all wheels
- sport suspension
- Power steering
- tilt wheel
- Recently topped off Air conditioning
- Cruise Control
- Dual air bags
- Side air bags
- Never smoked in and NO pets
- Clean Title
- Recent smog and tags

Progressively improved over its life with professionally installed performance upgrades:
- Stillen Cat-back Stainless Steel exhaust, (distinctive, but not obnoxious, exhaust)
- Stillen Cold air induction system with K&N filter
- Replaced air inlet with higher performance "Z-Tube" induction pipe upgrade
- Prostop Drilled & slotted performance disk brake rotors
- Stillen lightened fly wheel
- Performance clutch
- Koni Sport Shocks
- Cooper Performance Tires

HP Estimate support: I really wanted to get the engine dyno tested but each Stillen open house all of the slots were taken by the time I got there. I based its current HP on:
- brochure HP of G-35 sedan on regular gas - 260 HP
- REAL HP of G-35 if you ran premium fuel - 276 HP (they did this to up sale the coupe by advertising 280 HP for it. The 4 HP difference due a better air intake partially shared with the Nissan 370Z

So now using 276 HP running premiuin as a baseline I added
- Stillen Stainless Steel cat Back exhaust system . Stlllen claimed 14 - 20 HP gains so lets call it 15 + HP
- Stillen Cold air induction system + 370Z induction tube; posters claim this is worth 3 -6 more HP, so lets call it +4 HP
- Stillen lightened fly wheel, Stillen claims reduction in crank load was worth 8 - 10 HP, plus much faster rev speed, so let's call it +9 HP

This totaled 304 HP which I rounded down to 302 to be more conservative :-)

The vehicle has always been professionally maintained (primarily by Anaheim Hills Pep Boys or AutoNation Infiniti Tustin) and has a fully documented repair history. Most recent repairs of interest, including repair date and mileage at time of repair, include:

- Last Oil change by Pep Boys (PB), 06/20/16 at 142,502 miles (06/20/16: 142,502)
- Replaced battery with Sears Diehard battery, Gold GP 35, Sears Automotive, 06/23/16: 142,547
- Remove/Replace one ignition coil unit & one spark plug, PB, 6/20/16: 142,502
- Replace 4 tires, Cooper Zeon RS3-A, P215/55R17XL, Pep Boys road hazard warranty, 40K wear warranty (prorated), plus wheel alignment 03/15/16: 140, 125
- Remove & replace valve cover gaskets to eliminate oil leak, 01/06/16: 137, 969 miles
- Replace front brake rotors with new drilled & slotted front rotors, PB, 11/06/15: 136,187
- New Engine throttle body & platinum spark plugs, fuel injection cleaning PB, 11/06/15: 136,187
- Remove/replace Alternator belt, PB, 07/24/15: 133,119
- Air Conditioner gas topped off by owner, 07/24/15: 133,119
- Vacuum Hose & PVC Valve assembly replacement, PB, 12/24/14: 127,403
- Manual transmission/fly wheel rebuild & clutch replacement AAMCO, 08/04/14: 124,182
- Replaced defective climate/Audio system control module, with upgraded & sound system with remote, cell phone hands free, and spare audio slot, Car Stereo Warehouse, 06/04/14: 122,455
- Front & rear brake replacement with Pep Boys limited life time warranty, 04/25/14: 120,782
- Radiator drain, flush and fluid replacement, PB, 12/29/13: 116, 797

Known vehicle issue/defects:
- No major accident but id did have one low speed rear bumper hit. Only minor damage and all fully repaired by Anaheim Hills Auto Body and paid for by the other driver's insurance.
- A few small rips in the leather driver's seat
- Hazing on headlight covers
- Some chrome peeling off the grill
- Back seat ash tray has a broken retaining tang and sometime falls out, just a minor nuisance
- Very rarely, if the car left out is extreme heat, it WILL start and drive but the climate control system and the radio will not come as well as the dash lights. This is a known issue with the central control unit behind the dash, even with the replacement controller I mentioned above. However it is just a petty annoyance. You can quickly correct things by turning off the engine and restarting it. The fault in the controller usually resets immediately with one restart and everything is normal again.
- Despite the replacement engine keep an eye on the oil level. Even after I fixed the oil leaks due to the failed valve cover gaskets this family of engines uses more oil than similar engines.

Asking Price justification: Due to the newer age of the replacement engine and the recent transmission rebuild I used 121.5 K for the current mileage and assigned a Very Good Condition rating due to its comprehensive service history and appearance when calculating the Kelly Blue Book value below:

tp://www.kbb.com/infiniti/g/2003/g35-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=2554&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=121500&pricetype=private-party&options=100542|true|7094750|true|100562|fals e|100586|true|100580|true|100573|false|100568|fals e|540420|true|100616|false|7094751|true|100622|tru e|6466055|true&condition=very-good

I started with the Kelly Blue Book Private Party Value of $4,580 and adjusted for the extensive list of upgrades plus recent maintenance which dramatically lower its near term repair cost risk. I am asking $5.5K (CASH ONLY), well in line with similar quality cars currently listed. Please e-mail me if interested in purchasing this car (no trades) and we can arrange for you to view it and take a test drive (Proof of manual transmission experience mandatory) .

Thank you for consideration and time reading this long posting

Old 09-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Lots of detailed information in the description, however the HP claim is erroneous - those breather mods add HP but not in the way you put it. Also 03-06 sedan as well as 03-07 coupe share intake parts with 350Z not 370Z, if you have links explaining the 4 HP difference I'd like to read it.

The rules of sale have changed since you signed up, you need photos of the car with your username and date. Read: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...osting-94.html

Old 09-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the additional data on the intake. back when I added the Stillen Intake most postings were recommending including the"Z" pipe to complete the upgraded. The HP gains from cold air induction systems have always been a problem to quantify since they really only occur when the vehicle is being driven at significant speed. I will be adding another photo in a few minutes with the required For Sale sign plus one with today's newspaper front page to show the date to meet the forum requirements you pointed out.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Added required photos of car withhand written Id and date

I added to this posting the Forum required photos of the had written sign on the car with my user ID and today's date. Sorry for the delay in posting this, I was so so busy I could not check in on the posting until today https://g35driver.com/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif

Attached Thumbnails Upgraded 2003.5 G-35 6-MT sedan - (Anaheim)-sign-driver-widow.jpg   Upgraded 2003.5 G-35 6-MT sedan - (Anaheim)-sign-driver-seat.jpg   Upgraded 2003.5 G-35 6-MT sedan - (Anaheim)-sign-dash.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.