G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

FS: 2005 G35 Sedan Garnett Red 188,929

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 Sedan Garnett Red 188,929

Selling a 2005 G35 Sedan, Garnett Red with 188,929 miles and passing emissions.

I purchased it in February of 2021 and didn’t get to working on it until November after I purchased the transmission.

I purchased this car thinking I was going to keep it for a 2nd spare but I have too many cars as it is. I did purchase it fairly cheap since the transmission was bad, stuck in 2nd gear due to the valve body, needed a clock spring and valve covers replaced.

Since I had no idea how much the previous owner drove it like that I obviously couldn’t tell how much the clutches were burnt so I purchased a used transmission from S&W Auto in Lithonia Georgia. The donor car was a 2005 G35 with 157k miles on it from Copart/State Farm. You can see the attached tag in the pictures.

I replaced the fluid and filter and the fluid that came out was in good shape, the normal light gold that ATF turns to. It was not burnt smelling nor dark in color. I have been driving it around testing it and no problem. Since I wasn’t able to drive it when I purchased it I didn’t see that the Speedo was fluctuating around 60 mph and the gas hand was sticking about half full. After reading forums I purchased another cluster from the yard and had it reprogrammed to match the original mileage so there would be no discrepancy on the next title/Bill of Sale. The receipt is in the pictures where I had Atlanta Speedometer correct it. For some reason the Left turn signal indicator isn’t flashing on the dash but all flashers work on all corners.

As I stated earlier, it also needed valve covers so I replaced those and the spark plugs, someone had already replaced all the coil packs evidenced by the stickers on top.

There are the usual cosmetic issues, torn leather on driver/passenger seats, dash cracking, leather on steering wheel cracking, the previous owner bumped something with the front right so it has a crack by the blinker and on the front. The interior had the wood stick on trim but it was lifting so I started changing that over to the plain silver. I have the few original wood trim pieces to go with it.

The body was repainted by the previous owner but has highway chipping on front bumper too, looks to be a Maaco job. He also sprayed the wheels a goldish color which is flaking.

This one happens to be the M Sport since it has the 18” Rays, power steering cooler, red factory struts, and factory rear wing with no 3rd brake light on the inner deck lid.

Just looking to break even so my price is $3,000, attached you will see the breakdown of what I have in it and listing all I know of its condition for transparency.

Located in Stockbridge Georgia.

Thanks.