G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 insurance will go thru the roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006 | 04:34 AM
Question

jinubob81, I agree. Under normal driving scenarios and conditions I leave it on, no reason not to, but it is quite intrusive when you don't want it to be. My G is the first vehicle I've owned with any sort of stability or traction control and I'm very glad it can be turned off. The 2000 Mustang GT 5-spd I had didn't have TC, the only assist it had in any sense was ABS. Fun car and easy to make it do what I wanted simply by using the throttle and giving slight corrections with the wheel. I haven't had a chance to really push the limits with my G yet (There's an HPDE coming up I may enter...Hmmmmm...), but I would hope the G would be just as easy to drive at the limits and not be an on-off deal. On - Still have grip and control, Off - all hope is lost and you're going around.

Perhaps one of the more experienced G drivers can speak on this subject?

No offense to the young crowd, or any crowd, but if turning off VDC is getting you into "trouble" then I'm more inclined to blame the driver and not the car. I see a lot of "Probably turned off VDC" in reply to a lot of oopses and all that tells me is the driver should leave the car in "arcade mode" a bit longer before switching to "simulation mode." Am I right or am I missing some ugly flaw in the design of the G? If not a design flaw, then VDC or not, the people wrecking doing stupid crap should simply not be driving or putting themselves in that position. Would VDC have saved some? Perhaps. Would it have stopped them from TRYING and/or succeeding in doing something stupid? Nope. Perhaps VDC = Vehicle Darwin Control.

Anyway, drifted off topic. Yes, I think it's intrusive but I would be curious to know how the car responds at and beyond the limits with VDC off. Perhaps I'll find out myself at the track soon.

Old 05-31-2006 | 09:16 AM
480 a for 6 months full coverage.. not married 26... no tickets in last 5 years.