G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Post Your "One-of-a-kind-mods"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RocketG35
Where'd you get the TPMS? I was thinking it would be a good idea to do that for us older models that don't have it.
It is from http://www.smartire.com/ It really works.With the extra digital display you get a readout of tire pressure & temp for each tire.If pressure varies + or - 5 psi you get a audible alert.The settings are programable.

Last edited by caskyline; 07-11-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RugRatCoupe
E_K... I've seen some your headlight work, but that is amazing! Top notch looks + functionality w/ that sharp cut-off beam pattern!
Your Brembo calipers w/ the custom relocation bracket and 345mm 2 piece floating rotors are really nice. That's what I wanted to do to mine, but had no luck so I ended up getting the A.P.Racing setup. Brembos Rock.
That little Gold Top Secret Silvia in the driveway is really detailed. What scale? RC ? If so, Gas or electric? I'm into RC, I have some 1/10 & 1/18th scale cars & 4 weedeater RC boats, Two "V"hulls a Catamaran & a Hydro...
Thanks for the compliment. I wish I were as skillful with LEDs as you guys.

The brakes were alot of work and headache. Unless someone comes out with a kit for this, it wasn't worth the time to design this and get everything fitted.

The RC is a 1/10 scale. It's an old Yokomo YR-4 electric. I converted it to a Yr-4 M2J recently.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tpms

The TireRack TPMS system SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

Actully it's great except for one fatal flaw. The sensors!
They are underdesigned, and mount to the inside of your wheel in a really poor fashion.

Not only does it throw off the balance of your wheels, they break, they move, and they will end up flopping around the inside of your wheels while you are driving.

Not to mention when you get your tires replaced. The tire shop guys are almost always guranteed to break at least one of them while changing your rubber.

Don't get me wrong I loved the system while I had it on my twin turbo 300zx. But in the end it just wasn't worth the balance problems and headaches.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Originally Posted by armonic
The TireRack TPMS system SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

Actully it's great except for one fatal flaw. The sensors!
They are underdesigned, and mount to the inside of your wheel in a really poor fashion.

Not only does it throw off the balance of your wheels, they break, they move, and they will end up flopping around the inside of your wheels while you are driving.

Not to mention when you get your tires replaced. The tire shop guys are almost always guranteed to break at least one of them while changing your rubber.

Don't get me wrong I loved the system while I had it on my twin turbo 300zx. But in the end it just wasn't worth the balance problems and headaches.
Yikes! Maybe they impreoved it since then???

Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lbcdefg35
im a noob here but wanted some feed back on this idea.!!!
i was thinking of making a custom targa top for my 06 g35 coupe.!!!
it might sound crazy but i think it will look hot az fk rollin down the highway
with the windows up just chillin soakin up the sun rays...u know like the old mkiv supras.!!! i dont know if it can be done because of the roof supports..and rails that hold the car together..im thinkin the frame will bow inward in due time..well let me know what you guys think...yay or nay.?
thanks
There is a place here in so-cal that turns any car into a convertible, I've seen a 300M they did cruisin around where I live and it looked sweet.

It is possible to do targa, but it might just be expensive if they need to form the glass for your roof.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Florida G35 Club
IM not talking
All I know is a "certain NA" G-35 banged out 313 rwhp on a Mustang dyno corrected @331 rwhp. The poor guy with the turbo charged z that day only banged out 321 rwhp @ 4800 feet
Just a few more bolts to turn, and maybe a few more ponies can be had.
Cam timing on a VQ will wake them up!

Old 07-17-2006, 02:11 AM
how were you able to get the passenger mirror tilt down when you put it into reverse? i want that feature. something that infiniti is lacking when all european cars have it.

Originally Posted by KPierson

Custom front bumper for my FMIC.

I have a few electrical mods that no one else has (yet).

I have a custom mounted Z UTEC in my G (custom mounted with carpet tape and wire ties!)

I have a custom mounted Z Koyo radiator (used part of the OEM bumper to make custom mounts, polished them and all):

My OEM fog light switch turns my fog lights on and off independant of my headlights

My car 'beeps' when I lock it and beeps twice when I unlock it, instead of honking the horn.

My passenger mirror tilts down when I put the car in reverse

Back in the day I was the first person in the G/Z community to be able to raise my windows with my OEM remote!!!! (glory stories are good!)

Old 07-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Ca$hio

You should see it when I hit 88 MPH.
This guy...That was a good one...I fell off my chair...

Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bavarian06
how were you able to get the passenger mirror tilt down when you put it into reverse? i want that feature. something that infiniti is lacking when all european cars have it.
It's a custom electronic module I designed for KPtechnologies that I am testing out on my car. It works pretty good, but still needs some tweaking before it will be availible for purchase.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
There is a place here in so-cal that turns any car into a convertible, I've seen a 300M they did cruisin around where I live and it looked sweet.

It is possible to do targa, but it might just be expensive if they need to form the glass for your roof.
if were talkin about the same champagne 300c rollin around with the rag top, that guys my neighbor. couldnt get a $ out of him but he said he got charged up the @$$ for it

Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LIUser
if were talkin about the same champagne 300c rollin around with the rag top, that guys my neighbor. couldnt get a $ out of him but he said he got charged up the @$$ for it
Yeah, I saw him on Sunbrook, is that your street, I've never seen your car on it unless you park in the garage.

It costs anywhere from $8,000 to 16,000. I heard 16-20 for the 300c. I can't remember exact figure right now. Anyways, a coupe could probably try.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
It's a custom electronic module I designed for KPtechnologies that I am testing out on my car. It works pretty good, but still needs some tweaking before it will be availible for purchase.

aw, ic. i thought it was simple rewiring and that it. i have it on my 330, really helps in avoiding the curb rash.

care to share how the fog lamps can be turned on independent of the headlamps? i did the same thing for my IS, but not familiar how to do it on an infiniti

Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha, basically the same thing. I'm using a custom electronic module to 'read' the Nissan switch matrix. This system is unique (Trying to be nice) in the fact that there really arn't wires ran to any of the switches on the steering wheel. Instead, there are comm lines ran up there, and I tapped in to the comm lines to detect the position of the switch.

That was the hard part, the easy part was simply energizing the fog light wire under the hood. There is an OEM relay that does this, but I just used my own relay and tied the outputs in parallel (which really isn't a good way to do it, but it work). When the module is ready to be released it will most likely come with a dedicated underhood relay to isolate the two outputs.

I have 14K miles on my car (early '04) buy my electrical system has about 100,000 hours on it!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM
i need that retractable license plate...ive always wanted to do that...

Old 07-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by bull3t
i need that retractable license plate...ive always wanted to do that...
Yeah, I wanted one like Bond... James Bond had on his Aston. I wanted the other to say By By.

My DUCATI Darmah had one that said GOT DUC

The following users liked this post:
Bakwenac (12-15-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Your "One-of-a-kind-mods"