G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2 Different Infiniti Nose Masks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Different Infiniti Nose Masks?

I just purchased an Infiniti nose mask at the dealer. This thing is pitiful. I'm used to nose masks made out of this thick, supple plastic. But this thing is super thin and the material isn't that supple. Even the felt backing is ultra thin. The mask itself doesn't have the usual stamp with the name brand. The one on the 350Z has the Nissan name stamped and it's thick and supple. The box has a Nissan Genuine parts sticker on it and the mask has a nissan sticker on it. But why is the G's (a higher Nissan) mask so cheap looking? Is it that there's 2 kinds and I happened to get the cheap one? What's up with this? Cutting corners? Saving money?

Old 10-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Re: 2 Different Infiniti Nose Masks?

I was gonna buy an Infiniti mask too .. But the one they had was pitiful.. For 100 dollars it was horrid quality, and like you sed no name stamp or nothing. I returned mine.. I haven't seen another type from Infiniti out there.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 AM

I don't get it. Maybe the Sedan has a different grade/quality of mask? Mine is super thick and very nice. As soon as I can afford it, I'm repainting my front end and getting the clear bra anyhow.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:58 PM

The bra for my coupe is also thick, and I believe has the Infinit logo on it - I'll double check tonight. It's a bitch to get on and off, but I love the way it looks, and my front end is as beautiful as the day I picked up the car.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded
[i]HyperGround Kit
350Z intake duct
K&N drop-in
Aluminum pedals
50%-35% smoke tint

Old 10-03-2003, 11:04 PM

Get the Colgan Custom front nose mask. It's high quality, heavy backing and doesn't flap at all. You can get it with or without the front license plate cutout. About $99. Had mine since April and I leave it on all the time except to wash it.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, bra people- I just went and got the Nose-mask for the Sedan. I am going to kill it. It's part # 999N1-JP000. It came with:
1 Nose Mask, main piece
1 Nose Mask, hood piece
2 Snap/Screws
1 Installation instructions (which might as well be written in sanskrit)

For some reason, this baby won't get on my car. Do you two with the finished, installed nosemask have pics? Any tips on installation? I can't get some of the little rubber flat pieces inbetween the light fixture and body, etc. The installation instructions are zoomed in so close on a certain part of the car that I can't tell what's hood and what's mask... Am I an idiot, or what's going on here? "You're an idiot" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

masetodd, gdup-- this what you have?

Cuz this is the little satanic bugger...

G

Old 10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GeoBau,

Try putting the Bra in the sun for a few minutes to allow more stretch. The flat black plastic pieces slide into the slots where there are rubber trims around the lights, so try getting one side in before the other without sliding behind the rubber. I find that installing one side of the mask before the other helps. The two pieces that slide under the grill and the hooks on top I install first so the bra doesn't drag on the ground and get dirt or sand that will scratch the paint.
Good Luck.
BTW, it does not look great but it sure helps preventing the little nicks that seem to pop up due to the thin paint jobs.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Thanks for the tips. I got it because I'm going on a road trip and I really don't feel like getting my new paint job screwed up by god-knows what. Unfortunately, it says "make sure paint is fully cured". Which is the lesser of two evils-- putting on a nosemask about 60 days after a paint job, or taking it out for 600 highway miles through bug territory?

G

Old 10-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot you have a Black "G" so the mask should be barely noticeable.

Old 10-08-2003, 01:45 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

With renewed resolve and a better understanding of which order in which to hook up the crud, I took another stab at the nosemask. I'm approximately 1/2 inch away from the DAMNED THING FITTING!!! *pause* So I will try again tomorrow, and I will stretch that thing more than my best friend's mother's face after her last surgery [img]/w3timages/icons/blush.gif[/img]

G

Old 10-08-2003, 04:27 AM

GeoBau: Yes I have the same mask. It is a p.i.t.a. to get it to fit. It was REALLY hot 115+ in Vegas when I put mine on so it wa a bit pliable. The dealership recommended 2 people for the install (one to stretch and one to hold it). Also, I screwed up my front plastic bumper piece (the fenderwell area) with the clips, because it was so hard to stretch on. My front end was already screwed up and in need of new paint. Just be careful if your paint is new.

Oh yea, while we are at it... Take a look at the hood piece once it is on the car. Pull it up and look and look at the white backing. On each side (touching the paint) are nylon loops that are useless as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what they are for?

Old 10-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I'm about to go down to the garage and throw it in the sun for a while... it's about 70 degrees now, but at least it's black and will retain the heat.

Are you talking about the two "velcro" loops of vinyl that you strap around the lower bumper? Also, I can't get the screws in the wheel well out-- I've turned the wheels to the right, but I still can't get the necessary angle to get even a smaller screwdriver in (for the snaps). Any tips? Thanks,

G

Old 10-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

UPDATE for those who are reading this (Me.):

I put it out in the sun for a while, stretched it with two vices for a while on my workbench, then quickly ran to the car and put it on as fast as I could before it resumed its original shape [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I watched it as it slowly shrunk back, and now it's one TIGHT fit on there... now, when I have to get it off....

G

Old 10-08-2003, 03:31 PM

The 2 pieces I'm referring to are on the HOOD mask. If you have it on the car already, lift it up a bit and you will see one on each side with no apparent purpose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Different Infiniti Nose Masks?