G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Planned mods, which to go first

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planned mods, which to go first

I have decided on most the mods im going to do so im going to list and if anyone can give opinion in to which order i should do them, money is somewhat of an issue so give consideration to more expensive things and they will take longer to put but im saving for all of them. (this is random order so plz put ur opinion on to what order i should do them in)
1. 5/16th planium spacers
2. Lambo doors
3. Stage 2 (stillen or vortec) supercharger +intercoller(they both come w/ it right?)
4. Rims RH - RS721's Machine black then painted white for my ip
5. Navigation (not sure whether to buy stock and put in or replace audio area w/ screen)

already put ztube w/ k&n drop filter and debadged just the g35 on the back

thanx again for all the help in advance, and if u have reasons plz put those 2 thanx again

Old 07-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say you can do them all in any order, but u gotta throw (2) out of the door...

Old 07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Do the supercharger last. But before the visuals. Then do Rims/drop first.

Might want to look into High-flow cats and or an exhaust if you plan on going F/I...

And get a vortech.. everybody loves a blow off valve

Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
+1 on the lambo doors

not a fan of them

theyre okay for show cars but for everyday cars..nah

but good luck with your mods

Old 07-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1, 4, 3 & 5

Old 07-26-2006, 11:57 AM
THE BATMOBILE
if money is an issue then do the most expensive first

Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
do not, I repeat DO NOT, put lambo doors on your car, you'll have nothing but problems with them, plus, IMHO, they're ghetto and don't belong on a car such as a G

Old 07-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
^^ IMHO i think theyre okay for show cars (but strictly that)

g's can only pull em off if theyre (dare i say it?) riced out to the max such as show cars

just my two cents..

Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Whats wrong with lambo doors, I think they are pretty tight.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by space108th
I have decided on most the mods im going to do so im going to list and if anyone can give opinion in to which order i should do them, money is somewhat of an issue so give consideration to more expensive things and they will take longer to put but im saving for all of them. (this is random order so plz put ur opinion on to what order i should do them in)
1. 5/16th planium spacers
2. Lambo doors
3. Stage 2 (stillen or vortec) supercharger +intercoller(they both come w/ it right?)
4. Rims RH - RS721's Machine black then painted white for my ip
5. Navigation (not sure whether to buy stock and put in or replace audio area w/ screen)
+1 on staying away from the lambo doors. if this is your daily driver, then don't even consider it. if it's a show car and you're sponsored, then I can see why people do it.

If you're going F1, you'll need a full catback exhaust, high flow cats, headers (debatable), a short-throw would be nice, pulleys, suspension, suspension, suspension, and tons of cash to get the G maintained and tuned.

good luck!

Old 07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
if money is an issue then do the most expensive first

+1 on that...throw lambo doors away thats just not fitting...

do visual upgrades last (body work, navi) put your plenum on then your supercharger because with supercharger your going to need a catback exhaust suspension and some nice work done to it for install and such.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
thanx for all the help, i really wanted those lambos but i can see y they probably arent worth it, i think they do look sick though, but w/ supercharger (i admit i dont know much about engine work), u guys says i need headers and so forth, how much does that come out to cause i have been reading that its about 7k w/ install for FI, plz correct me if im wrong on that, but w/ all that other engine work i dont know if thats the same price anymore, i was going to get hotchkis sways if that counts for suspension at all, but again thanx for all the help and suggestions and if anybody else has any other input... ill be hear listening(watching)

thanx again

Old 07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Whats wrong with lambo doors, I think they are pretty tight.
i totally agree with you.....

..... but only if the car is a lambo

Old 07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by space108th
thanx for all the help, i really wanted those lambos but i can see y they probably arent worth it, i think they do look sick though, but w/ supercharger (i admit i dont know much about engine work), u guys says i need headers and so forth, how much does that come out to cause i have been reading that its about 7k w/ install for FI, plz correct me if im wrong on that, but w/ all that other engine work i dont know if thats the same price anymore, i was going to get hotchkis sways if that counts for suspension at all, but again thanx for all the help and suggestions and if anybody else has any other input... ill be hear listening(watching)

thanx again
the sways will help but if you go FI you want to maximize that power and get your car to hook up and coilovers will help in that area, I'd also go with tower braces, Stillen make a rear one for about $150 and VRT just came out with a front one but that they're spendy, about $450-500 I believe.

Then you'll want a brake upgrade, either BBK or just pads, lines and fluid.

Honestly, the list could go on and on, you really need to decide what you want to do with your car, how you plan on driving it, are you going to track it, etc..................

Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I think lambo doors are cool. Probably not worth the hassle, cost, and unreliability, but cool looking nonetheless. Do the supercharger first, since once you do that, your whole list will change with other stuff you'll need to keep up with the FI.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Planned mods, which to go first