G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Open windows with Clifford remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open windows with Clifford remote

Hey guys i have the clifford remote with autostart it open the doors and trunk etc... is there anyway to program the remote to roll down the windows like the factory remote? i bought this car used and the clifford system came witht he car.

If so please tell me how to program it to do so

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Why don't you go back to the installer and ask him to program it for you?

Old 08-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
are you using the stock alarm? did you try holding the the unlock open? that might work..

if not..do you have an aux button?

Old 08-04-2006, 11:02 PM
i bought the car used the system was already installed and i tried holding down the unlock button but nothign happens i think it has an aux button i hit it twoce to auto start.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well the alarm system has to be equipped with that feature and most cases, a separate module is needed in order to use this function. What model do you have to help us identify what you need. This is Clifford's "Smartwindows" module, which I said, you need to gain the window function.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 PM
i don't which model i have i can describe the remote (4 button carbon fiber exterior) the buttons are lock, unlock, trunk release and i guess the aux button in my case use to auto start with a double click. Here's the fcc id (ezsdei478) i'm not sure if that's an i478 or a 1478.

i hope this helps

Old 08-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
for our cars you don't have to use a window mod. all you want to do is hook up the remaining aux channels on the alarm like channel 3 and 4 to the lock and unlock wires. works the same way as with the factory remote but instead of pressing and holding one button, it would be two on the clifford remote. thats how i have mines on my viper alarm. to roll down the windows i press and hold the aux and unlock button on the viper remote and roll up with the lock and aux button.

Old 08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
you might want to try pressing holding the lock or unlock and the trunk button at the same time on your remote. perhaps its installed like that already. worth a shot.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
yeah i tried but it's not currently wired up like that. is this an easy mod or do i have to take it to a shop to do it? do i have to cut any wires? anyone have alot of experience and can give step by step instructions?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Wait, we have that on our factory remote?

I have factory remote, it only has lock, unlock, trunk, and panic buttons., I never knew there's a such feature to roll down the windows by remote, anyone please enlightening me.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by G35MC
Wait, we have that on our factory remote?

I have factory remote, it only has lock, unlock, trunk, and panic buttons., I never knew there's a such feature to roll down the windows by remote, anyone please enlightening me.
Just hold your unlock button instead or pressing it and it should roll down your windows.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by namrock
for our cars you don't have to use a window mod. all you want to do is hook up the remaining aux channels on the alarm like channel 3 and 4 to the lock and unlock wires. works the same way as with the factory remote but instead of pressing and holding one button, it would be two on the clifford remote. thats how i have mines on my viper alarm. to roll down the windows i press and hold the aux and unlock button on the viper remote and roll up with the lock and aux button.
Correct me if i'm wrong but the factory remote only rolls the window down right? to roll the windows up you have to install an additional module to do that.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Ok guys it's official i can roll my windows up and down. After tons and tons of research and using this forum as a last resort i looked at my coworkers viper remote and realized that the clifford trunk release is really the auxiliary button so no joke i ran to the window like a crazy person and tried the combination and tears came to my eyes when i saw the windows roll down and then back up again. I LOVE MY CAR!!! Well except for that tiem when i remote start it in first gear and it hit a parked park but still I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

Thanks for you help guys.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Ok guys it's official i can roll my windows up and down. After tons and tons of research and using this forum as a last resort i looked at my coworkers viper remote and realized that the clifford trunk release is really the auxiliary button so no joke i ran to the window like a crazy person and tried the combination and tears came to my eyes when i saw the windows roll down and then back up again. I LOVE MY CAR!!! Well except for that tiem when i remote start it in first gear and it hit a parked park but still I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

Thanks for you help guys.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mine does that - roll front windows up and down. but since i don't have the luxury package, hence - no automatic rear windows, hence - no pinch sensors, the clifford can't roll the rear windows up/down... i think there is a module that does that - DEI 529 control module - this comes from Kevin Pierson of KP Technologies (i emailed him a while about about their sunroof control module).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Open windows with Clifford remote