G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I am torn between black and red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I am torn between black and red

I'm totally agree wit ya People stare longer wondering what car it is...LOL! Then they finally realized...its an amazing G! HEHE...red/black its all good. If you like flashy color and won't mind living wit it for long term...get the red. If u think black catches ur eyes all the time somehow...then get the black. You should be happy wit it in long term. I am very happy wit my choice...only that it needs to take shower more often than other colors. Once u make it clean...it will bling like no others!

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 10-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I like the red...no actually the black...wait no the red...um well maybe the black....this is one of the best problems any person could have

I would take the red...thats just me

afsarzad
'03 G35 Coupe Caribbean Blue/Blk
Sport / Areo / Nav etc...

Old 10-09-2003, 11:24 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys. I counted the replies and so far the red has 8 counts and black has 6 counts. It's pretty even I think. I just talked to a friend who got the black 350z. He told me not to get black because he has to wash it every 3-4 days or so. I still can't decide. It is a tough decision...

Old 10-10-2003, 12:02 AM

Black is very high maintenance. But if you can deal with that it is the best color IMO.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:55 PM

Come on man, it's a sports car! Red was made for this car. Why do think there are more Tv ads for it in Red? I have seen one commercial with the black. Guys with black don't get me wrong I think it's one of my top colors for this car. But... Cleaning? And the way the paint chips so easily? Of course it's all opinion but to me Sports Car says RED, like red flash of light as I zoom by. FYI though, the night I bought my car I drove off the lot and right into the freeway and within 5 MINUTES I had Johnny Law on my tail and he stayed there all the way to my exit. Either he agreed with me on the color or the saying about Red cars is true. Either way I still love her in Red. Laters. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

117511-no_badge1.jpg

Old 10-10-2003, 11:04 PM

It's easy to decide:
Black looks great when its clean, but its like a magnet for dust and dirt. I already own two black cars so I know a liitle about it. Be prepared to wash it every few days if you want that great look. When its dirty it doesn't look much different than an RSX.

Red is real flashy. If you don't want the attention, don't get it. I hadn't had a red car since my old Camaro Rally Sport, but if you got it, flaunt it man. I got the red.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:53 PM

Black looks straight mean, esp. with a dark tint.
Red looks like an all out sports car. I think that sums it up for wht you want ur car to look like.

Both are nice. =)

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-11-2003, 09:33 PM

I like driving along the road and seeing a g come in the opposite direction... the one color that always makes me say WO...what is that ? ... ohh SHAT its a black G with tints

WICKED

just like mine. maintenance schmaintence.. you want a clean car, wash the damn thing.. you want a car thats dirty regardless of color, then dont.

Old 10-11-2003, 11:52 PM

Time for my $.02!!! I picked up a brand new black Mitsu Eclipse GS-T back in '97. God I loved that car! I'll agree with every person in this thread that when clean, black is an outstanding color choice. Since I'm slightly ****-rententive when it comes to my cars, I always kept it clean. The problem was not the dirt--it was the "swirl marks". Regardless of how much I babied that thing, the swirl marks just kept coming, and on black, they stood out like a sore thumb. It's heartbreaking to spend so much time keeping your car nice, only to be dealt the "swirl mark curse". Regardless of what color you choose, I'm quite sure you'll eventually end up with swirl marks, however, no color shows them quite like black! I've sworn never to own another black car...

The red on the G coupe is in a word...sexy!

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 10-12-2003, 12:54 AM

Or, you could have the best of both worlds. Red with Black Interior. You won't get swirl marks on your leather!

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/SAT/Tint/6 Spoke Chrome/Black Badged

118088-Dsc00091.jpg

Old 10-12-2003, 02:30 PM

cman now, you know as well as I know swirls marks are really just as obvious on a red car as black.

On way to avoid swirls is simply washing bumper to windshield and ground to roof ... NO CIRCULAR motion and wax the thing.

I do, and I have way less swirls than anyone with a "non black" car

Old 10-12-2003, 02:48 PM

i have the answer to all your problems get a DG coupe. Its the best color

Old 10-12-2003, 02:50 PM

I had it on order, I sometimes regret changing it.

who has a DG that they wanna trade for black ??

eh???

cman.

FINE then, I'll keep it !

Old 10-12-2003, 08:56 PM

I was in the same boat. When I went to get mine, they had 4 of them, black with willow, silver with willow, white with willow and red with willow. My last 2 cars were black. Black is so sweet when it's clean but keeping it clean is impossible in the NE. Here's my choice:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am torn between black and red