G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   New VQ...Exclusive (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/114380-new-vq-exclusive.html)

mraturbo 08-29-2006 09:43 PM

New VQ...Exclusive

Courtesy of Jim and Clark at JWT...

HERE IS THE SCOOP
THE NEW VQ

We all have been waiting for what the New Generation of VQ is, looks like, and works...this is sooo cool...the new VQ for the coming cars. Take a look. Don't know how or why JWT has this motor (car), yet I am glad I get to look at this stuff first hand.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/vq35hr/index.htm

Thanks again Jim and Clark for sharing.

PEACE

M
:)

uberchicken 08-29-2006 09:50 PM

nice, twin air intakes! why are some of the best ideas the simplest?

abcquackyxyz 08-29-2006 09:51 PM

i wonder if we can retrofit the dual intake design into the our current engines?

TURBOTOM 08-29-2006 10:26 PM

what type of car is that on, G35?
mabe they got this for R/D, so they can have products out when it is released.

Texasscout 08-29-2006 10:39 PM

My first question which was not answered here is, are the two TB plenumed totherther or does each TB serve three intakes?

I can also see LOTS of room for plenum development!

I wonder where they got the new G to tear into?

badtziscool 08-30-2006 12:03 AM

http://jimwolftechnology.com/vq35hr/images/DSC00839.jpg

Wow. Could there be some grinding and porting in the future?

Skyline_G35 08-30-2006 12:19 AM

I wonder if it would be a simple swap for us 03-04 G35 owners??? :confused: I think that we would benefit the greatest. The lightest cars in the G35 class, hmmm. How much would something like this cost???

LIUser 08-30-2006 12:20 AM

mmm... sexy

how much hp is it supposed to have ontop of the revups in 05?

sjc1789 08-30-2006 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
I wonder if it would be a simple swap for us 03-04 G35 owners??? :confused: I think that we would benefit the greatest. The lightest cars in the G35 class, hmmm.

that would be pretty sick

mraturbo 08-30-2006 01:03 AM

* HR stands for High Response (or High Revolution)
* 5th Generation of the VQ.
* Redline increase to 7500rpm
* Redesigned block for increased rigidity
* Complete symmetrical intake and exhaust systems
* Worldwide first hydrogen free DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) [hu] due to coding adoption decrease
* Setting electromagnetism VTC on exhaust cam side in addition to the oil pressure VTC of air inlet cam side,
* Adoption of isometric exhaust manifold
* Higher compression ratio: 10.6:1 (previously 10.3:1)

They have a 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan

more...

NISSAN DEVELOPS NEW-GENERATION V6 ENGINES --Engines to power all-new Skyline to be released this autumn--

TOKYO (Aug. 22, 2006)--Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., has newly developed two new-generation six-cylinder V-type engines for front-engine, rear-wheel-drive vehicles featuring powerful performance and improved environmental friendliness.

The 3.5L VQ35HR and 2.5L VQ25HR engines will be built at Nissan's Iwaki Plant in Fukushima Prefecture and will be equipped in the all-new Skyline to be released this autumn in Japan, as well as the US where the model is sold as the Infiniti G35.

Featuring newly designed engine blocks and other key components, the engines offer smooth transition to top-in-class level engine speed of 7,500 revolutions per minute drawing upon the "smooth transition" concept of the popular VQ engine, the only engine in the world to appear on Ward's 10-Best Engines list for 12 consecutive years.

The engines achieve a 10% improvement in fuel efficiency compared to vehicles equipped with the existing VQ engine and top-in-class Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle level emissions. SU-LEVs have 75% or less nitrogen oxide (NOx) and hydrocarbon (HC) emissions than those stipulated by Japan's 2005 exhaust emission standards.

The letters "HR" in VQ35HR and VQ25HR stand for "high revolution" and "high response."

Nissan began VQ engine production in 1994 and has produced a cumulative total of 5.5 million units as of last fiscal year, ended March 31, 2006.

Main specifications of the VQ35HR and VQ25HR engines:

Smooth transition to top-in-class level engine speed of 7,500 rpm

* Reduction of weight and friction through adoption of asymetrical piston skirt configuration
* Reduction of piston-side force through lengthening of con rod
* Addition of rudder frame, newly-designed cylinder block with significantly improved rigidity

Thrilling revving sound and top-in-class output

* Adoption of perfectly symmetrical intake system
* Adoption of continuously variable valve timing control (CVTC) for intake side and electromagnetic valve timing control (e-VTC) for exhaust side
* Reduction of intake resistance through adoption of symmetrical twin intake system and straight intake port
* Adoption of isometric exhaust manifold and perfectly symmetrical exhaust system

Improvement of fuel-efficiency and emission cleanliness

* Reduction of friction through adoption of world's first hydrogen-free, diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating
* Adoption of catalyst substrate with ultra-low heat mass, super-ignition iridium spark plug and fast light-off O2 sensor control.

M
:)

Thanks Jeremy from 350z thread

chilibowl 08-30-2006 01:32 AM

Nissan hopped up big time on new technologies, this new motor is sick

mephistomyhero 08-30-2006 01:34 PM

Just get the new copy of Motortrend. They have a whole article on the new 2007 Sedan which has all the aforementioned details (sadly, not engine pictures). However, they did a side-by-side comparison with the new BMW 3 and they gave it to the 3 :(

TURBOTOM 08-30-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Just get the new copy of Motortrend. They have a whole article on the new 2007 Sedan which has all the aforementioned details (sadly, not engine pictures). However, they did a side-by-side comparison with the new BMW 3 and they gave it to the 3 :(

screw motortrend!

G35C033 08-30-2006 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero

Why/how was the 3 given the nod?

DaVince 08-30-2006 02:22 PM

Motortrend is BMW bias. And also to some American cars.

Screw Motortrend~!!!