G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Worst G35 Review of All Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish we could get the suede interior...

Old 09-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
The Skyline has been a sporty car more suited to commuting than track work. It's only the GT-R, which many don't even consider a Skyline, that's a monster. There have been past models of some interest, such as the rear-drive, single-turbo Skyline GT-S that was also offered along side the GT-R.

People don't consider a Supra and a Celica as the same, yet the former did evolve from Celica Supra. Likewise with the EVO and the base Lancer (or even Ralliart version). It's the same idea. Something great came from something mediocre. In time, that great thing evolved into it's own model, leaving it's mediocre forebearer to... ...mediocrity.
+1.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:33 AM
i dont get it, whats wrong with the review? it may not be "perfect" but so isnt our G35..lol.
to me, the review pretty much hit it all.. i think it was a VERY WELL written review.
just because he pointed out a few things that arent so great about the G you think its the worst thing written ever? thats ignorant.
G35 has a decent engine but very very heavy. we all know that. the interior is decent to look at, but the quality of material really isnt all that..some feel "cheap" (u can find the exact same parts in a nissan sentra). so whats so wrong about the review? please explain

Old 09-16-2006, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
i dont get it, whats wrong with the review? it may not be "perfect" but so isnt our G35..lol.
to me, the review pretty much hit it all.. i think it was a VERY WELL written review.
just because he pointed out a few things that arent so great about the G you think its the worst thing written ever? thats ignorant.
G35 has a decent engine but very very heavy. we all know that. the interior is decent to look at, but the quality of material really isnt all that..some feel "cheap" (u can find the exact same parts in a nissan sentra). so whats so wrong about the review? please explain
+1. Unbiased review is crucial.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:05 AM
This author shouldn't be allowed to talk about any nissan ever again.
I don't even know where to begin....
I was going to email him, but decided not to waste my time.

Why are you upset? All of the guys criticisms are valid. The G35 has very, very mediocre acceleration for a supposedly high performance car. The interiors of the G35 are cheap, and the author didn't even bother to critique the build quality which is at best mediocre. The G has far too many squeaks and rattles; it reminds me of some of the rental cars that I've driven.

The forte of the G is that it looks great, sounds nice, and is inexpensive.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me

+1. the guy has his opinion.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 AM
meh.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:41 AM
a bad review is not defined by an author's opinion. it's defined by how the author comes to that opinion and on what basis judgement is rendered.

I have no problems with anyone who doesnt like the G35 as long as they have valid reasons. complaints regarding the interior, ok. complatins on refinement, fine. thats all good and fair because people need to be aware of what they're getting for their money.

but calling the g35 an r35 is unacceptable and ignorant. that misinforms the public. comparing the g35 to the gt-r is unreasonable. thinking the g35 replaces the r34 gt-r is unacceptable, and comments implying that mislead readers. the author did all of the above, making it a bad review. these inaccuracies only confuse unaware readers.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
inaccuracies highlighted in red; comments in bold. this is why it was a bad review. this set the tone of the entire review that would leave people with a doubly bad impression that is unjust. other comments regarding weight, power, interior are all ok. again, no one has to like the g35, but at least be fair and educated about it. and when reviewing it, make fair comparisons and dont make inaccurate statements or do anything else that would mislead or confuse less aware readers.

----
Skyline Coupé 350GT Test Drive, HDTV
Answer : Famous car from Japan, I am known and reknown for my high potential and my numerous victories in motorsport, worldwide tuners love me...my latest prototype has been one of the stars of the Tokyo Auto Show in 2006...one of japanese sportscars emblem I am? I am?
: The Nissan Skyline!

wrong: Skyline GT-R. The non GT-R skylines are not as infamous as implied above.

Nissan gave birth to the first Skyline in 1955, at this time, the plan was not to propose to our Japanese friends the thrill of a sportscar but the comfort of a luxury 4 doors sedan...It is after 11 versions and almost 34 years later that the Skyline started to be noticed for its performance, reasonable price and close to unlimited tuning potential...its name...the R32!
Nissan had found the right formula and from there, decided, from one version to another, to improve their car until reaching a magic number...34...and most precisely the R34 GT-R!

It is unfortunately at that very same moment that the Japanese car manufacturer began slipping down, hit by financial difficulties, and the future of its masterpiece was more uncertain than ever.
Hopefully the sun started to rise again for Nissan with the help of French car manufacturer Renault, under regency of Carlos Ghosn. The Skyline fans are now hoping and dreaming about an R35 capable of challenging top European cars. However, for obvious business reasons, Nissan decided to make a “user-friendly car”, very far from an R34 sportscar. It is this car, the Skyline 350 GT, which I will test for you today.

The G35 outsold the 3 series coupes in production. It also outperformed them all sans the M3. I'd say, mission accomplished.

At first look, it is quite hard to find any resemblance between the R34 and the R35, and we actually move from a true sportscar enthusiasts machine to a sport coupe aimed at a different target audience: early 40s executives looking for sex-appeal.

There's no current Nissan with chassis code R35. The car is a V35.

Yes, this Skyline is more of a marketing product which goal is to help its manufacturer out of the gap rather than a car made and designed with the passion of motorsports in mind.

Actually, the point of view towards this new Skyline will vary depending on two possibilities :

1) You are a Skyline fan (historical)
2) You are a casual driver

Writing an article on a new Skyline is a difficult task because of the myth that it represents. As an automotive enthusiast I think that the R35 Skyline doesn’t have anything of a Skyline except its name. To me the R35 isn’t a Skyline and will never be.

The myth applies to the GT-R, not the non-GTR skylines. If you can call the 140hp R34 GT a skyline, then the V35 350GT is every bit skyline. What he means to say is that it isn't a GT-R and never will be, but who ever claimed otherwise

So for this test I’ll take off my « fan » cap and go for the casual driver state of mind. Let’s not call this a Skyline but a 350GT.

I assume this author wouldn't call a R34 GT/GTV a skyline either? Ignorance. The author needs to learn the difference between the Skyline name and GT-R name and write his reviews accordingly.

Ever since.. (snip)

Last edited by tekknikal; 09-16-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:10 AM
BTW there was no tokyo auto show 2006. the prototype shown at tokyo was at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show, which is held every other year for passenger cars. The Tokyo Auo Saloon features modified cars more than anything else and is a different show. The prototype shown at the TMS 2005 last October was NOT a Skyline. It was a GT-R. This upcoming GT-R will not carry the Skyline badge in any shape, form, or fashion. It is simply the Nissan GT-R.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:40 PM
here's a thread talking about those side markers...i got flamed for asking where i can get them...https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/114923-new-amber-side-markers.html

Old 09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by G05C
+1. Unbiased review is crucial.
+1 the review was unbiased but it was entirely accurate though.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:10 PM
^^^

well, 0-100 kph in 6 seconds is a little bit on the negitive side. It seems like the author was on a mission to write a bad review rather than a balanced one

Old 09-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah. The guy started this thread is pissed because someone did not paint a rosy picture of his car. Guess what, Skyline or not, you are driving a G, which is not the same car, regardless how much you want to talk yourself into it. The G is nothing but an entry level sport car, a mass production rendition at that. The G is no more special than any run of the mill cars on the road. It is dime a dozen.

Stop pretending you drive a legend.

Last edited by elau; 09-16-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
^^^

well, 0-100 kph in 6 seconds is a little bit on the negitive side. It seems like the author was on a mission to write a bad review rather than a balanced one
What makes telling the truth a bad review?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Worst G35 Review of All Time