G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Questions about TPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about TPS

A while ago, my low tire pressure light came on, no matter how much I tried putting air in it, it wouldn't go away. Then, I realized that one of my TPS broke/shattered into 2 pieces somehow so I thought that was the cause for my tire pressure light coming on. So, I purchased a used 350z TPS to replace the broken one and had it installed, but the light still came on no matter how many times I tried putting air in the tire. I'm thinking maybe the G35 and the 350z are not interchangable? ..or maybe there's another TPS that's not functioning properly?

WTF is going on?

1. How do TPS's work? How does the car get the reading/information from the TPS to the car? (on the 350z, it even displays the actual PSI).

2. Are the G35 TPS the same as the TPS's for the 350z?

3. Is there a way to check if a TPS is working? Does the dealer have some kind of device that will say which tire is causing the problem or which TPS is not functioning properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 09-20-2006, 02:27 PM
The new sensor needs to be programmed.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:52 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by vstypicals
A while ago, my low tire pressure light came on, no matter how much I tried putting air in it, it wouldn't go away. Then, I realized that one of my TPS broke/shattered into 2 pieces somehow so I thought that was the cause for my tire pressure light coming on. So, I purchased a used 350z TPS to replace the broken one and had it installed, but the light still came on no matter how many times I tried putting air in the tire. I'm thinking maybe the G35 and the 350z are not interchangable? ..or maybe there's another TPS that's not functioning properly?

WTF is going on?

1. How do TPS's work? How does the car get the reading/information from the TPS to the car? (on the 350z, it even displays the actual PSI).

2. Are the G35 TPS the same as the TPS's for the 350z?

3. Is there a way to check if a TPS is working? Does the dealer have some kind of device that will say which tire is causing the problem or which TPS is not functioning properly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Needs to be programmed/initialized at the dealer......

C.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Not really because i got volk rims off from a Z driver with 4 of his TPS, is been 3 months now and my light hasn't on. I could be wrong but i am just letting you guys know that my isn't on. I also called the dealer, they will charge $100 just to program it. I was like F.. that.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:25 PM
I see your problem here. You need to put a cover on that TPS report. Did you get the memo?

Old 09-20-2006, 04:35 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
Originally Posted by matt_0309
I see your problem here. You need to put a cover on that TPS report. Did you get the memo?

ya thanks peter

Old 09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by bobshuai
Not really because i got volk rims off from a Z driver with 4 of his TPS, is been 3 months now and my light hasn't on. I could be wrong but i am just letting you guys know that my isn't on. I also called the dealer, they will charge $100 just to program it. I was like F.. that.
New or used TPS from another car still needs to be reprogrammed to "your" car. If you've driven your car for more than 30-45 mins duration and your TPS light hasn't come on, there might be something else wrong with you TPS system.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I got 4 TPMS that I can sell. But like others said, the dealership has to pair the TPMS sensors with the module using a pairing tool. They charge a lot for a little amount of work. And they charge a lot for the sensors too....I think they want 130/ea.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Is it true that the Fix n Flat product can damage TPS?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Is there any place I can get the TPS reprogrammed other than the dealer?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Other than the dealer...not sure. My colleague does have a pairing tool at his desk since he was working on a protoype TPMS for MY09 Chrysler Corporate. Right now he's in design phase and trying to get the sensor to pass a random vibe spec...1000G RMS!

He said the tool costs about $600 and I'll ask him where he got it, but I believe it is on loan from the customer...

Old 09-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by linbenja
Other than the dealer...not sure. My colleague does have a pairing tool at his desk since he was working on a protoype TPMS for MY09 Chrysler Corporate. Right now he's in design phase and trying to get the sensor to pass a random vibe spec...1000G RMS!

He said the tool costs about $600 and I'll ask him where he got it, but I believe it is on loan from the customer...
I'm not about to spend $600 on a "pairing" tool.. Anybody know if there's a way to disable the tire pressure warning light?

I know this doesn't fix the problem, but I'm just curious.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by rgolden90
Is it true that the Fix n Flat product can damage TPS?
The TPS doubles as a valve stem but for those with aftermarket wheels, it can still fully function completely enclosed inside the wheel if strapped on. There's a hole that measures the pressure and if that's clogged with say foam from the flat repair product, I can see it not functioning.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Espresso
The TPS doubles as a valve stem but for those with aftermarket wheels, it can still fully function completely enclosed inside the wheel if strapped on. There's a hole that measures the pressure and if that's clogged with say foam from the flat repair product, I can see it not functioning.
Do you know if there's a way to disable the tire pressure warning light?

Old 09-21-2006, 03:10 PM
^Unfortunately I don't know. I went through the trouble of strapping on my TPS on aftermarket wheels. I figured wheels and tires were too expensive to repair/replace if I happen to not notice a flat before driving off somewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions about TPS