G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DIY: High Clutch? want to lower your clutch engagement point?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2.5 turns is OK, Dont worry about it. Youll get use to the new feel in a few days.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jclit
2.5 turns is OK, Dont worry about it. Youll get use to the new feel in a few days.

Ok thanks...My biggest concern is that NOBODY else complained about this vibration...Which is VERY noticeable...My car also sounds like it would if I were riding the clutch before the mod...However I dont have ANY burnt clutch smell...Im really worried about it....I guess Ill give it a few days...Did anyone else have that feeling???

Old 11-01-2006, 03:01 AM
You can always take it to the dealer, theyll never know that you changed the position. Tell them about the vibration.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Ok thanks...My biggest concern is that NOBODY else complained about this vibration...Which is VERY noticeable...My car also sounds like it would if I were riding the clutch before the mod...However I dont have ANY burnt clutch smell...Im really worried about it....I guess Ill give it a few days...Did anyone else have that feeling???
Your clutch is not fully disengaging. You may not smell any clutch, because youre burning it at really at idle rev's...in 6 months to 1 year, your clutch will be fried.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by jclit
Elaborate...

how is changing the position of a pedal equivlent to resting your foot on a clutch. Its engaging and disengaging perfectly. Maybe you should try it for yourself and then give an opinion about it. Most of the people saying its bad for the clutch are the people who havent even tried it. The nut was put there for a reason, call your dealer and ask them if itll cause any harm by moving the nut.
It's possible to lower the clutch pedal so much that the clutch plates are not fully disengaged thereby causing premature clutch wear. The adjustment is not idiot proof.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx for the replies guys....Here is an update...

Went out this morning to return it back to stock...For some reason I could NOT get it to turn back in the opposite direction...After playing with it for about 20 mins, something BAD happened...The bolt which connected into the gold fork looking piece just came out! I mean completely disconnected from the fork...Sooooooooo now my car wont start...And the clutch when pushed in does NOT come out on its own...You have to pull it out yourself...I've tried my dandest to get the damn thing back in but it just wont happen...

Im about to call infiniti roadside service...Anyone think this is a bad idea? Can I play this off like I have no idea what just happened?? Thanks and I cant believe this minor mod made such a big problem...I've installed plenty of things on my own...O well, let me know your thoughts...

Old 11-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Thx for the replies guys....Here is an update...

Went out this morning to return it back to stock...For some reason I could NOT get it to turn back in the opposite direction...After playing with it for about 20 mins, something BAD happened...The bolt which connected into the gold fork looking piece just came out! I mean completely disconnected from the fork...Sooooooooo now my car wont start...And the clutch when pushed in does NOT come out on its own...You have to pull it out yourself...I've tried my dandest to get the damn thing back in but it just wont happen...

Im about to call infiniti roadside service...Anyone think this is a bad idea? Can I play this off like I have no idea what just happened?? Thanks and I cant believe this minor mod made such a big problem...I've installed plenty of things on my own...O well, let me know your thoughts...

In small words....youre f*cked!