Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by imandresing22
or maybe they're looking for the "Land Rover" model sales approach

ha ha That's a good one

Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Someones gots lots of splaining too dooooo.

Seriously, that's terrible for the salesperson.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Melbourne is why I use Melbourne Infiniti but I think they do great work.. have always been really helpful for me.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kidtronix
I think its a toss-up as to whether or not the dealership makes a claim with their insurance company or if they eat the $$$, and find the guy a new IP coupe.

On a related note, depending on the state and it's laws...

If a vehicle is under a certain number of miles (depends on the local laws), dealerships can have a similarly damaged vehicle—repair them—and then sell them as fresh vehicles. They never have to disclose that the vehicle may have been previously damaged. I found this out from a friend who owns a dealership in Vero Beach.
This can't be true. They are advertising a NEW car and a car being damaged and repaired and sold as new would not constitute a new car. Hence, this would be considered false advertising.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Ouch....That sucks.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by memorex
why was the salesdude driving it in the first place? my cars sold, I expect it to sit tight till i puck it up.
++1!!!! I'd go nuts and demand a Fully Loaded gcoupe brand new at now extra cost!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Maybe the higher power wants the owner to wait for the 08?

So when is a G35 going to come out that makes it okay not to wait X amount of years.

God damn it-- theres always going to be something bigger or better 'in plan'

just buy the ****ing car.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
ouch

Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Not for nothing.. a buddy runs part of a dealership.. an auto mall I should say that is huge in islip... years ago I bought a nissan from him and am downstairs in the garage where they prep the cars and these new cars are getting hammered on.. engines being high reeved.. tires squealing... this jackass was probably hammering it too on his way to get detailed or whatever he was doing and just overshot the turn ..

Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
Not for nothing.. a buddy runs part of a dealership.. an auto mall I should say that is huge in islip... years ago I bought a nissan from him and am downstairs in the garage where they prep the cars and these new cars are getting hammered on.. engines being high reeved.. tires squealing... this jackass was probably hammering it too on his way to get detailed or whatever he was doing and just overshot the turn ..
beat me to it, i was going to say car was most likely going to get detailed or coming from getting.

...although this is some real BS ..fact is once the papers are signed it would have to go through owners ins company & it is technically a used car after ur john hancock goes on the paper whether u drove it or not. SUCKS right?

Something a little similair happened to a friend of mine but they did let him trade it back in for full value & he got an upgraded model for a lot less than it shoulda been so it worked out pretty good for him but he went berzerk @ first they had to call the cops on him

Old 09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That sucks for the salesman, but if he was driving it for a legitimate reason and had to swerve to avoid another car, maybe it was just an unavoidable accident. The crash happened on the road that the dealership is on and is only a few hundred feet from the entrance. See the attached photo.

The damage really isn't that bad. I would hope the dealership contacts the buyer and offers him a big discount on this vehicle or a slight discount on a similar vehicle.

They really don't have to offer anything but another car, if they have one on the lot. If you went to the electronics store and bought a TV to pick up a day or two later and they called and said the TV with your name on it got run through with a forklift but they have another unit of the same model to give you, you haven't been damaged or harmed if they give you another identical unit in another box.

In Florida, a car is still new until it is titled, so a dealer demo with 16,000 miles can still be titled as new.

The question will be whether they sell this vehicle as new when it is fixed. I can tell you that manufacturers repair and repaint vehicles after they come off of the assembly line and before they are delivered. Those vehicles are still sold as new and the buyers are never informed that their quarter panel had a little paint work done to it at the factory. I doubt the dealers even know about the repairs.

Attached Thumbnails Bad test drive (Pictures)-wreck2.jpg  

Last edited by Gilley; 09-28-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I was there when that accident happened, it wasn't the salesman fault...it was the F**kers at ferarri coming down the street on the wrong side of the street. And I bought my G35 coupr from there...and everone there is mad cool...especially the sales people. At melbourne infiniti is where you get raped when you are buying a car

Old 09-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by noa81
I was there when that accident happened, it wasn't the salesman fault...it was the F**kers at ferarri coming down the street on the wrong side of the street. And I bought my G35 coupr from there...and everone there is mad cool...especially the sales people. At melbourne infiniti is where you get raped when you are buying a car
First post, hmmmmmm..........

Old 09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
First post, hmmmmmm..........
I believe him. Ferrari of Central Florida is located right around Orlando Infiniti. I've heard numerous stories of Ferrari test drives taken to the extreme on that road.

But I don't know what I'd be more upset about...running a new G35 into a pole or not being able to fully enjoy the sound of a WOT Ferrari driving by?

Old 09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by noa81
Something definately sounds fishy with this being his first post...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad test drive (Pictures)