G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please allow me to apologize....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Please allow me to apologize....

Cryhavok, I think your ok man. I believe the "clunk" you here just after starting the car cold is the ABS system and VDC calibrating itself. Mine does it too when it's cold and I startup and drive off for work in the morning. I think someone posted about it in the past and Gsedanman explained it similiarly. My issue is after the car is hot and has been driven for a while and it only occurs when the clutch pedal is out. The sound it makes is like a combination of a friction sound and an irratic chattering while in neutral. I believe that means my clutch shaft throw-out bearing is bad but I could be wrong. All I know is the dealer said it's new tranny time and I'm BENT. Sigh....

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 10-25-2003, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, i would prefer a MT on a pure-sporty car, such as 350Z, M3, or S2K. But not on a luxury-sports coupe like G35C. Most of people picked G is because its luxurious and elegant look, not because it is a race machine. Many wants the G35 because they want to have a comfort ride, and that's why we see more G35AT than the MT. Just like most of the WRX are stick because they are not luxury and elegant car but pure sports and race. I bought the G35 Coupe because it's combination of elegant and sport, not because it looks like a sports car and want to go FAST with it, if i want the speed, i might as well as get myself a STI or Cobra (which is MT) and can smoke any G and Z.

Old 10-25-2003, 11:07 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey bro, That's your title -- and yours is now 'Member'. Your next change will be when you reach 200 posts. Give us a holler when you reach it and we'll update you to Enthusiast.
Later
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 10-25-2003, 11:14 PM

ohhh now i get it how it works.. hahaha thanks gsedanman...

Old 10-25-2003, 11:29 PM

well again it's personal preference...
i agree with both of them...
6MT can be treated as very sporty cars(yet still not pure sports car sorry) but good enough to enjoy performance handling etc...
however for 5AT, it will be nice looking combined with elegant luxurious power etc more relax driving experience...
g coupe should be in 2 categories... sports car(6MT) and luxury sport coupe(5AT)... i don't have any problems with calling our g as sports car or luxury sport coupe.. either way i'll always get a nice big smile on my face...
how about this...
let 6MT compete with other fast sports cars(go get'em show how potenial our car really is)
and 5AT compete with other luxury sport coupe such as 330ci, clk, cl you know...

DEAR CAR MAGAZINES,
PLEASE PUT OUR G IN TWO SEPARATE CATEGORIES... SPORTS CAR AND LUXURY SPORT COUPE...
THANK YOU!!!

are you guys happy now??

Old 10-27-2003, 06:01 AM

I have bought a brand new dodge 1997 Caravan ES and a 2000 VW GTI VR6 and let me tell u that every single f-n car company sucks for after sales support. All they want to do is sell u the car and move on to the next sale. I also expect the same type of service from infiniti....

Old 10-28-2003, 07:57 AM

I think that you also have to consider manufacturer's are in this business to make a profit. Considering more than half the population are female (I think it's 51% to 49% female to male) they have to strongly consider making automatic transmissions for their cars. Every girl I've ever gone out with had an auto when I met them, I taught them how to drive stick but they preferred auto. Now I've had a MT for the last 10 years and I love it. You are more connected and have more control of how the car reacts but I'm not mad when I have to drive my wifes auto SUV. Plus driving a stick in San Francisco up some of those hills is like asking for trouble. I'm getting an AT because my wife doesn't want a stick and it will keep peace in the house because we are suppose to "share" things. I test drove the auto and I can live with it's performance. I think MT would only be mandatory if you do a lot of street racing or take it to the track a lot..........

Old 10-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply redrok8. Good luck with your car!

2003.5 6MT Premium Black Coupe Al. Pedals Grounding kit Borla TD exhaust PIAA lights

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.