G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Compliments on the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tweny bucks this kid was just remembering your plates when you said how much it cost so he can look you up and jack it later. he just has to throw the bmx in the back and its gone...

i love the attention, but hate it too for the same reasons.

Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
Well I've seen some threads about the compliments or lack of that we get of the car... I am on Long Island and have to say G35s are certainly not uncommon these days. Well recently Ive been getting alot for some reason.. the other day I park in my driveway and as I am walking into my house three girls go walking by and they are like "hiiiiii" and I look up and one of them has that cute little wave going and all smiles... shes like nice car, I love it... (Im kicking myself saying I wish I were 20 years old since they were about 17 and pretty damn cute) Damn!

Last night I had another.. I thought I had some punk starting something with me. I am leaving Target about 10 oclock at night after doing some shopping and am on the cell phone and as I am backing out of my parking spot and start driving I hear some kid shouting something.. I look in my mirror and see this kid on his BMX bike pedaling behind me.. Im like maybe I almost hit him as I was backing out or something... I dont know.. so I loop around the parking lot going about 5 miles an hour and this kids following me riding his bike behind me.. so Im like ok.. let me roll down my window and see what this punk has to say... I roll down and first thing he says is Man I love your car.. this car is so hot.. what does this retail for new.. I said about 40k.. hes like this car is freakin awesome. Can you get twin turbo in it off the lot? I said nah, you have to go aftermarket.. hes like thats the way to do it man. The girl I was on the phone with heard him and shes just like holly ****.. that is so cool!

Who says we dont get love for our cars even if they are just one in a sea of many...

Old 10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
i got compliments all the time, at the gas station, while im at work, when im driving, this guy....obviously had no clue what he was in. Or maybe had no lcue what i was in. I pulled up next to a carrera s on saturday and he rolled down his window and said to me. i want your car. Funny thing is that i want his car

Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
in the first 2 weeks i got the car i have already received 3 compliments. and no i don't have 30 day tags cuz i had my old tags transferred.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
thats why i registered my car to a PO Box address so no one knows where I live.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
i get alot of compliments of all ages..not many while driving though

Old 10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Every since i rolled off the lot with it,people have been all on my nut sac.!!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:06 PM
i love these compliment threads...just reminds you of how sexy the G is

Old 10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
i've had the car for 5 months.. haven't gotten a compliment yet.. =(

Old 10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
thats why i registered my car to a PO Box address so no one knows where I live.
Kenny, you paranoid bro Thats why you got insurance...or do you

Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Drove an '04 x over a two year period and had only a few kind words from stangers. Got an '06 DG coupe in August and have received dozens of compliments. Don't see too many Connecticut.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Imagine how it is driving something like a 1955 Chevy Bel Air. Everyone from 4yr. olds on the playground to 90+'ers with stories of them (or a relative) having owned one "just like it!"... ...despite the fact it wasn't an OEM color combo and had a 468ci big-block. I never got so much possitive attention on the road on a consistent basis, wherever I went. A conversation at every stop.

I like the G better... ...and I drive it daily. But no doubt, a classic's visual appeal is universal. The G just plain looks sexy, regardless if people know what it is or not. IMO, it has the potential to become one of the few japanese cars that people in the US would someday consider a classic. Great lines are timeless.
I agree with you and it applies not only to the US.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I was getting lots of props over the G before I got in the accident. Hopefully, I get it back soon. People who see me regularly are wondering if I'm legal. Some people assume you're a drug dealer or something when they see you riding nice. My wife drives an 06 GS. I drive an 06 G35 and a modded SC300. A lot of people have nice cars in south florida but with all mine having blinged out chrome wheels, it kind of catches attention. I try to be an ordinary guy but some people are just haters. SO, I end up hanging with people who have more than I do because they cant' hate.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
i drooled the first time i ever saw this car released and i still drool now, that's why i wear a bib when i drive

Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
people stare at my car cuz I am in this car...
lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compliments on the G