G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

thurs - got G; mon - got hit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redzzand
glad you ok man, but just make sure that whoever fixes it doesnt just slap some bondo on it, and repaint... I hate it when shops try to be cheap to pocket money...
my girlfriend's dad told me this body shop is the only place he takes his car for any cosmetic mods or repairs so i trust it completely (gf's dad has NICE cars, has had several 911's bmw's, etc. currently on 06 M5)

and thanks everyone

Old 11-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just be glad it isnt my TL

Damage: FRAME, AXLE, rear bumper, rear driver panel, rims, pasta and chicken parmisian ALL OVER MY BACK SEAT. battery died since trunk wouldent close. (edit) Also rear light (edit)

I felt like crying. i think repair estimates are at 7,000 exluding frame and axle damage. just hope i dont get my car back as a salvage or even worse as totaled

happened 1 week ago and not my fault

I exited a plaza looking to go east on a road so i went to the median. i was clear of both lanes of traffic. but, there was a lady also leaving the plaza shortly after me. she looked both ways and saw it was clear. she floored it and went. looked forward and hit me....My car was sorta driveable...it lobbed around...

Last edited by FlGdriver118; 11-08-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
well that sucks but glad that you are alright

Old 11-08-2006, 11:38 PM
My G35 > Your G35
lol unlucky.. hah i think ur more than lucky.. **** i got hit the very first day i got my g35 and ive wanted for over a year as well its my dream car. Right now your pissed but when you pocket money from insurance if the body shop knows you.. heh be prepared for a free first mod. ($300-$700) depending on how gangster you are .

Old 11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
i was teary-eyed on the phone with my parents
im sorry to hear that bro - especially after having it so little time, i know exactly how you felt and im sure i would too if that happened to me, especially after im almost done with my mod's =\

after seeing the first pic i was gonna say, just be thankful the fender wasnt hit - but then i saw it was in the 2nd pic. If you need a new rear bumper, i have one in lakeshore that i replaced after getting my kit - but needs to be repainted either way. Maybe you can get the bodyshop to quote the insurance with the price of an aftermarket bumper

What ever you do, make sure you take it to a good shop!

Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn dude i feel like i'm the one who got hit

Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Ouch. Let's be safe out there because winter is around the corner and there are a lot of a hole drivers out there. Especially look out for the a holes driving the POS bucket.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:40 AM
dont feel bad same thing happend to me about 2 month ago i only had 3000 miles on my car...find a good body shop and u will never know u got hit

Old 11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by SeZkI
lol unlucky.. hah i think ur more than lucky.. **** i got hit the very first day i got my g35 and ive wanted for over a year as well its my dream car. Right now your pissed but when you pocket money from insurance if the body shop knows you.. heh be prepared for a free first mod. ($300-$700) depending on how gangster you are .
yeah im hoping to get some free money, and sell that wheel... it isnt in terrible shape just not brand new shape, could certainly be refurbished or refinished..... anyone?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
hehehehehe, ur Gs got nothing on that TL lol. But i'm sry 'bout ur accident.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I had mine 2 days. Come out of a restaurant and my door is slammed in. Car next to me has my paint all over their rear door. Wait 2 hours in parking lot for POSs to come out and they say I planted it there b/c they were black and I wanted some insurance money? Got a cop to come take a look, says shopping center is private property so hes not going to mess with it and (after they left) says they'd have said he was racist if he had said anything about the paint matching up. You got lucky the guy backed into you, otherwise he could have lied his *** off and drove off and you would have had to pay the deductible. I know exactly how you feel, but at least he didn't try to weasel out of it.

The best part, the guy w/ the other car told us when we confronted him:"I drive a Cadillac, I got plenty of money." <--his explanation for how it couldnt have been his fault.

So sorry, it could have been worse, but really sorry about your luck.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:05 PM
sorry to hear that man

Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by phishman
I had mine 2 days. Come out of a restaurant and my door is slammed in. Car next to me has my paint all over their rear door. Wait 2 hours in parking lot for POSs to come out and they say I planted it there b/c they were black and I wanted some insurance money? Got a cop to come take a look, says shopping center is private property so hes not going to mess with it and (after they left) says they'd have said he was racist if he had said anything about the paint matching up. You got lucky the guy backed into you, otherwise he could have lied his *** off and drove off and you would have had to pay the deductible. I know exactly how you feel, but at least he didn't try to weasel out of it.

The best part, the guy w/ the other car told us when we confronted him:"I drive a Cadillac, I got plenty of money." <--his explanation for how it couldnt have been his fault.

man i hate how that crap has to happen like that.... political BS getting in the way of just getting a simple thing taken care of, sorry to hear about that man, have u gotten it fixed yet??

and yeah i got lucky, the guy was really good about it... i guess it helped that he knew he couldnt get away with it long, since it was right in front of his apartment...... i am so anxious to get it fixed, my mom asked me (in a disappointed, pity-for-me voice) "so did that take away some of the excitement of having your new car?" and it did

Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah could've been worse. While I was in college, my friend's GF got a brand new M3. As she was pulling out of the dealer's parking lot, she got T-boned by a guy who ran a red light, and totalled her brand spankin' new M3.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by phishman

DAmn that's a bitch for you. I wonder what would have happened if he dented my G since i am black. I think i'd follow the person or find out where the hell they live and give them due justice.....Also how could you PLANT dent.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thurs - got G; mon - got hit