G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help Rattle!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Rattle!

Hey everyone,

Ive been noticing a light rattle in my car lately. Its clearly noticeable when the car is cold. When it warms up its still a little noticeable on acceleration (normally not aggressively) from a stand still, usually at lower rpms (fades at around 3-4k). First guess would be exhaust heatshield, but im not too sure.

My car is an 04 6MT. any ideas?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Did you recently have any work done on the fuel recall or suspension? I had this problem when the dealer did a fuel hose recall. The brake line was hitting something under acceleration just as you described. The put the brake line back in its holder and everything was fine.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2006 G35 coupe 6MT with 4000 miles on it. Mine also makes that light rattle. You can barely hear it sometimes! And yes, it is only on lower RPMs!! The noise is gone after you pass 3k!
I bought the car brand new, but I only started noticing the noise a couple of months later.
I might be wrong, but I don't think it's something major!
PS: The rattle noise is really low, right??? If you have the AC on, it will be hard to hear it, right?? At least with my car!!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
i hear rattling sometime in my 04 5AT coupe... its soo annoying

Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by HtownG35Coupe
i hear rattling sometime in my 04 5AT coupe... its soo annoying
Is it loud though???

Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
well on my car it isnt loud. I hear it very clearly when im inside my parking lot (indoors) especially when i turn the car on. You wouldnt hear it unless i step on the gas though. its not a sound u hear in neutral. I guess its a rattle that happens between 2k and 3k. Im not too worried about it right now, but i have a check up in a month or so. just wondering if there is any reason to be worried.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
i think it's the clutch/transmission...normal on our cars

Old 11-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I travel on smooth Florida roads and my car sounds like the Philharmonic! I only have 17,000 miles on my 04 and have learned to live with it. I know that if I take it to the dealer, most probably the car will leave with most of the same rattles as well as some additional damage. I've learned to stay away from the dealer unless it's absolutely necessary. By the way, all these cars rattle! The sedans are better is this department.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I have a odd noise comming from the car and i have been trying to locate it for about the last 6 months. Its more than a rattle though its almost a clunk noise. It comes from the back of the car...about right where the back seat meets the trunk and im almost positive that its comming from the underneith part of the car....only when i go over bumps or when im going above 70mph and im going over a bridge.......its bad......

Old 11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
all manuel transmissions rattle , you should also see if its rusted because thats when exuast start to make noise

Old 11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I have a odd noise comming from the car and i have been trying to locate it for about the last 6 months. Its more than a rattle though its almost a clunk noise. It comes from the back of the car...about right where the back seat meets the trunk and im almost positive that its comming from the underneith part of the car....only when i go over bumps or when im going above 70mph and im going over a bridge.......its bad......
Dont know if this applies to your rattle, but i had it coming from the same spot where the back seat meets the trunk. I figured it out, its the latch that locks in the rear fold down seat. i dont know what to do to stop it, i am thinking of wrapping the the metal part with something like electrical tape and then locking it, b/c i think the noise is metal to metal locking feature.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by O'sG
Dont know if this applies to your rattle, but i had it coming from the same spot where the back seat meets the trunk. I figured it out, its the latch that locks in the rear fold down seat. i dont know what to do to stop it, i am thinking of wrapping the the metal part with something like electrical tape and then locking it, b/c i think the noise is metal to metal locking feature.
No i took my seats out and it still is there...... its from underneith the car. Its not a little rattle its a loud *** clunking noise metal hiting metal...

Old 11-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If you guys are going to set up a presidential committee for rattles on Nissan/Infiniti cars...........the results should be the same.. All cars rattle somewhat.. and Nissan has many.. but Reliability will always stand out..and still does. all others can choose between the two......... reliability and rattles.. go for it.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I dont know about the rest of these folks but im not freaking out because of my rattle. Im just asking around if people have experience something similar. Obviously its very tough to explain a sound by typing but who knows. Either way im asking because that sound wasnt there when i first bought the car. Im also thinking that because the temperature is dropping there might be some new sounds.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC
well on my car it isnt loud. I hear it very clearly when im inside my parking lot (indoors) especially when i turn the car on. You wouldnt hear it unless i step on the gas though. its not a sound u hear in neutral. I guess its a rattle that happens between 2k and 3k. Im not too worried about it right now, but i have a check up in a month or so. just wondering if there is any reason to be worried.
That exactly what I have!!!!!! Would you mind telling us how it goes with the check up??? Thanks!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Rattle!