G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I got a few Question about break upgreads and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a few Question about break upgreads and.....

My first question is has any one upgraded their stock breaks on the automatic to Brembos. I want to upgrade and I was wondering which breaks I should get. How much should I expect to pay?
My second questions is, are there any plans or are there any carbon fiber aftermarket center consol kits. I have a diamond graphite coupe with willow interior. I think it would look |3itchen if I had a carbon fiber center consol. Are there any other kits you might recommend to me that would look nice with my interior color?
My third and final question is, if you were me and you have lets say 6 grand to spend on your car what would you do. I am think I will upgrade the breaks and suspension and then maybe next year when I have more money to blow on my car I will get turbo or super charger or something to increases my HP by a lot. If you have any options about what u think I should do please share I could use some ideas. I just want to do this car right! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I got a few Question about break upgreads and.....

I would wait until more things are available. The stock brakes and suspension are very good as they are, but it depends if you are going to do SCCA or some type of track racing. Otherwise I would add power first and then brakes and suspension, with this car. Most other cars, I would say brakes and suspension first then power.

Merlin.

Old 01-22-2003, 11:04 PM

hey thanks merlin i agree with what you are saying i will wait till i mod the engine then work with the brakes. The suspension is good for now.

Old 01-23-2003, 01:19 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

i agree with Myrlee... TT or supercharger should be top priority, since this coupe handles pretty dam well and brakes pretty dam well too, with at 75HP more and you will eat a vette for lunch... and still be cheaper than a vette, with build quality of a japanese automobile

Old 01-23-2003, 01:24 AM

=) use that money and convert that g35 to manual. You'll enjoy the turbo or SC more with a manual tranny. I think that'll do the car right.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 01-23-2003, 08:25 AM

Thanks this what i was looking for. I would like go to manual like you said OverYaHead but my wife is also going to be driving this car and she does not know how to operate a manual car. But if i could i would go to manual. DO you think the auto can handle a boost of 75HP or what ever the Turbo will give me?

Old 01-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Staff ALUMNI

Should be able to handle it, but I would add an external tranny cooler. Heat is always the biggest enemy of an auto.
And just like Clint says "A man has to know his limitations", don't go crazy and crank up the boost without the right upgrades to the engine.

Merlin.

Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 AM

I've got a wife that can't drive a stick, too. She's hesitant to try, and I really wanted a manual transmission. We came to the agreement that this car will have the automatic, and she'll learn to drive a stick. I'll probably be looking for a cheap beater with a stick later this year.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter