G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Buyer's Remorse Part 2

Old 11-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer's Remorse Part 2

Please refer to the following thread for background: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...buyers+remorse

So, after a few weeks of email correspondance with the seller of this item (who lives in Hong Kong), he was able to convince me that his product was indeed authentic (I will spare you guys with the details). I completed the transaction with him via Paypal. Then, a few days later, I went onto ebay again and much to my dismay and anger, I saw the following up for bidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW

Notice the "ING Style" as opposed to "Authentic INGS" as my item was described as being. Also, notice the cheaper price. Although my purchase included the eyelines and the paint job. I wrote him back and told him I would dispute my transaction with paypal unless he proved that the items he sold to me were authentic. He told me that he used my spoiler as a mold for the replica up for auction. Kinda fishy, I thought. He did seem very genuine, to his credit. I filed a formal dispute with Paypal and they reversed the transaction pending resolution b/w me and the seller. We agreed on a 100$ reimbursement back to me, however, he would still adamantly claim that what he sold me was the real deal.

I just received the shipment of the items, and I am starting to believe that he was telling the truth. Excellent paint job, very light in weight and perfect fit (just a mock-up fit of the spoiler onto my trunk). I guess I will never really know for sure if what I got was authentic INGS+1. But I'm happy with the outcome. In sum: 470$ for trunk spoiler, front and tail eyelines - all painted very professionally in DG.

Attached Thumbnails Buyer's Remorse Part 2-1.jpg   Buyer's Remorse Part 2-2.jpg   Buyer's Remorse Part 2-3.jpg   Buyer's Remorse Part 2-5.jpg   Buyer's Remorse Part 2-4.jpg  

Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Question for all of you out there who have INGS+1 trunk spoilers: Is the 3M tape strong enough to keep it on? Do you recommend getting it bolted on?

Last edited by dmhaxis; 11-27-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i recall reading that ppl used the 3M tape and it seemed to be good enough... i wouldnt bolt .... more permanent if you do!

it seems to me that it is very possible that he did create a mold out of yours, but either way you got it for a steal even if it is fake i guess... if the shoe fits...

Old 11-27-2006, 10:53 PM
that 3m tape, when applied correctly, works wonders. make sure you prep your surface properly. by some 3m adhesive remover/cleaner to prep your trunk. my impul spoiler is going on 3+ years with the same 3M tape