G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.

I havn't posted here in a while but needed your guys opinion. Just happened tonight I went to Wendy's while on my way to the Devils game driving down Rt. 17 in the G35. My friend and I went and got the drive thru and parked in a parking spot to check out the food and get situated, only sat there for about 2 minutes. Literally out of no where when I was paying no attention to the outside of the car, I just hear a huge crash, the car being slammed, and glass shatter everywhere. I thought a car from the road lost control and plowed into me... it was an impressive impact, hard enough to shake the car as if I was hit from somebody going around 20ish, but ironically it was actually a 25 foot light pole that broke from the base and came crashing down into my car. The front windshield smashed in, nearly shattering, and the roof came down a good amount smacking me in the head because I was sitting up. Luckily for me the roof didn't collapse, but it did give me a nice unexpected smack, I don't think I'm hurt but it happened so fast and I just jumped out of the car. We didn't take an ambulance, no one was bleeding we were just really shocked and shook up. But the damage to the G is pretty bad... The sunroof is shattered and pushed in about 2 feet, the roof is coming in on the drivers side too, front window is smashed, glass everywhere, and then it turned worse all the windows were down and it started pouring rain. About 5 other people saw it all happen, so they couldn't say I pushed it down. Wendy's managers rushed out trying to accuse me of pushing it, and then put some forms in front of me and my friends face saying they wanted us to sign some forms. I refused, and called the good guys, the cops, and had Infiniti come and tow it. Says their dropping it off in the morning to Infiniti, not too sure if the car is fixable since theres frame damage. The cops had a good laugh and commented how it was ironic that we had to be in that parking spot at that exact time. The cause of it wasn't the wind or anything but the bottom of the light post was rusted out and old, deffinitly not safe at all. Both me and my friend are still in shock of the situation, both of us feeling some discomfort in the neck but were managing for now. Just glad were ok, if that pole was a little bit heavier or landed in a different spot I think things could have been a lot worse. Wendy's reimbursed me for my food and gave us some free stuff because our food got glass all in it. I had a friend come pick us up and bring us to the Devil's game which we now were an hour late for. Good thing they won so that turned out good but thats about the only good thing that happened tonight! Not too sure what I can do from here though, do I just let insurance take care of everything or should I get some lawyers involved? Not sure if I even have a case but maybe you guys would have more insight than me.

Attached Thumbnails Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-g35smahedup1.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-g35smashedup.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-g35smashedup2.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-g35smashedup3.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-rotted-light-post.jpg  

Old 12-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Dude that sucks! Sorry

BTW You have a case!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 12:35 AM
damn, sorry about your car but the good thing is that both of you are okie!!. it sound like your G is totaled. keep us posted about your ride.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:48 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad you and everyone else are ok, mostly.....

My advice is to get legal advice....ASAP/.... and don't sign anything until you've talked to him/her

Old 12-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Call the Cops
yo listen up
and listen good

you have a case here

a light post shouldn't come crashing down onto the ground
you could've died
sue the town, or the people who own the property
you can get some $$$ from this

call a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn that's some scary as ****, good thing u kept ur temper when the wendys guy try getting the liability off them trying to get u to sign....pshh, I think I would've lost it if it was my car. Anyways good luck with everything

On a side note- is that 1 crazy guy/fan (guy in 30s or 40s) at the devils game still cheer in the middle of the periods? Give me a D!...d....Give me an E!!!....e....etc..u get it lol. that guy always used to say it when I had season tickets back in 95'-98' and when they won the cup.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:03 AM
RPL
Originally Posted by Basheer
yo listen up
and listen good

you have a case here

a light post shouldn't come crashing down onto the ground
you could've died
sue the town, or the people who own the property
you can get some $$$ from this

call a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're a douche bag.

Anyways, don't get a lawyer just yet. Figure out what you want and see if the property owner will give them to you. Remember, no one intentionally threw a light pole down on top of you. However, they should be responsible for it, a.k.a. to fix everything to as it was before the incident (sounds like you need a new car ). If they want to put up a fight, then seek a lawyer and his/her advice.

Props on keeping your cool, calling the police, and not signing anything.

Last edited by RPL; 12-02-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:07 AM
damn man...that is one weird coincidence

Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
i'm gonna have to agree with colin on this one...

it's hard to admit these things but things could have been a lot worse just like you said. at least you guys lived to tell the story...

hope everything works out for yah!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Dam, sucks.

Time for an M3 or turbo'd G.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 AM
i woulda been mad as hell! i at least would of cussed out the people askin me to sign ****.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:55 AM
I wasn't sure whether to get mad or what it was no ones fault there. It was just due to Wendy's poor maintence of the place and them not noticing something that could of potentially hurt someone. The guy with the forms could barely speak English and wanted a report, I gave him my information phone number name etc but thats it. I'm gona figure things out tomorrow gona go see the car in the light and talk to some people. Gona have some better pics tomorrow, guess I'll find out if its totaled or what. Thanks for the comments guys its a shame i really liked the car, if you have anymore advice let me know. I've told a few friends the story and no one believes me lol.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:07 AM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
0_0 wtf.

quite glad you're ok. that's re-dic.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You HAVE to see the humor in that situation-- I hope you bought a lottery ticket... That stuffs so random you can't be mad... well, you could, I mean it was a 40k sports car, but thats why you pay insurence right?

Wendy's fault all the way-- I had Burger King's insurence pay for a new OEM front lip, because the little barb in the parking curb wasn't all the way in, and ripped it up

You can definitely get money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.