G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What did you pay for G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What did you pay for G35?

I paid the 38.6k sticker on mine, but got about 800 more than book on my trade. They simply would not budge on MSRP, and it's hard to blame them. The car would have sold within days for sticker here in Dallas.

I hate you fellas that got such great deals.. well.. perhaps not hate.. I'm jealous.. LOL

Old 11-10-2003, 05:53 PM

Its about time we got another Infiniti dealer around Boston
It will be good to stir things up with a little competition.
Quirk is known for the lowest price at their Nissan dealership, and it seems they are doing the same with Infiniti.
They are also known for the worst service and customer satisfaction in New England.
So get your cars from Quirk, but get them serviced elsewhere.

DG Coupe Prem/Nav/Sport/Aero-In my driveway!

Old 11-10-2003, 11:12 PM

mikedg35

I noticed the advertised price was heavily discounted from the MSRP, but the bottom of the page shows a $2K cap cost reduction for the lease. I would think this cuts in to the actual discount that a buyer is receiving on the leasing side. The
$31,475 actually becomes $33,475. There is still around a $900 to $1K reduction from MSRP since it has a sun roof, but once again, on a lease they can bury some or all of this discount in the residual value and/or the lease % they offer. If you go through a 3rd party for financing or leasing, then you may get a better deal. Purchasing this vehicle is the best bet since it minimizes the number of opportunities a dealership can take to play the "shell game" with the numbers on leasing. One thing I have learned from an owner of a car dealership in the Orlando area, is that the advertised discount is not the actual discount a buyer will receive. When you take a look at how many components make up a purchase or lease, you can never win in all areas because the dealership could not afford to sell the car unless the manufacturer was offering big incentives to the dealers. That's how we can sometimes buy a car at invoice price (usually american cars) since the manufacturer is providing incentives to the dealer so the manufacturer can get rid of their heavy inventory.

Last, but not least, go to www.carbuyingtips.com/lease.htm, or go to www.carbuyingtips.com/ and read about deceptive advertising. Some of the ads may look familiar to you.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I paid 37,000 inc Tax, lic, and doc on a 2004 Coupe w/ 5AT, TB/willow, sunroof, premium, 18's, tint, and spoiler. My baby is 4 days old now = ) ...

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int. 18's, Aero, tint, Pemium.

Old 11-11-2003, 03:44 PM

mikedg35

I noticed the advertised price was heavily discounted from the MSRP, but the bottom of the page shows a $2K cap cost reduction for the lease. I would think this cuts in to the actual discount that a buyer is receiving on the leasing side. The
$31,475 actually becomes $33,475. There is still around a $900 to $1K reduction from MSRP since it has a sun roof, but once again, on a lease they can bury some or all of this discount in the residual value and/or the lease % they offer. If you go through a 3rd party for financing or leasing, then you may get a better deal. Purchasing this vehicle is the best bet since it minimizes the number of opportunities a dealership can take to play the "shell game" with the numbers on leasing. One thing I have learned from an owner of a car dealership in the Orlando area, is that the advertised discount is not the actual discount a buyer will receive. When you take a look at how many components make up a purchase or lease, you can never win in all areas because the dealership could not afford to sell the car unless the manufacturer was offering big incentives to the dealers. That's how we can sometimes buy a car at invoice price (usually american cars) since the manufacturer is providing incentives to the dealer so the manufacturer can get rid of their heavy inventory.

Last, but not least, go to www.carbuyingtips.com/lease.htm, or go to www.carbuyingtips.com/ and read about deceptive advertising. Some of the ads may look familiar to you.

No you are still working off of the cap cost of $31,475 but you will need to put down $2000 do get the lease payment to $349 amonth. So after putting down the $2000 your adjusted cap cost will be $29,475. Also the residual value is the same at all the dealerships (Or at least all the dealerships I went to around boston. 52% for a 48 month lease and I think it is 60% for a 39 month lease. Even the lease finance rate is the same at 5.36%.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:04 PM

I see what you mean, but the numbers aren't adding up. I used the numbers you provided in my leasing software, which is very similar or in some cases exactly what dealerships use and the lease monthly rate was $409.53/month. I have a text attachment showing all of the details, but I am unable to attach it to this post. Are you only able to attach jpeg and gif files? I would be glad to send this to your email address so you can review it. Just let me know.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:13 PM

Those numbers won't add up. The ONLY way you'll end up paying 349 a month is if you put a lot down, or if your credit rating is *insanely* high, which DOES help a ton believe it or not (or so I was told). I lease for 378 a month w/2.5k down, due to the credit rating.

-edit- oh, 36 month lease.
Buying a car is a terrible investment!

Old 11-11-2003, 09:21 PM

You guys must be doing the numbers wrong. I used www.leaseguide.com and put in the numbers and it was right close. Make sure you are putting in the MSRP ($34,345) and then the negotiated price ($30,995) and then your down payment ($2000) then the residual value (60%) and then the money factor (.00215 or 5.16%) and 39 months and then sales tax (5%) and you will get $337.81. The reason why it is a little higher in the ad is because maybe they put bank fee in the payment. Try it and you will see.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:23 PM

G35_4EVR,

If you want to send the numbers to me that would be fine. Send them to corvette384@comcast.net

Old 11-11-2003, 10:32 PM

mikedg35

I had used your numbers from your previous post outlining a 48 month lease/ 52% residual value etc. With the numbers you just provided on a 39 month lease with $2K cap cost reduction, 5% sales tax and 60% residual, I came up with $345.21, so that's close enough.

Now that's a sweet deal! Congratulations!!!

Old 11-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

$33550 for my base 6 speed coupe. I paid sticker, but got one hell of a car at a great price. I needed the extra head room given by the lack of a sun roof and didn't care about any of the other extras. It's no base model as far as I'm concerned. A salesman at a Nissan dealer couldn't believe me, when I told him my coupe came standard with brembos and was cheaper than getting a track model 350z.

Ivory Pearl Coupe/Willow Interior
6mt Base Model
Aero Package only option

Old 11-16-2003, 09:42 PM

Sticker was $39,100 , got em to $36815.
Bluebook on trade $5700, got $7000K before they even saw it (started negotiations online). This allowed me to use the payment calc's online, and the email trail made it easy to find where they were adding/moving their margins. I didn't put another penny down (other than trade) and bought it owing $520/5yr w/GAP insurance. Pretty fair deal considering they started out at $679/5yr.

Old 11-16-2003, 10:07 PM

Paid MSRP - $38465

<font color=blue>Twilight Blue/Willow, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Splashguards, Clearbra, Tint, Sirius, Ground Wires, EBC Greenstuff...</font color=blue>

Old 11-16-2003, 10:12 PM

around 33k. 378 a month, 3 year lease. no nav, no tire package. just premium. didn't need the tires in the winter, and the nav is overpriced. i can throw a laptop inside and fix it all up for less than a grand. they are ridiculous w/the price of the nav (in my opinion). don't bother wasting your time trying to explain the stock nav to me, you'd be wasting your time. i hope that saves some posts.

Old 11-16-2003, 10:22 PM

There are NO advertisements for discounts on G35c in SoCal .. Boooooooooooo*

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for G35?