G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Best Oil: Motul!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Amsoil for me all the way with the Nano filter technology that they have. I have about 4k miles on my oil and it's still honey colored. I use Motul brake fluid amazing stuff.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fassster10
Ok how much more expensive is Motul per quart??? I'd be willing to give it a try!!!!I've used Mobil 1, Pensoil Synthetic, Shell Synthetic, and Castrol Synthetic and so far MObil1 is the one that feels like has more response....
Mobil 1 is def the best out of those you mentioned... I've used Shell, Mobile, Motul, repsol (bike), Amsoil. All those are good and I can barely tell the difference between them with the exception of the Amsoil...it feels smoother and lasts longer.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
where can i get amsoil?

Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Used nothing but Royal Purple.........works like a charm!!

Redline is something imma try next

Old 12-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
If you guys need amazing oil, try out BMW Synthetic oil. Im not a fanboy of BMW because everyone thinks its some perfect great machine , but instead they have insane amount of reliability issues right now, Bangle does horrific designing on the newest gen cars (hideous 3-series ), but regardless of that, my homie's pops owns a body shop that fixest most German cars (Porsche, MB, BMW ) and he said he'd hook me up with a free oil change. Sure enough, he hooked me up with 5 quarts of BMW Synthetic oil and an Infiniti OEM filter. I fired her up and I immediately felt a difference. As I backed up, the response was much cleaner. I took her out on the highway back home and the response was nasty. I got the hookup this time, but a oil change from BMW is roughly 65 if done at their dealership. Just buy their oil and change it yourself (if your capable of that) or just take that oil to a jiffy lube.

I might actually try that, considering on my BMW, it doesnt require oil change for 12000 miles. And its a M series. I'd imagine the oil holds up well enough for all that.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
no matter what garden variety oil&lube place I go; they all say royal purple is the best. Who really knows what the best is. Just regurgitating what I heard.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
sounds like he's blowing smoke up your rear. No oil, synthetic or not, will get you 3-4 more mpg.
-GP-
+1, Ur right foot is ur MPG controller, not the OIL.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nchima
where can I buy this stuff at?
Originally Posted by maxgsII
Might want to do a google...the only place I know is where at JE. But, again, I'm sure you can google it!
.....and get a loan lined up because that stuff is not cheap!..

As to whether it's justified, ----- well that's a matter of opinion......and of course if you're selling it....

All kidding aside, Most people get away with regular dino (cheap) oil and do quite nicely in the process......

I do use synthetic (Castrol), and have for some time, but I've not seen or read any scientific proof that it's 'better'.........
In my mind tho, it's better, and that's what counts to me.....

I know I couldn't justify the extra expense of Motul without irrefutable proof.
(I'm from Missouri)....

Colin.

PS. I doubt you'll see any better than a 1/2 to 1 mpg bump in gas mileage with whatever you use ( I have never) ......I've never seen "a 3 to 4 mpg" improvement, but then I've never used Motul.......

C.

Last edited by Msedanman; 12-10-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by krezievietboi
uhhh im kinda of a noob. how come you have to switch to synthetic oil after 10k?
you dont have to wait til 10k. On my first oil change at 2k miles i switched to Mobil 1 and have been using it every 3-5k miles thereafter.

I looked up the motul 5W-30 and that stuff isnt cheap at all, cheapest i could find was $8 a qaurt, not including shipping. I'll stick with my Mobil one for $23 for a 5quart jug from walmart thanks!
-GP-

Old 12-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
If you guys need amazing oil, try out BMW Synthetic oil. Im not a fanboy of BMW because everyone thinks its some perfect great machine , but instead they have insane amount of reliability issues right now, Bangle does horrific designing on the newest gen cars (hideous 3-series ), but regardless of that, my homie's pops owns a body shop that fixest most German cars (Porsche, MB, BMW ) and he said he'd hook me up with a free oil change. Sure enough, he hooked me up with 5 quarts of BMW Synthetic oil and an Infiniti OEM filter. I fired her up and I immediately felt a difference. As I backed up, the response was much cleaner. I took her out on the highway back home and the response was nasty. I got the hookup this time, but a oil change from BMW is roughly 65 if done at their dealership. Just buy their oil and change it yourself (if your capable of that) or just take that oil to a jiffy lube.
I believe BMW oil is actually made by Castrol. More than likely, same as Castrol pure synthetic.

Big reason behind the long oil change interval is because BMW is paying for it. I complained and told them my BMW was not going more than 7500 and the dealership agreed it was a better interval and footed the bill.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxGsII
I was a big-time believer in Mobil 1 (what-I-thought-was) 100% synthetic, but not anymore. Had my oil changed at my Performance Shop (JE Performance Imports, Baltimore) today, and the owner (James Evans) told me that Motul (for a whole host of reasons) was the best oil going! Needless to say, for me, it's Motul for the Coupe and FX from now on...
This is not true about the Mobil 1 Oil to my knowledge. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil is actually a real true full Synthetic oil or at least it used to be as of a few months ago unless they've recently changed their formula. Amsoil, Redline and Motul are also true synthetics.

Castrol's American-Market "Full Synthetic" oil is actually not a true synthetic. They managed to get classified as a full synthetic becuase of some loophole in the standards of what is required for an oil to be classified as a Synthetic. The only true Full Synthetic Castrol oil out there is the German Castrol 0W30 oil which you can buy at Auto Zone for about $6 a quart.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Msedanman
.....and get a loan lined up because that stuff is not cheap!..

As to whether it's justified, ----- well that's a matter of opinion......and of course if you're selling it....

All kidding aside, Most people get away with regular dino (cheap) oil and do quite nicely in the process......

I do use synthetic (Castrol), and have for some time, but I've not seen or read any scientific proof that it's 'better'.........
In my mind tho, it's better, and that's what counts to me.....

I know I couldn't justify the extra expense of Motul without irrefutable proof.
(I'm from Missouri)....

Colin.

PS. I doubt you'll see any better than a 1/2 to 1 mpg bump in gas mileage with whatever you use ( I have never) ......I've never seen "a 3 to 4 mpg" improvement, but then I've never used Motul.......

C.
Brother,
I must admit - - it was an expensive oil change, but doesn't matter...I put my FULL trust in J/E (something I don't do often)...I'm confident I will see positive results iin the long run. In fact, I'm taking the FX in soon, for the same 'treatment!!!'

As a point of reference, the Motul was about $8.50 a quart.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
This is not true about the Mobil 1 Oil to my knowledge. Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil is actually a real true full Synthetic oil or at least it used to be as of a few months ago unless they've recently changed their formula. Amsoil, Redline and Motul are also true synthetics.

Castrol's American-Market "Full Synthetic" oil is actually not a true synthetic. They managed to get classified as a full synthetic becuase of some loophole in the standards of what is required for an oil to be classified as a Synthetic. The only true Full Synthetic Castrol oil out there is the German Castrol 0W30 oil which you can buy at Auto Zone for about $6 a quart.
Yes, mobil one has recently changed, unfortunately. Probably why so many places had a sale on it in the last month or so.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Yes, mobil one has recently changed, unfortunately. Probably why so many places had a sale on it in the last month or so.

Got any good links to places that talk about this change in Mobil-1 Formulation? I usually like to try to keep up on this sort of thing, but haven't payed attention to it much recently. I was planning on switching to German Castrol anyways in the G... but am not sure if I want to do the same in my Tacoma.

You still running these days?

Old 12-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you guys know where we could read about the change in Mobil-1 formula. what are the best internet sites to get amsoil, redline, motul, and royal purple?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Oil: Motul!!!