G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What Service have you done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:12 PM
DCASA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Service have you done?

Last visit to my dealer they recommended i do a transmission flush and power steering flush. I have 45k miles, didnt think these things were necessary; just another way for them to make fast money. So far all I have done is regular oil changes and brakes.
What have you done that you felt necessary?
There are cars that go 250k miles and never get these flushes. One of the few things i heard you should do is a timing belt? how many miles before change on this car?

Thanks for your input.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Is your car an Auto or a Manual Tranny?

If it's an auto... a flush won't hurt, and is a good idea to have done.

For a manual.. there really is no point to a flush.. just drain and refill with new OEM spec fluid.

There's no need to do a timing belt, because this motor doesn't have one. It's equipped with a timing chain instead.. and those are generally maintenance free.

You'll want to flush your coolant if you haven't already... change the gear oil in the differential, perhaps change the fuel filter, air-filter and lube up all the hinges on the car with white lithium grease. Also check the battery to make sure the fluid is up to the full level in each of the chambers.. and refill it if not. Also make sure the battery posts are free of corrosion and pull out all the leaves and dirt from the cars various drainage canals.

You can flush your brake systems fluid too... although it's probably not necessary yet if you don't track the car.

Don't forget to make sure the tire pressure is up to spec.. but this one should be done more so on a bi-monthly basis than on a prolonged maintenence schedule regimine.

Last edited by partyman66; 01-01-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From everything I've read, flushes are being pushed on customers not because they are needed but because it's a huge margin service for service departments.

Check your service manual. If it doesn't say do it at 50k then don't do it.

Find a good mechanic that you trust and ask him. Dealerships are just trying to part with more of your $$.