G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Talladega Superspeedway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talladega Superspeedway

Folks,
I have a friend who got these vouchers to run your car on the Talladega Superspeedway, but he doesn't have the car for it. He says: "It would be a waste to use these tickets with my car, so I want to give them to you & your G35, and I'll be your passenger."

So, it looks like I'll be taking my '04 G35 6MT Coupe on the 2.66 Mile, 30 degree banked turn, tri-oval of Nascar fame.
I *wish*, I *wish* I had the reflash that removes the 155mph speed limiter, but for $500 - no way. I just bought tires.

I'm pretty excited. I plan to have someone video tape it from the stands, and I'm making an in-car vidcam mount to hopefully get it from the inside perspective as well. We're planning on mid-Feb.

I've autocrossed, and raced on some trackdays, etc, but I've never taken a turn at 155mph.
Does anyone know how our car handles on 30 degree banked turns? What does that do to a car at 155mph?
S.

FYI:
http://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/529631.html

The Ultimate Stocking Stuffer: Talladega Track Ride Vouchers!
Talladega Superspeedway is offering the smoothest gift going for race fans this holiday season. Each account holder purchasing 2007 Aaron's 499 tickets through Dec. 21, 2006 will also receive the ultimate stocking stuffer - - a track ride voucher to take his or her personal vehicle for a spin around the legendary, freshly repaved 2.66-mile tri-oval. This promotion is good for all account holders who have purchased tickets for the event, as well as all new 2007 Aaron's 499 ticket orders placed through Dec. 21. One track ride voucher will be awarded to each account holder, and fans may select from the dates of January 27, February 17 and February 24 to redeem the vouchers. Each voucher is good for a ride in one vehicle and as many passengers as there are seatbelts in that vehicle.

"This is our way of saying Happy Holidays to the best fans in NASCAR while also allowing them to share the cheer with anyone they'd like to bring along for a ride around the circuit's most competitive track," said Talladega Superspeedway Vice President and General Manager Rick Humphrey. "Our new racing surface got rave reviews by the drivers who competed here this past fall, and we are excited to let our fans experience it for themselves."

Old 01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
The week after I bought my G, Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) had their annual "Laps for Charity" event. I don't want to be a buzz kill, but I just want you to be prepared in case Talladega is similar to TMS for these events. TMS limits you to 80mph. That was as fast as their insurance carrier would allow. There was a pace car in front, and one in back keeping a group of ten cars around 80mph for three laps. It was possible to lay back, and you could break 100mph catching up to the car in front of you.

I hope you get open her up. Either way, it was still be a fun experience. Going 80-100mph through the TMS turns was damn fun. You will have crazy pants if you get to go all out at Talladega. For the life of me, I still do not understand how the NASCAR and IRL drivers enter the TMS turns at speed.

Enjoy it, and have your passenger take a camera.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
NO!
Say it ain't so!
Would they do that? OH NO! please! no..

This was hyped up for me - go as fast as you wanna go - but who knows!?! Geeez. Now I'm all worried.

Well, stay tuned for either a 80mph video or a 155mph video