G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Alarm + Remote Start on my G35 coupe 6mt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Broke Beyond Belief
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm + Remote Start on my G35 coupe 6mt

yes, yes, i know, it's illegal to put remote start on a manual car... blah blah blah.... but it's so cool!! haha

anyways, i'm a car audio installer at Circuit City, and i just spent 9 hours today on the floor under my dash hooking up my alarm. I got the DEI Python 990, 2way paging alarm+keyless entry+remote start+trunk pop. Definitely a pain in the A. So everything pretty basic, just find the wires and hook them up....except for the fact that i have to run wires into the door to hook up my lock and unlock wires. and the fact that the brake switch for the remote start is completely backwards in polarity showing up as both positive and negative on my meter, and don't even get my started on the second starter wire issue. Oh yea, and bypassing the clutch? eh... i guess that one wasn't that hard.

so anyways, to sum it all up. When you decide to go get an alarm put on your vehicle, the installer will most likely try to charge you a rediculous price to get it installed. Believe me, they have a reason to. But do shop around, installation prices are very fuzzy so find the best one. Circuit City is always a good place to get it done

Oh yea, about the alarm, this is an awesome alarm:
one mile range, which it does seem to have.
tons of programmable features. (when you get yoru alrm installed, ask to look at the programmble features, they take about 5 seconds, don't let the installers charge you for it)
Remote start is the coolest, practical add on you can do for any car IMO haha

thanks for reading, i know i'm a newb, i just got my G before christmas and i've been stalking the forums for a while i figured i'd post once i did something cool and different to my car.

and i really wanted to vent... and show off a bit after putting so much work into installing this today

Old 01-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
nice how much did it cost ? im thinking of doing the same i want one that will open the sunroof, windows, trunk, ect..........