G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Wrecked My 05 G35c; New pictures of my 06 g35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
No offense to anyone on here, but asians cant drive for ****! HAHA i went to school with so many asians and all of them crashed their cars atleast once a year! WOW

-sean
Wow, the ignorance in this statement knows no bounds.

I am not even asian and I think it is ridiculous!

You fail to consider MANY other plausible reasons. Maybe those people at your school were the only ones to drive sportier cars than most. Not only that, maybe they even had the STONES to drive their performance cars like true performance cars.

The best drivers on the planet junk car after car because that is what happens when you push to the limit.

Its funny, this is a public forum yet I doubt you would make such an idiotic statement if you were being interviewed for the evening news. Think about it.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Wow, the ignorance in this statement knows no bounds.

I am not even asian and I think it is ridiculous!

You fail to consider MANY other plausible reasons. Maybe those people at your school were the only ones to drive sportier cars than most. Not only that, maybe they even had the STONES to drive their performance cars like true performance cars.

The best drivers on the planet junk car after car because that is what happens when you push to the limit.

Its funny, this is a public forum yet I doubt you would make such an idiotic statement if you were being interviewed for the evening news. Think about it.
They wernt all sports cars, actually only 1 of them had a sports cars. I went to an international school and was just about the only american there so dont even start to give me **** as though im trying to talk smack! I cant even begin to tell you the **** i delt with, but in the long run became friends with everyone of the kids in the school. Im just talking from experience (at my school 75% korean) that the asians could not drive they were always in accidents. It wasnt intended to be mean, i guess you took it the wrong way

-sean

Old 01-20-2007, 05:38 PM
They wernt all sports cars, actually only 1 of them had a sports cars.
Sports car.
I went to an international school and was just about the only american there so dont even start to give me **** as though im trying to talk smack!
So clearly you WOULD make that kind of statement on the evening news. Go figure...

Oh, and I don't really care where you went to school. Almost all universities are pretty diverse.

I cant even begin to tell you the **** i delt with, but in the long run became friends with everyone of the kids in the school.
Every one. What kind of crap did you deal with?
Im just talking from experience (at my school 75% korean) that the asians could not drive they were always in accidents.
Run on sentence. Anyways, you are still making a huge sweeping statement. Maybe the kids, in general, at your school were not adept at handling a vehicle. But one's singular experience about a few people does NOT always translate to the aggregate.
It wasnt intended to be mean, i guess you took it the wrong way

-sean
I am sure it wasn't intended to be mean, I simply said it was ignorant! There is a difference!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
haha i love the first thing about online debating is someone always brings up punctuation or grammar...if i was trying to type everything correctly, im sure i would of. Also, i am working right now and trying to talk on the phone...good observation of my run on sentance as im trying to type here and talk on the phone (once again). Nice of you to assume that i went to a international college or whatever you said...it was actually middle school and high school. Im glad that you get pissed off just like everyone else on this forum abou the dumbest ****, considering i bet you havnt met half the internation people i have.

-sean

EDIT: I guess you have no idea what its like to be hated by just about every country out there. I guess your the kind of person who has the belief that everyone likes the united states and what we do. Your wrong on that! You go to any country outside the US and i will bet you anything that eveyone you see will hate you just because your american ( if they know your from the US). Trust me the war in iraq doesnt help us either buddy.

Last edited by Nismo G; 01-20-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
Good luck.. I know how that feels

I lost my fully kitted 05 Coupe now I have a 06.. (see sig)

- Eric
Man I remember that crash...scary.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch. im surprised the rim wasnt bashed in on the side where its all wrecked.

nice replacement though!

Old 01-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow, how did you flip it? Good thing there wasn't a passenger in there. Glad you're ok

Originally Posted by zmoothg
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/jgbajabi/accident/

Same thing happened to me last March. My 2005 G35C flipped, travelled across 5 lanes of traffic upside down, flipped back over and stop, and I only had a minor cut on my head from the sunroof glass breaking. Got a Black 06 6MT G35C now.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take care of this one man...How did the first accident happen, if you dont mind me asking?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Ans to Question 1:
Yes I graduated from CMU with undergrad and graduate, now I am in NorCal working in SV but living in SF.

Ans to Question 2:
The accident happened because of a stupid hit and run Corolla. I had the VCD off. The Corolla tried to pass behing my car from the left lane of me to the right lane of me and hit my rear end causing me to fishtail and loose control. The freaking Corolla sped off while I was praying for my life. I learned a lesson thought. VCD might have helped me stay in control. Now I RARELY turn it off now, whereas before I would kept it off 80% of the time.

Ans to Question 3:
Yeah I dont think a passenger would have survived that accident. The car rolled over to the passenger side and completely pushed the roof into the cockpit. I am just glad no one was hurt and I hope I dont have to experience anything like that again.

On that note. I have a personal hatred for Corollas and now the whole Toyota line is starting to join that hatred. People who drive Corollas suck for some reason.

I dont like stereotype, but whenever I see a driver pissing me off or doing something stupid on the road 80% of the time they are asian or indian. However that may just be because the population of indians and asians in the Bay area is large. So I am not going to generalize, but I understand why the asian comment was made, but we should never generalize. My girl is Korean and she is a fine driver.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 AM
The kind of driver someone is depends on the kind of person you are. For some reason stupid people tend to be stupid drivers. Usually the people that are bad at driving are yes... women. The only reason I say that is because they are the ones that hesitate the most. I cant stand when people hesitate on the road... that is one of the main things that causes accidents. Anyways I dont think all asians are bad drivers... its different from person to person.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah, and black people aren't considered bad drivers because most of them are "chillen" at the bus stop..

anyways, asians aren't that bad, have you ever attended a drifting event? the Japanese wins every damn time... I see a lost of nascar drivers crashing into the wall....

i think red necks are the worse driver. i remember back in HS, when i was driving my integra, some red neck **** yelled out the window "go back to where you came from"... he cuts me off and rear ends a city bus. HAHHAAH.

dumb ****...

Old 01-21-2007, 01:00 AM
haha i love the first thing about online debating is someone always brings up punctuation or grammar...if i was trying to type everything correctly, im sure i would of.
Would "have."

Anyways, I pretty much don't care about minor mistakes here and there. Yet it does annoy when it runs wild, lol.
Also, i am working right now and trying to talk on the phone...good observation of my run on sentance as im trying to type here and talk on the phone (once again).
Thats cool.
Nice of you to assume that i went to a international college or whatever you said...it was actually middle school and high school.
You are right, I never should have assumed you went to college! J/K
Im glad that you get pissed off just like everyone else on this forum abou the dumbest ****, considering i bet you havnt met half the internation people i have.

-sean
Actually, I don't think the way you throw around generalizations about Asians is "dumb ****" at all.

As for 'internation' people, I have met many considering that I go to Europe at least once, if not twice, per year. I also live in New Orleans, which happens to be an extremely diverse city. It is about as eclectic as it gets!
EDIT: I guess you have no idea what its like to be hated by just about every country out there.
I most certainly do. I talk about that very issue with people on practically a daily basis.

I guess your the kind of person who has the belief that everyone likes the united states and what we do. Your wrong on that!
LOL, not sure how in the world you came to that conclusion. You could not be more off base!

You go to any country outside the US and i will bet you anything that eveyone you see will hate you just because your american ( if they know your from the US). Trust me the war in iraq doesnt help us either buddy.
Thanks, buddy. I personally don't know a single person (aside from some children) who actually thinks we are well liked by most nations. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply a dolt.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by zmoothg

The accident happened because of a stupid hit and run Corolla. I had the VCD off. The Corolla tried to pass behing my car from the left lane of me to the right lane of me and hit my rear end causing me to fishtail and loose control. The freaking Corolla sped off while I was praying for my life. I learned a lesson thought. VCD might have helped me stay in control. Now I RARELY turn it off now, whereas before I would kept it off 80% of the time.
Actually, you can probably take comfort knowing that at highway speeds and having your rear come out due to an impact there would be next to NOTHING that the traction control could do. VDC simply can't defy the laws of physics. Essentially there was nothing that really would have changed the outcome of that situation via electronics.

I actually turn off traction control 99% of the time because I would much rather have my human input be dominant in any evasive or out of the norm maneuvers.

Have you had the chance to go to any driving schools or get any instruction? Not only is it fun, but it can save your life!

Best of luck with that beautiful new car

Originally Posted by avengence

The kind of driver someone is depends on the kind of person you are. For some reason stupid people tend to be stupid drivers. Usually the people that are bad at driving are yes... women.
Wow, another genius on this thread! According to your logic that means that women tend to be stupid. LOL!

Here is some food for thought:
""The weight in pricing varies from company to company and by claims experience over time, but, for example, with all other factors being equal, a female between the ages of 18 and 25 would pay less than her male counterpart because as a rule younger women drivers have fewer accidents and moving violations than males in the same age group,” says Snyder, vice president and assistant general counsel of the American Insurance Association, in Washington, D.C."

Interesting eh?

The only reason I say that is because they are the ones that hesitate the most. I cant stand when people hesitate on the road... that is one of the main things that causes accidents.
Stats are pretty easy to find online. Some are quite interesting!
Anyways I dont think all asians are bad drivers... its different from person to person.
Bravo! An intelligent post! A shame it is contradictory to what you said previously, but I am glad you said it!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 AM
G SQUAD
Sucks but hopefully you'll be more careful for future driving. Good luck on the new car and you were extremely lucky being able to walk away from something like that..Safe driving..

-Vin

Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
bad drivers comes in all shapes, sizes, genders, races, ages, etc. I am an asian and I have not had any tickets or accidents and am very careful and courteous when I am on the road. I like to be respected and enjoy to respect others other road. Making a generalization such as "all asians" are not only ignorant but also makes you look very unintelligent. If I had to pass a judgement, I'd say older asian immigrants are less courteous on the road than a typical american that grew up here. I am a typica asian american that grew up here so I'd have to say I am a lot of courteous on the road. Nismo_G if you ever driven in any of the asian countries you'd realize it is so much safer and easier to drive here but don't make a hasty generalization. If you went to college you'd know that is a fallacy!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wrecked My 05 G35c; New pictures of my 06 g35C