G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Really Bad Speeding Ticket (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/135834-really-bad-speeding-ticket.html)

S-Tuned 01-22-2007 07:49 AM

wow.. lol! i would have had to laugh also, thats ridiculous.

logik05se 01-22-2007 07:51 AM

damn im still fighting a 100mph speeding ticket i caught in my maxima and i thought that was bad....goodluck brother.

6MTzer 01-22-2007 07:56 AM

How was the wind noise level at that speed? :)

GreenGoblin 01-22-2007 08:26 AM

wow nice ticket wonder how much this one is gonna cost you

S-Tuned 01-22-2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
wow nice ticket wonder how much this one is gonna cost you

including lawyer fees, driving suspension... its has to be around 2k

BW350GTskyline 01-22-2007 09:31 AM

here a story makes u wana cringe.. see our cars are so heavy that doin 60 feels like 40.. so i punched it to 80 in a 45.. copo got me but i was very honest... and not to mention that im a waiter at a local diner and it so happened to be the cop i served as well.. so he let me go.. but it cought up to me the next week wen i was doing 75 in a 45...

JOKER 01-22-2007 09:38 AM

I got one on Saturday. $326 for going 100+ in 60pmh zone

It was a little after 6am on Saturday and I was going to my office. I got it up to 100-110 and kept it there for a while. Highway was pretty empty, a few cars here and there. Then I noticed a car following me and gaining on me. Lights were not HID so I figured it's not a RACER. I started slowing down and changed a lane, that is when he turned on the Christmas decorations. I do have a V1, but his radar was not on. He caught me just by following me. Cop asked me if I had any reason for going over 100. And I knew that he did not have me on the radar so I said that I was not going that fast. So he started freaking out and told me to step out of my car. Hands on the car and all that crap. And then he asked me if I want to be a jerk and go to jail, or if I want to tell him how fast I was going. So I said that honestly I don't remember and that I was not paying attention. So I got my self a $326 ticket and cop got him self no evidence that I was going that fast. Should be pretty easy to dismiss it.

Hi-TechG35 01-22-2007 09:49 AM

Lol...+1

Originally Posted by chilibowl
What were you honestly thinking going that fast, without a radar detector? lol sounds like you had a fun on the straightaway...but youre in for it homie....hahah good luck bro.

Blk06MTG35 01-22-2007 12:21 PM

You act like you want me to go to jail. For thoese of you who are wondering "what I was thinking"..........top speed baby. Sure we can read till we are blue in the face the car will do 155, but it's the experience that makes it a great story. I plan to post a copy of the ticket in the next couple of days. HAHA yes I make a copy of it.

cturnbull802 01-22-2007 12:27 PM

if you would have kept going he wouldnt have caught you :)

Callaway 01-22-2007 12:32 PM

I don't blame you at all bro. It is so easy to take this car up to that speed. I struggle keeping the car at 80 on the highway. Good luck with the ticket. Hopefully your lawyer can do something for ya.

TwiBlue 01-22-2007 12:50 PM

I wouldnt have stopped... I was going a buck 30 the other day on meadow brook parkway in Long Island New York, and a cop was on the side clocking people and i saw him put his lights on and I just kept going.. it would take him atleast 3 minutes to catch up to me if he was going 150 (haha this what u get when you major in Physics).. So i just kept going took the next exit and went shopping in walmart :)

jersey-G 01-22-2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JOKER
I got one on Saturday. $326 for going 100+ in 60pmh zone

So I said that honestly I don't remember and that I was not paying attention. So I got my self a $326 ticket and cop got him self no evidence that I was going that fast. Should be pretty easy to dismiss it.

Actually, pacing is a legitimate form of speed deection that most likely will hold up in court. No offense, but with your arrogance you really deserve the ticket, and probably desereved to be arrested.

jersey-G 01-22-2007 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by TwiBlue
I wouldnt have stopped... I was going a buck 30 the other day on meadow brook parkway in Long Island New York, and a cop was on the side clocking people and i saw him put his lights on and I just kept going.. it would take him atleast 3 minutes to catch up to me if he was going 150 (haha this what u get when you major in Physics).. So i just kept going took the next exit and went shopping in walmart :)

Well, physics major, what is the speed of a radio signal?

This is what "a buck 30" or " a buck 55" will get you....

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/alton.asp

Kuneff 01-22-2007 01:14 PM

I have got busted on my bikes 2 times that were good ones. One was on my 2000 Ducati 748S. 97 in a 40. I didnt even see the cop till i was passing him. I was on a main road into town. there was nowhere to run to and how where to hide. I knew i couldnt run. I held into it for a second debating, but I stopped. I didnt even have my helmet on the ground and another cop pulled in. I would have been done if i ran. The cop said he never thought I was going to stop since i never let up till after i passed him. He cut me a break for not making his day any harder. got a minimal speeding ticket, and didnt end up in jail.

The second was a good one. I was on my GSXR 750. out in the middle of nowhere. This road is insane for my area. the turns are very gradual and sweeping, like 130+ mph turns. it runs accross the top of the mountains. Next to no traffic at all. so, needless to say i was having the time of my life. i came out of one turn, looked down, was about 130, and hammering it with all the bike had. grabbed another gear, and was tacking it out whne i thought, "damn, that looks like a cop car." I instantly thought... faster faster, no way i can stop. then reality hit.. i knew i was low on gas, knew i didnt want to die, and knew there was nowhere to go. i was 20 miles from civilazation in either direction. about then, the lights came on. i rasied up and let out of it. didnt see much point to jam the brakes. i rolled past the state trooper at over 100mph, coasted around hte next turn trying to figure out how i was going to get bailed out. I stopped on the shoulder, had to actually wait an minute or 2 for him to get to me. the first words out of his mouth. "We all know these bikes are fast, you dont have to prove anything. I'm going to cut you a break since you stopped" He wrote me a WARNNG. the guy was cool as hell. I road race bikes so we got talking about that. I never asked and he never said if he even clocked me or what speed i was going.

Some days you just get lucky.