G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Really Bad Speeding Ticket (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/135834-really-bad-speeding-ticket.html)

Blk06MTG35 01-21-2007 11:18 PM

Really Bad Speeding Ticket

Ok ok.....I know what your thinking, and no I was no street racing, nonetheless a good/ bad story. Two weeks ago I had gone to Mexico and while there, I really started to miss my car, being that I just got it 5 weeks ago. When I got home the first thing I wanted to do was to get in my car, and drive, and that's where the story begins. I got home about midnight (St. Louis Missouri) where my car had been parked at my girlfriends house. Begging for a good night sleep I decided to drive back to my house and sleep in my own bed. The highway between point A and point B is VERY straight and VERY flat. As rounded a bend I looked ahead of me and transformed myself into Mario Andretti barreling down the last apex towards the straight a way. I don't know what came over me but I decided to push the G all the way up to 155mph. I slammed into 3rd, only for a second as I watched it hit redline. Then 4th. Then 5th, I looked down at the speedo and considered for a split second to slow down, nah keep going. 130mph, I give the clutch no mercy as I dump it into 6th. I hit 147 and like a junkie I want more, but I’m coming up on my exit in about a half-mile and need to slow down, and slow down fast. As I down shift and brake at the same time I notice in my review mirror a car coming onto the highway. I continue to concentrate on slowing the car down without over heating the brakes as I come onto the exit ramp. Just as I come to a stop, I look in my mirror and my worst nightmare had just come true. St. Louis County finest had flipped on their lights and I pulled over. At this point I trying not to laugh knowing I'm going to jail. The police officer comes up to the window and says, "Do you want to tell me how fast you were going, or should I tell you"? Since this was not my first ticket, I knew never admit to anything. "You better tell me", I said. 134! step out of the car. To wrap this up I did go to jail, and on my way the officer was telling me he had been an officer for 10 years and has never actually caught someone going that fast. I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing. I have already contacted my lawyer and am waiting on my court date. I’ll keep you guys up to date on the outcome. Any suggestion, anyone?

akachi 01-21-2007 11:21 PM

yeah.. slow down next time

nchima 01-21-2007 11:25 PM

sucks, did 147 couple of times out of pure joyness.

Other than that, not worth it in the end.

You shoulda been like in my 5 years of excess speeding,
this is the only time I got caught, what a coincedince.

savefatkids 01-21-2007 11:28 PM

ooo that sucks...time to invest in a radar detector

bigkrnxboi 01-21-2007 11:31 PM

its k i got f*cked over many times. Im awaiting my court date for a reckless driving ticket. They towed my car and kept it for 30 days. im not a cop hater or anything, i see that they have a pivotal role in society. Sometimes i feel like they shouldnt be in places at certain times, and possibly burn in hell for the rest of eternity. Tell us what goes down.

-James

doomsday123 01-21-2007 11:47 PM

Im not going to be one of those flamers because everyone knows the risks and its been repeated over and over and over on these forums.

Thats gotta be a crazy fine. Keeps up up to date and KEEP IT SAFE :)

txgcoupe 01-21-2007 11:49 PM

He'll get what he justly deserves.:rolleyes:

John

gary c 01-21-2007 11:49 PM

Well yea,...........................

Your going to need a very good lawyer and regardless you may not be driving
on either side of the border for a while. Lawyers can only do so much to help
you out of this kinda jam. Do you ask yourself "what was I thinking?" If the
judge is a prick you might spend some jail time. Sorry,........LOL

Drtybrd61 01-21-2007 11:58 PM

funny this should come up, i have a court date tomorrow at 1:30p. got caught doing 125, although the ticket only says 95 and i was never tagged by the radar. we'll see what happens, but i feel ya. sucks azz....

avs007 01-22-2007 12:21 AM

Interesting, I had the opposite happen to me today....

I was getting irritated at the group of cars going 10 under the limit clogging traffic, so I made my way around it, and punched it... As I started relaxing, I passed a cop parked on a side-street doing 65 in a 40. (Don't worry, this is a long straight street, with no buildings of any kind on either side, and all the side streets are empty cul-de-sacs, because the whole area is a new development).

Anways, I saw him flip on the lights, and I saw him madly weave around cars trying to catch up, so I decided to just pull over and wait for him to come give me a ticket.....

Cop walks up to me, and says, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Seeing as how I've tried to follow everyone elses advice in the past, although it has NEVER worked for me, I decided to try a new approach... So I said, "Yes, I was doing about 60 back there"

Cop asked, "You know what the speed limit is?"

I said, "Something like 45".

Cop asked: "Do you want a ticket today, or should I just give you a warning?"

I said, "Of course nobody ever wants to get a ticket, but it's up to you, I'm in no position to tell you what to do. It was my fault for speeding back there"

Cop said, "Well it was actually a 40 mph zone, and you were going a little faster than 60. However, in my 15 years of patrolling, I've never encountered anybody who didn't say they wanted a warning.... Seeing as how I can understand how it's so easy to speed on this particular street, I'm just going to give you a warning. However, be very careful in the future, because the city police department actually started a task force and is paying overtime for cops to enforce speed on this particular stretch of road"

I said, "Wow, thanks for the heads up.... I'll try not to be so impatient in the future..."

Some cops are pretty cool :cool:

65 in a 40 is not as bad as triple digits, but I've gotten nailed for 74 in a 50 before, and I tried to play dumb that time, and got slapped with a $495 ticket. No way out of that ticket, as the cop was nice enough to write on the ticket, when the laser was calibrated, the distance he tagged me at, what his visual estimate of my speed was, etc.

imalazeeass 01-22-2007 12:22 AM

what happens to your car at a time like this? do they just tow it to the nearst tow station?

calejohnson 01-22-2007 12:54 AM

Geeze, it's one thing to speed when you know if you get caught, you won't be totally screwed. But driving like that, blindly driving like that, is just plain stupid. Not that I haven't been that stupid before. ;)

Reminds me of the advice I received about riding motorcycles fast around blind curves. If you take a fast curve without considering the possibility that there might be a rock slide, gravel, or an abandoned vehicle in your path you might pay with your life. Driving fearless is not a good long term strategy.

Hope you get your license back soon.

wilksoner 01-22-2007 01:12 AM

time for radar detector and a radar jammer it wouldve been cheaper

chilibowl 01-22-2007 07:28 AM

What were you honestly thinking going that fast, without a radar detector? lol sounds like you had a fun on the straightaway...but youre in for it homie....hahah good luck bro.

Nismo G 01-22-2007 07:45 AM

HAHA holly sh!t, look on the bright side...you didnt get pulled over at 155! :D

Good luck!

-sean