G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this a good deal for a 2004 G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
I live in the Boston, MA area. This car is being sold in Natick, MA at a Jeep Dealership.
Hey man... I'm from Boston area too. I think I'd probably pass on that car that you're looking at for that price unless it was from an Infiniti Dealer themselves or had NAV.

I assume this is the car you're looking at:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=30

If they're advertising it at that price, you might be able to work them down lower too should you decide to buy it.

I think if you look around, you'll probably find that you could buy a car with NAV for a similar price. Keep in mind too that a new model G Coupe is going to be out shortly, so if you plan on keeping your new G for only a few years and then selling it, you'll probably take a hit on value once the new one is out.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to go private, but the only thing would be that I'd have to sell my car on my own and I don't have the time to show it off and stuff. I guess this whole adventure was wishful thinking. I'll probably have to wait it out some more until I find the right deal from a dealership who will also give me a great trade in for my car (which this Jeep dealership was going to give me)

Dude, go private, you'll save much more money in the long run, and it is worth the effort to sell your car privately as well.

Dealerships HAVE to maintain operating costs and overhead, so you'll never get a "great" deal unless you're related to the general sales manager or something.

Also, they'll try to lock you into auto loans that they only have access to, which are typically higher interest rates. Get a approved through an outside auto loan lender, then go to the dealership and negotiate. Here's a good link to find an auto loan:

https://www.financebox.com/autoloan/start.php

Last edited by TouvanS; 01-28-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
My friend wants to buy a TSX and then you can buy my 04 Laser Red Coupe with only 13,900 miles for $26,500!!! Where are you located?

Old 01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
I just stopped by the dealership and they are offering this coupe for $25,998?

Price $25,998
Body Style Coupe
Mileage 35,281
Exterior Color Black Obsidian
Interior Color Graphite
Engine 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission 6 Speed Manual
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door

Seller's Comments
This one owner trade in is a must see. Premium package includes Bose stereo and sunroof. 6 spd leather package. Call Alex Archer, Internet Manager, before visiting as we have two locations. Brigham Gill and Countryside Auto offer a full line of fine preowned cars, trucks and sport utilities. All fully serviced and factory certified where available. -- This vehicle has an 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V FI Engine and it also includes: 18 Inch Wheels, 4-Wheel ABS, Air Conditioning, Alloy and Leather Shift **** Trim, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM/CD Changer Audio System, Anti-Theft Alarm System, Audio Steering Wheel Controls, Automatic Climate Control, Automatic Climate Control (2 Zone) - Driver and Passenger, Bose Audio, Bucket Seats, Center Console, Clock, Cruise Control, Driver and Passenger Front Airbags, Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror, Fog Lights, Front and Rear Head Airbags, Front Side Airbags, Heated Front Seats, Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Leather Seats, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Lighted Entry System, Limited Slip Differential (Rear), Overhead Console, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Driver Seat, Power Front Passenger Seat, Power Heated Mirrors, Power Moonroof, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Bench Seat, Rear Split Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Remote Trunk Release, Stability Control, Tachometer, Tilt Steering Wheel, Traction Control, Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights

They are going to take in my trade (2005 Acura TSX w/ Navigation and 29,000 miles) for $22,500.

I am currently paying $375 per month for my TSX and I have about 3 more years to pay it off. In this deal, the monthly would be $370 a month and 5 years, so its basically adding 2 more years.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

About how much do you owe on your TSX..if u dont mind?

Old 01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
i dont think its that good of a deal

when i was looking for a g i saw a 04 6MT fully loaded for $27k with 12000 miles. i got my 05 6MT for $27k with 13000 miles.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Black0nBlack
About how much do you owe on your TSX..if u dont mind?
I have probably less than $15,000 left.

I can't believe how many responses I have gotten since yesterday. I really appreciate everyone's input and wish I could of joined the family here. Some day maybe...hopefully the 2008 redesign won't be that dramatic that it will make the current design very outdated. I will probably look into a 2005 now.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Just think it thru..but in my opinion you'd be better off trying to sell it on your own even if it does take you a little longer.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:45 AM
You also must realize that by trading it in you save on sale tax yo will only pay take on the difference between the two prices so right there you save a bunch of money so if you go private party and pay 25 for a car then your paying 1750 in tax at 7% (thats jerseys rate) but if you buy the same car at the dealer for 25 than you only pay 175 in sales tax so also think about that

Old 01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll sale you mine

I have an 05 g35 6mt Black on Black, navi, full aero kit, has 16k miles. Selling for 30K email me peter.t.nguyen@sprint.com

I just stopped by the dealership and they are offering this coupe for $25,998?

Price $25,998
Body Style Coupe
Mileage 35,281
Exterior Color Black Obsidian
Interior Color Graphite
Engine 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission 6 Speed Manual
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door

Seller's Comments
This one owner trade in is a must see. Premium package includes Bose stereo and sunroof. 6 spd leather package. Call Alex Archer, Internet Manager, before visiting as we have two locations. Brigham Gill and Countryside Auto offer a full line of fine preowned cars, trucks and sport utilities. All fully serviced and factory certified where available. -- This vehicle has an 3.5L V6 DOHC 24V FI Engine and it also includes: 18 Inch Wheels, 4-Wheel ABS, Air Conditioning, Alloy and Leather Shift **** Trim, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM/CD Changer Audio System, Anti-Theft Alarm System, Audio Steering Wheel Controls, Automatic Climate Control, Automatic Climate Control (2 Zone) - Driver and Passenger, Bose Audio, Bucket Seats, Center Console, Clock, Cruise Control, Driver and Passenger Front Airbags, Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror, Fog Lights, Front and Rear Head Airbags, Front Side Airbags, Heated Front Seats, Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Leather Seats, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Lighted Entry System, Limited Slip Differential (Rear), Overhead Console, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Driver Seat, Power Front Passenger Seat, Power Heated Mirrors, Power Moonroof, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Bench Seat, Rear Split Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Remote Trunk Release, Stability Control, Tachometer, Tilt Steering Wheel, Traction Control, Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights

They are going to take in my trade (2005 Acura TSX w/ Navigation and 29,000 miles) for $22,500.

I am currently paying $375 per month for my TSX and I have about 3 more years to pay it off. In this deal, the monthly would be $370 a month and 5 years, so its basically adding 2 more years.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
You also must realize that by trading it in you save on sale tax yo will only pay take on the difference between the two prices so right there you save a bunch of money so if you go private party and pay 25 for a car then your paying 1750 in tax at 7% (thats jerseys rate) but if you buy the same car at the dealer for 25 than you only pay 175 in sales tax so also think about that
That is very, very true...

I am definitely going to try to find one at a dealership for $25K (2004+ MT and Nav)

Old 02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
So who knew my search was not completely dead. I'll probably go take a look at a G this weekend. Here are the specs:

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Black Exterior/Tan Interior
6 Speed
30,959 miles
Navigation System
19" ASA rims
Lowered (Not sure if its just springs or the complete system)
Tinted

All for $25,900...but I'm going to offer them...

$23,000 for my car, $24,000 OTD for the G and I would give them a $1000 down payment. This would basically make it so that I don't extend my loan 2 more years like the other G and this one comes with a Navigation system. The only bad thing that I can see right now is that its a tan interior, but I do like the fact that its already lowered, has some aftermarket wheels, tinted and I think there's a short ram intake too.

Do you think this is possible?

Old 02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would say definitely try to negotiate some more, but warranty and condition of the car will have to play a major role. If the car is immaculate you should consider getting it and not worrying about a 1000 bucks here or there, especially since you'll be saving a little on tax when trading yours in at the dealer. On the other hand 2004 with those miles does not have much warranty left, maybe 2005 or newer would be a safer bet. I took a beating on my trade-in in 2005 when I bought my '04 at the dealer, but the car has everything I wanted from options to interior and exterior colors so I'm happy. Navigation is great, but 2004 have old versions and it was useless a few times for me, when going to new construction areas. If you find one, then great, but if you don't , there are cheaper and better navigation systems out there. G/L.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I paid 26,700 for my '04 6mt coupe with 9400 miles. Has brembos, 18" rims, bose system, sunroof, spoiler..... Pretty much everything except navi. good luck

Old 02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
bought an 04 37k miles 5AT in october 2006 with 18", premium package, no navi, no aero package. paid 22,5K+tax=24,5k

Old 02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
From these current postings, I think I can get them to sell the car to me for $24K OTD. I think I'm going to play the part of that person who hates the fact that the car is modified already and not stock. I'll keep saying that I wish it wasn't stock and use that to my advantage when negotiating.

I want to join the G family damn it! hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal for a 2004 G35 Coupe?