G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rear lower bumper SMASH! Help replace please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear lower bumper SMASH! Help replace please!

My uncle parked his G35 coupe in the parking lot of a mall. He went shopping only to return to a huge gash on the lower part of the rear bumper on the passenger's side. I took him to a shop today to get an estimate of the damage. They said that they would replace the bumper completely with a new one. Parts and labor will be a total of $900.

I am a BMW owner so I cannot tell if that is a fair estimate or not. The guy at the shop said that a new rear bumper will be $245. Then he's got to buy the right paint - $180. He says the labor will be about 6.7 hours $480. (They are gonna have to remove the rear side window because that side panel got slightly scratched and so they are going to touch that up too.

I have 2 questions for you guys:

1. Is that a fair price?
2. In the BMW world, there are dealerships who do what is called INTERNET PRICING on OEM parts. This INTERNET PRICING is considerably lower than if you ordered right from the dealer. For instance I need 1 new M3 fog light. If I go to or call any dealership, each fog light fixture is $120. If I call the dealership who does INTERNET PRICING, I get them for $75 each! Does this sort of thing exist at all in the Infinity world? If not, are there other sources (legal) where OEM parts can be gotten cheep?

Thanks in advance guys/gals!

Old 11-28-2003, 06:10 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Rear lower bumper SMASH! Help replace please!

Too bad about your Uncle's G. Lots of nasties happen in parking lots.
The estimate you quoted sounds fair for the repairs you described.
I know of no Internet pricing scheme for Infiniti parts. I would suggest a call to Grubbs Infiniti in Texas (toll free) to get a good idea of part's costs, but then there's a lot of labour to add on.
Good luck
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-28-2003, 06:33 PM

It doesn't hurt to try the price match thing with infiniti. It's not just BMW, but I've ran into a lot of other shops that will do that. One Honda dealership lowered their price on a tail light assembly to match another dealerships lower price. Even bike dealerships will do this.

I don't see why infiniti won't price match. That's pretty shady if your Infinit parts place won't price match. Let us know how the outcome is.

thanks

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 11-28-2003, 07:30 PM

Guys,

Your input was much appreciated! Thanks again! I will definitly look up the number of Grubbs Infiniti in Tx and give them a call!

This question is directed to OvaYahead: Please tell me of what "price match thing" you're talking about. Is there some price match guarantee program in Infinity Parts?

Just to clarify, the BMW INTERNET PRICING I am talkig about is a pricing scheme exclusively for internet commerce. There is no price matching or anything like that. You simply call the specified dealers who do INETRNET PRICING (there's just 3 in the USA) and tell them the part you want and they give you the INTERNET PRICE on that item, which is considerably lower than the price that you would get from the Parts Department of a regular BMW dealership. In just about all cases, even with shipping, the INTERNET PRICING winds up being considerably less then the regular Parts Department. In any event, I was just wondering if Infinity had a special pricing setup like that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx again!