G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just curious: any rear active stear problems out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got an 06 loaeded exceot ras cause they cold my car abotu an hour b4 i got there so i got a loaded siver without it and to be honest im glad i have the silver now without ras i hear theres a lot of problems withthem at high speed that its very easy to lose control i did drive it and the response is amazing but i didnt get a chance to get on it with it but if everything i heard is true no thanx

Old 02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by biada

6mt car cost more then a 5at car... why?
Ya man, you're wrong on that one. Compare a 6MT loaded and a 5AT loaded. The auto-tranny costs more. Manuals don't have a computer controling the shifter...you think they added a computer to control the transmission but would charge less? Just compare the prices on comparably equipped MT's vs AT's...you'll see.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by wilksoner
i got an 06 loaeded exceot ras cause they cold my car abotu an hour b4 i got there so i got a loaded siver without it and to be honest im glad i have the silver now without ras i hear theres a lot of problems withthem at high speed that its very easy to lose control i did drive it and the response is amazing but i didnt get a chance to get on it with it but if everything i heard is true no thanx
Ok, just take a deep breath...ok, good...now exhale. Ok, now proceed. Phew! Punctuation is your friend!!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
No RAS problems here.
Your steering ratio is tighter with RAS compared to non-RAS G's.
Uhhh...you can still slide in turns, but with more control and take turns faster. It's designed to keep up in control, not lose control as stated earlier.
That previous statement sounds like operator error to me.
Mine came loaded from Dealer with RAS and happy I have it.
A little more weight, but much better handling. $700 well spent imho.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i want it how much does the car weigh with it and with out it

Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^ Read the added weight on it somewhere, can't remember weight nor where I saw those specs. I'll try to find and post when I do. What I do remember is, it not that much.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:35 PM
um, at higher speeds we lose control? *Thinks what RAS was designed/engineered for...* Ah i forget nevermind ;D

It doesnt change driving at all except makes your handling a lot tighter (which is not a bad thing) and lets you maneuver a LOT safer at higher speeds (above 40). Now even though you may say well above 40, not at 100mph. I'm not sure if doing any types of maneuvers at 100mph+ is safe... no matter with RAS or not. I much rather be on a straight then a windy highway at 100mph ;D <-- i think that's what that guy was talkin about, at those speeds...

Remember guys, yer in a luxury sports car, that doesnt mean you can be a stunt driver with it!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Ya man, you're wrong on that one. Compare a 6MT loaded and a 5AT loaded. The auto-tranny costs more. Manuals don't have a computer controling the shifter...you think they added a computer to control the transmission but would charge less? Just compare the prices on comparably equipped MT's vs AT's...you'll see.

thats odd. on the infiniti website, Mts are more expensive than autos (starting prices)

Old 02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
No problems here.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
thats odd. on the infiniti website, Mts are more expensive than autos (starting prices)
Its because the starting package on the 6mt comes with the sport tuned suspension package that is an option on the 5AT.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned
put it this way.. people w/o RAS usually have an automatic and tend to rice out their Cars... just search for anyone with an automatic.. since they don't have a "real" sport car. they tend to try to composate for the lack for "sportiness" of their coupe by adding body kits, stickers, neon lights, 22" rims, a bunch of overlays, blue tinted windows, and other crap like that..

Old 02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
put it this way.. people w/o RAS usually have an automatic and tend to rice out their Cars... just search for anyone with an automatic.. since they don't have a "real" sport car. they tend to try to composate for the lack for "sportiness" of their coupe by adding body kits, stickers, neon lights, 22" rims, a bunch of overlays, blue tinted windows, and other crap like that..
ACTUALLY I HAVEA 2005 6MT, AND IT WASNT AVAIL TO 2006, SO ANYONE WHO GOT A 6MT, BEFORE 2006 DOES NOT HAVE IT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IM NOT INTO IT, BUT I CAN SEE HOW IT MIGHT BE COOL. IM NOT SURE I WNAT MY BACK WHEELS MOVING.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
dude ****you

Old 02-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
well if that isn't one of the broadest generalizations I've ever seen on driver...
way to be a f@g

Old 02-11-2007, 10:03 PM
thats not smart

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just curious: any rear active stear problems out there?