G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Cam in-Cam Out problem!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/140023-cam-cam-out-problem.html)

Sac2904 02-14-2007 03:51 PM

Cam in-Cam Out problem!!!

my 04 coupe is fully stock with a tires & wheels package (245-45-18 rear and 225-45-18 fronts). Some people think my car is lower than their stock but I know for sure that I didn't do any lower adjustment; got it brand new!! Anyhow, I have a problem with the cam in..front tires tend to wear faster from the inner side:eek: , anyone have any good solution for it?? I heard over and over about there is a kit for this kind of problem. At the same time, some guys told me that is the way of these sport car and I have to live with it!!! Just recently done the tire alightment but can't rotate the tires.
Any feed back, thanks guys!!!!
pd

jinubob81 02-14-2007 03:59 PM

my 05 has the same problem. infiniti won't fix it. and not enough people care, or have the problem. so, I think we're pretty much screwed.

Sac2904 02-14-2007 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jinubob81
my 05 has the same problem. infiniti won't fix it. and not enough people care, or have the problem. so, I think we're pretty much screwed.

Even they do fix it, it would cost us an arm and two legs for it. I am sure there is an aftermarket for this problem. Hopefully, someone in this forum would have some bright ideas or been there and done that to themselves!:)
pd

ttrank 02-14-2007 05:17 PM

Have you had your car aligned? If your toe is off it can cause the wear as well.

The car is a sports car and will have some negative camber from the factory. The oem suspension has a little bit of camber adjustment but not much. Maybe an alignment shop can adjust it as much as possible to help you out.

Otherwise, if it’s still that big of a deal to you buy the SPC front and rear camber/toe kits for ~$500 and have complete adjustability or just have your tires rotated more often.

Sac2904 02-14-2007 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ttrank
Have you had your car aligned? If your toe is off it can cause the wear as well.

The car is a sports car and will have some negative camber from the factory. The oem suspension has a little bit of camber adjustment but not much. Maybe an alignment shop can adjust it as much as possible to help you out.

Otherwise, if it’s still that big of a deal to you buy the SPC front and rear camber/toe kits for ~$500 and have complete adjustability or just have your tires rotated more often.

I did my alightment just recently, everything was fine according to that certified mechanic!! Seem like I would take a closer look of this kit you were talking about since I can't rotate my tires...thanks for the tip!!!