G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

NYC Snowstorm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:31 PM
|
NYC Snowstorm

Let me say this much - first real winter with the G in NYC. Anyone in the Northeast knows the winter weather has been brutal this week!

I woke up this morning to pure snow and slush on the roads - it was a complete mess - this was also my first opportunity to try out my new winter tires - Dunlop Wintersport M2's. I picked them up cheap - set of 4 for 225 on ebay with about 80% tread left. I was skeptical because I tried driving in the snow with my all season goodyears (stock) and barely had any traction.

All I can say is WOW - the grip was impressive, VDC only kicked in a few times in some really heavy slush but I was able to drive thru basically everything without having to feather the throttle too much.

I bought this car last Winter which was mild, but tried driving it in light snow with the brand new eagle rs-a's and I was slipping all over the damn place...what a difference!

I know most people here have Blizzaksor M3's...any other dunlop wintersport M2's drivers here?

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:33 PM
my g is still on it's summer/performance tires..
but i don't take it out when there's snow on the ground.. i take my beater car

by next winter, i'll have winter tires =)

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:47 PM
imagine living up at the snow belt (12 + feet and counting)

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:15 PM
I didnt even try to drive my car on the RS-A's, its like asking for an accident. But the winters catching up from the warm nov/dec so im not complaining

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:23 PM
Pics please for us in texas

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:28 PM
my car, is only a summer car, this would explain my 6000 miles in two and a half years.

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:14 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
imagine living up at the snow belt (12 + feet and counting)

You wouldn't be able to find the G.

-Vin

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:30 PM
had to install my snow tires because i was stuck on my own driveway today.

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:32 PM
here's a pic that was taking in Queens. BTW, that old antique black car that's parked has been there for about 7yrs.. hasn't moved ever since i moved into this house. the owner of the car is my neighbor, who is very friendly to me nd my family.. he doesn't work bcuz he was in a car accident yrs and yrs ago and the person who hit him pay him monthly cuz he is no longer able to work.. he's a friggin liar, everyday i see him chopping trees down, riding his chopper, and sits there looking pretty for money to come.. this summer, he finally moved that stupid black car, but replaced it with a huge UGLY van.. everytime he uses the van, he gets his daughter or wife's car to hold that spot for him until he gets back.. that's f'd up bcuz that parkign spot doesn't have his name on it nd yet he's been the only person that parks there. now he put the black old car back nd it's been there for months!! what should i do to get rid of that ugly *** car? can someone plz steal it?!

btw, here's the pic from today's snowstorm

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:43 PM
I hear ya... Although I only live in NYC Mon-Thur (business) this is the first real winter snow NYC has had. The city was nasty this morning and still is. Mostly slush now, but it sucks to walk in. I'd rather there be a few feet of snow. The slush just SUCKS.

Old 02-14-2007 | 09:56 PM
lol i miss brooklyn..the city got like nothing..i go to school up at cortland..its central NY basically, and this is wat it looks like outside right now at 10:00..way after the storm finished

i believe we wound up getting around 18 inches?..classes were cancelled today at least!..
and thank god for my blizzak lm-22's..i wound up driving to ithaca from my school during the heart of the storm without too much trouble

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by mx22o
here's a pic that was taking in Queens. BTW, that old antique black car that's parked has been there for about 7yrs.. hasn't moved ever since i moved into this house. the owner of the car is my neighbor, who is very friendly to me nd my family.. he doesn't work bcuz he was in a car accident yrs and yrs ago and the person who hit him pay him monthly cuz he is no longer able to work.. he's a friggin liar, everyday i see him chopping trees down, riding his chopper, and sits there looking pretty for money to come.. this summer, he finally moved that stupid black car, but replaced it with a huge UGLY van.. everytime he uses the van, he gets his daughter or wife's car to hold that spot for him until he gets back.. that's f'd up bcuz that parkign spot doesn't have his name on it nd yet he's been the only person that parks there. now he put the black old car back nd it's been there for months!! what should i do to get rid of that ugly *** car? can someone plz steal it?!

btw, here's the pic from today's snowstorm

haha put a sticky note on it "move it or else" lol

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:12 PM
i drive a e class as my daily beater, i saw some g35 having a hrad time cutitng through the snow.

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:34 PM
I have M3s on my G. We has some snow, sleet & freezing rain past couple of days. They weren't bad, but it's definately not like driving a front wheel drive car. Going up hills took some caution.

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:12 PM
G
Originally Posted by cruiseluva62886
lol i miss brooklyn..the city got like nothing..i go to school up at cortland..its central NY basically, and this is wat it looks like outside right now at 10:00..way after the storm finished

i believe we wound up getting around 18 inches?..classes were cancelled today at least!..
and thank god for my blizzak lm-22's..i wound up driving to ithaca from my school during the heart of the storm without too much trouble
Ithaca? you go to Cornell?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NYC Snowstorm