G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Simple two questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple two questions

I just got my 06 coupe outt've the impound lot today... I had troubles starting it up and it needed to be jumped. It was in the impound left alone for 2 months... would that cause the battery life to die out? Just seems as though when i try even unlocking my car, the sound of the power locks seem weak.. and it takes a bit to unlock my car with my after market alarm system like there's not enough juice in it to power up that function. If I left my car running idle for like half an hour or so would that charge my battery life back to normal or would that just be a waste of time?
My second question is that the police ****ed with the inside a bit and ripped that foot rest beside the clutch off... does it just click back on? Cause that's what i did and it seems to be fine.. but it doesn't take much effort to pull back off. Were they always like that?

Thanks guys

Old 03-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
foot rest, yes it just snaps right into place.

battery, 2 months is a long time to be sitting. I would use a battery charger set to trickle mode and let it sit overnight to top it off and get it back to full voltage. Idling the car for half an hour can't be good, also at idle the altenator doesn't putout a whole lot of juice. you would be better of taking it for a spin on the freeway for half an hour.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Yeah the problem is .. i don't have my licence back for another month plus i don't have insurance till i get my licence .. my car has been sitting there for 2 months so far... i just don't want it to sit even longer. So will little drives here and there charge my battery? The last thing I want is to finally get the chance to drive and I have to sit there and jump start it again. Feels so ghetto considering my car is a year old

LESSON TO ALL: DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.... AND IF YOU DO... DON'T KILL ANYONE AND DON'T GET CAUGHT!!! AND I'M A PROFESSIONAL DRINKER HAHA

... I didn't kill anyone though or get into an accident... just speeding -__-"

Last edited by asianfury250; 03-01-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 AM
i feel you..ima former professional drinker. had my dl suspended for 90 days (refused breathalyzer and sobriety test)

and if you got any money left after attorney fees, bond, etc.., buy a new battery. ur not driving a civic hatchback..don't get caught at 7-ll asking people for a jump

Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Originally Posted by durtee_south
i feel you..ima former professional drinker. had my dl suspended for 90 days (refused breathalyzer and sobriety test)

and if you got any money left after attorney fees, bond, etc.., buy a new battery. ur not driving a civic hatchback..don't get caught at 7-ll asking people for a jump

haha yeah i was charged with refusal too. If only I knew that refusal was even worse than just blowing.. I'd be a lot more content right now.

Either way... my battery life should be fine.. I mean.. doesn't battery life last like 5 years using your car like an adverage person??? basically I don't turn off my engine and listen to music.. I've had my car for just over a year and it has 37,000 kms on it. I drive a lot but my car was all good when i had it taken away... just now that I have it.. the power of the functions seem weak.. i don't feel like buying a new battery if the old one is still good.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Driving short trips is actually worse on your battery then not driving at all. The best bet is to take it for a 30 minute highway drive.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
What exactly happened to you , if you dont mind me asking...

Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Todays batterys are junk. If you let them drain all the way they never seem to hold a charge again. 2 months of sitting will drain a batt for sure. Also, not good to let alternator charge dead batt. Alt designed to maintain charge not charge dead batt, it will, but alt. may burn up. Best to trickle charge on 2 amp for a while, also better for batt. Prob gonna have to buy new battery. Two months of impound? That must have cost a fortune.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by asianfury250
I just got my 06 coupe outt've the impound lot today... I had troubles starting it up and it needed to be jumped. It was in the impound left alone for 2 months... would that cause the battery life to die out? Just seems as though when i try even unlocking my car, the sound of the power locks seem weak.. and it takes a bit to unlock my car with my after market alarm system like there's not enough juice in it to power up that function. If I left my car running idle for like half an hour or so would that charge my battery life back to normal or would that just be a waste of time?
My second question is that the police ****ed with the inside a bit and ripped that foot rest beside the clutch off... does it just click back on? Cause that's what i did and it seems to be fine.. but it doesn't take much effort to pull back off. Were they always like that?

Thanks guys
sitting a couple of weeks untouched can kill your battery, so that's normal. How much is the impound going to charge you for keeping it there for 2 months? If they charge the standard rates, it's going to be one huge bill for you.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
your best bet is just get a new battery cause better that you know it will work than getting stuck somewhere

Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
What exactly happened to you , if you dont mind me asking...

I had a buddy goin through a depression in his life. Hated the way he lived and what he did for a living.. on top of that he lost his gf of 5 years so I went out clubbing with him to cheer him up. Later on I wanted to go home and I guess I took a corner fast and cops pulled me over. I refused to blow thinking it would be a way of keeping my licence because they couldn't actually prove I was drinking in court... Turns out that's even worse not to blow and you get the same as if you were blowing over the limit except you get a bigger fine for not cooperating with the police. So they arrested me.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
How much is the impound going to charge you for keeping it there for 2 months? If they charge the standard rates, it's going to be one huge bill for you.
They charged me around 1200 for the two months it was there... the annoying thing about getting my car impounded... was that the police purposely took my car to what was known to be the worse impound lot on this island. Most people i know that have their car impounded there get scratched up. I was lucky though. The people there said they loved my car so they tucked it all the way in the back corner away from any car to prevent it from being touched...

THANK GOD!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
say no to drinking. period. =)

Old 03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Get a battery charger (not much), and take your bat inside the house and charge it. Out of curiosity, why couldn't you take the car out of the impound earlier that 2 months? Is it a "have to have to" leave in there? Couldn't someone take it out for you instead? =)

Old 03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
If you can get a jump and fire her up? Then go around town or
have someone drive around town in the upper RPM's (3000-4000)
this will be your best bet to get a charge back in there.

I doubt you killed any cells but rather weakened it by setting.

Its worth a shot. If not replacements are not that bad $$$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Simple two questions