G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need Info!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need Info!!!

Hey, i currently own a 2006 RSX-S, but i want to upgrade and ive had my eye on a 05-06 6mt G35 Coupe for a while, theyre beautiful and quick cars. But i dont know a lot about them, so i have a few questions...

-How much $$$ should i be looking to drop on it, average?
-What should i know when preparing to buy a "G" (anything that is known for going wrong on them)?
-Modding potential?
-Anything else i should know?

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Last edited by SICK_G35_COOP; 03-26-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Coupes only come in one flavor as far as models, g35x is the awd which is only for sedans. G35c is just short for g35 coupe. Most important thing to know when looking is get a 6mt and you'll be happy

Old 03-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Oh... i feel kind of dumb now... Thanks a lot, anything else i should know, any problems the "G" is notorious for?
Also, what are the usual mods that people perform on their G35's (ex. I/H/E, etc...)?

By the way, your car looks extra nice!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
there are planty of mods out there but most NA mods dont help that much.. quite a few turbos and superchargers out for it... and the car is a wheel *****... so many different wheels look good from luxurious to racer

Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah this car is great,I think most mods would be,well the most popular seems to be the jwt popcharger/ztube and plenum space or something along those lines,although on here there are a lot of forced indutction g's. Almost all I think put an exhaust of some sort on this car. The most common problem seems to be with readings off the fuel gauge or something along those lines,but other than that not much else,other than the stock bose system seems to suck. Enjoy and check out the sponsors link to look up more parts for the car,there are a lot. You could do that all day,trust me,I know. Goodluck and enjoy,and for those years with the 6mt you are probably looking at around 25k to 27k for a low mileage model with the 6mt and aero sport pkg. Sticks fast but the automatic isn't to shabby either,the autostick feature works well. You will like it a lot.I had some guy in his rsx-s try to walk on me,and it was one of those I'm not telling you we are racing things,and he lost,badly,and I have an auto.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned
The car is now becoming notorious for having little kids drive them and pimping them out, and not in a luxury way. If you are talking about any real issues that should turn you off, not really. There is the issue that the car really isn't that fast, but i guess that is relative to what you are coming from.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Get a 6mt. As far as modding...it is unlimited!

Trending Topics

Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Ive beat 3 out of 4 G35's that i raced so far, and i know my car isn't lightning quick, so i have been a bit worried about the car being a little "slow". But my RSX-S is slightly modded, and im assuming those were stock G's, so hopefully if i get I/H/E it should be moderately quick, until i can save enough for forced induction!!

Anyone know possible quarter-mile times for a 6mt G35 with "basic" mods?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
The 6MT sucks in the car, from what i hear. Plenty of mods out for the car, and its alot of fun. Hopefully you when you buy one you will realize what a kicka$$ forum we have here.

Yes, alot of younger kids are buying them and doing some RETARDED **** to them.

-sean

Old 03-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SICK_G35_COOP
Ive beat 3 out of 4 G35's that i raced so far, and i know my car isn't lightning quick, so i have been a bit worried about the car being a little "slow". But my RSX-S is slightly modded, and im assuming those were stock G's, so hopefully if i get I/H/E it should be moderately quick, until i can save enough for forced induction!!

Anyone know possible quarter-mile times for a 6mt G35 with "basic" mods?
Basics mods..intake, exhaust, spacer, and tune most are running very low 14's as in 14.01 and what not some see hi 13's.

-sean

Old 03-27-2007, 02:05 AM
you really don't need to do any mod to the g's is already fast! test drive one an you know what i mean

Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 AM
rsx-s slightly modded? what you got?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Race Header, Intake, Intake Manifold Gasket . . . 14.1? I was hoping for a little quicker "potential" times, but that is still pretty fast. I like the sound of "high 13's". I guess to justify the extra 7g's im going to be spending on a G35, i can count in the luxury side of the deal and not solely on more speed. Im in love with my baby, but G35's are beautiful cars inside and out. And ssseexxyy exhaust sound!!!

*How much would mods listed above cost? How about different brands?

*I enjoy some spirited driving from time to time, and basically redline at least a few times a day in my RSX, could the "G" handle that kind of abuse, or would i have to restrain myself a little more?

Thanks for replies everyone!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SICK_G35_COOP
Race Header, Intake, Intake Manifold Gasket . . . 14.1? I was hoping for a little quicker "potential" times, but that is still pretty fast. I like the sound of "high 13's". I guess to justify the extra 7g's im going to be spending on a G35, i can count in the luxury side of the deal and not solely on more speed. Im in love with my baby, but G35's are beautiful cars inside and out. And ssseexxyy exhaust sound!!!

*How much would mods listed above cost? How about different brands?

*I enjoy some spirited driving from time to time, and basically redline at least a few times a day in my RSX, could the "G" handle that kind of abuse, or would i have to restrain myself a little more?

Thanks for replies everyone!
to answer the Q about the motor handling abuse.. its a top 10 motor every year for over a decade.. somewhere near 15 years... i redline all the time so yes it will take abuse... i feel that the car actually drives better and runs smoother when im pushing it rather than when im easy on the gas.... I have 6mt... shifts are not as smooth as honda's but you gotta test drive one to really decide for yourself.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nismo G
The 6MT sucks in the car, from what i hear. Plenty of mods out for the car, and its alot of fun. Hopefully you when you buy one you will realize what a kicka$$ forum we have here.

Yes, alot of younger kids are buying them and doing some RETARDED **** to them.

-sean
LOL.... An AT dude knocking the MT without any 411 to support his statement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Info!!!