G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!

hey guys,

i have been wanting to get a G coupe for awhile now and i have been contacting some dealers around my area. today i finally went into a dealer and test drove the car.

IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE G35 COUPE (AUTO) SLOW AS HELL......

i dont drive a fast car as it is now. (98 honda accord) but i was in my friends stock Z today before i went to test drive. are the Zs that much faster and does the stick make that much of an difference???? i also had a large salesman in the back of the G and my skinny GF in the front.

i really need some comfort and reassurance. is it just the auto that seems slow to me...i have an auto accord now. do i really need to get an 6MT to feel the speed..

HELP!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Re: HELP!!

i'll give you this advice. if you're looking for a street racer, look elsewhere. i'm pretty much tired of this attitude. most people who can afford this car know it is a LUXURY sports coupe, not a full blown sports car. it's a fast car, but if you're looking to race right away w/out putting much cash into the car, it's not the choice you should make.

if you want to race, go buy some piece of [censored] and slam 20k worth of mods into it. maybe you'll be happy then.

the car has more than enough power if you ask me, whether auto or manual, but from what you've stated, you're pretty much looking to race. can't help ya there.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:32 AM

If you want pure performance, id consider the wrx sti or evo viii. for the price, the g35s got a good amt of luxury and sport in it. if you want a faster car with just as much luxury and are willing to pay more, then the m3 it is.

Old 12-21-2003, 03:52 AM

I've got an automatic and find it moves right along. You've driven an auto, so test drive a stick and do a butt dyno.

2004 G35 Cpe 5AT / Desert Plat / Perf & Prem Pack / Alba Bank Wheels / ClearBra

Old 12-21-2003, 05:17 AM

just add nitrous or twin turbo/supercharger and you'll be straight!

-Eric

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Grounding Kit | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Diamond Matts | Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 12-21-2003, 09:17 AM

Im a proud owner of a auto G. Ask all 330ci, Accord Coupe, Civic, Mustang etc. owners how fast my G is and they'll tell you. In MM 2nd and 3rd gear are neck snapping and 4th gear almost feels like your gliding.

If you want a head turner with elegant curves, comfortable leather seats, and 280hp go with the G. If the above doesn't fit your needs then buy a civic and put 10g's into it.

2003.5 G35 Coupe Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Tire Wheel/Aero

Old 12-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Alumni****

i drove an accord in the past too.. and when i test drove the coupe the first time i fell in love.. i loved the styling already, but i wanted to know how fast it was.. maybe you just didn't push it anywhere near its limits.. i was completely sold on the car after i did the test drive..

on another note, if you want like neck breaking performance, go for an STi.. i agree with the others, a G isn't meant to be a racecar.. it's a luxury car with more than enough power for daily driving..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
David
Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT

Old 12-21-2003, 12:15 PM

"IS IT ME OR IS THIS THE G35 COUPE (AUTO) SLOW AS HELL......
"

I think it's probably you : )

While 0-60 in about 6 seconds isn't "supercar" territory anymore, it's pretty darn fast in my book. The 6MT will get there .4 sec faster or so, and that's noticeable, but not in a big way. Try another test drive alone if they'll let you (many dealerships will), or with a slimmer salesman : ). Drive the 6MT too while you're at it. I drove a 6MT 350Z before committing to buy a 6MT G coupe and honestly coudn't feel any difference in power. The salesman in the Z was quite a bit lighter too!

Someone else pointed out that if you want more performance and similar luxury you might have to spring for a BMW M3. I think it's true that the M3 is the next logical step up from the G coupe, but it's not going to be the same kind of value for the dollar. For what you get, the G is a serious bargain. Also, while I've never driven an M3, I've heard the ride is pretty punishing. You will not find yourself describing the G that way.

Old 12-21-2003, 12:37 PM

Hmm . . . let's see, how did MotorTrend put it? . . .

"If you can find a faster, better handling, better looking luxury sports coupe for the money, buy it."

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 12-21-2003, 01:08 PM

im pretty much decided on getting the coupe..and in no way am i a racer or anything like that. so im not looking for break neck speed as in the m3, sti or lancer...

but why did i feel such a big difference from my friends manual Z to the auto G. The Z and G are comparable cars right. its not like i was in a friend m3 before i test drove the G.
for the guys who driven auto and stick both on the G, is there a huge difference or am i just tripping.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:19 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

you said it
your trippin

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round / Clear Corners / Piaas Everywhere / Shock Sensor

Old 12-21-2003, 04:36 PM

hmm i dunno why you feel that way.. MT z is definetely faster than g but unless z and g are at the track and race it you won't be able to feel the difference in power/speed. i mean c'mon it's pure bs if you can feel the difference in .2-3sec differences... i think you felt z so much faster due to z is about 4inches lower than g(more lower to the ground you will likely feel more speed) and MT's hardshifting(roughly) meaning your head will go forward/backward as driver let on/off clutch while AT g will shifting smoothly(but i find that it's not smooth at all when i use MM mode)...

Old 12-21-2003, 05:36 PM
G SQUAD

Hey I also own a 5AT Coupe and I beg to differ wit that slow issue as well. The car is definitely fast enough for me. I mean lets be real how fast are you going to go on the road anyway..And also i mean come on, the car has the ill cruise appeal. Wash your sh8t up and clean them rims and cruise. Thats when you enjoy this car. FOr me anyway. From time to time when you gotta pull off in a hurry this car does it for anyways so I dunno. My 5AT is fast enough for me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.