G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A Few G Questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Few G Questions.

Hey guys, ive been lurking around the forum for a while now, admiring everyones G's and learning a slew of information from you gentlemen.
I am currently set on buying a used G Coupe, but i have a few questions that seem be to really vaguely known by most dealerships ive visited (non infiniti dealerships )
First off id like to spend no more than eh 26k. This puts me in the 03 04 and 05 price range (probally not 05s.)
Would you suggest not getting an 03? The first year for a car is always not its best year and i know they have a few recalls and such.
Im also curious to what the premium packages for the 03 and 04s included. Do they have bluettoth (from what ive seen i dont beleive so) also is the keyless entry a seperate option, and the sunroof (i know it is a seperate option for the 07s).
Also, does it only have a 6 disc changer with the bose? And is it reall 8 speakers or are the front sides just the tweater and speaker? Id truely rather not get the premium package if it doesnt really have anything that exciting.... id rather put in my own audio system of course also, but if they truely have 8 seperate speakers rather than 6 (doubtful) then id prefer it.

tl;dr (too long; didnt read?) : What does the 03 and 04 premium package include?

edit: oh ya, and to clarify, only 05's + have the hids right? not a huge deal... id rather in time get a set of better projector hids retrofitted.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned
dont get an 03, even though i have one and havent had a single problem, once you've read the board you will get it engrained in your head that something could be wrong.

You will not have bluetooth capabilty in <04. Keyless entry? well the car comes with a key fob and you press the unlock button and hop in

Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay heres the basics.

03's and 04's have the brembo brakes, thats basicly about it. if you like the retro spoiler (i do) then thats a plus too.

05's and up has a nicer interioir. check out the interior its really worth it. it loses the brembos

Old 04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by bassholic
dont get an 03, even though i have one and havent had a single problem, once you've read the board you will get it engrained in your head that something could be wrong.

You will not have bluetooth capabilty in <04. Keyless entry? well the car comes with a key fob and you press the unlock button and hop in
haha so thats a no on the keyless

nicer interior you say brianyun?

Old 04-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
get an 04 premium package idk if you can get a base 05 for 26k the interior is much nicer. keyless as in the start up? only 5AT not 6MT, yes the bose has 8 speakers (only on premium package) it dont sound good go aftermarket, and no bluettoth! only 0n 06 premium. yes sunroof is a seperate option non premium, it comes with premium

Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by wes g
get an 04 premium package idk if you can get a base 05 for 26k the interior is much nicer. keyless as in the start up? only 5AT not 6MT, yes the bose has 8 speakers (only on premium package) it dont sound good go aftermarket, and no bluettoth! only 0n 06 premium. yes sunroof is a seperate option non premium, it comes with premium
8 true speakers?
and thanks for clearing a few things up for me =)

Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I have an 03 and havent had a single issue

Get it as loaded as possible if you are going used man. Mine has premium/sport/nav and I'd be mad if I didnt have all the goodies like in my old lexus

PS- wanna buy mine? pics in my sig

Old 04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Inversed
8 true speakers?
I'm not certain what you mean by true speakers, but my 2004.5 coupe has 2 tweeters in the doors, 2 midrange speakers in the doors, 2 midrange speakers beside the rear seats, and 2 woofers on the rear deck.

haha so thats a no on the keyless
All G35s came with a remote keyless entry system. It is a simple remote control that will lock/unlock the car and open the trunk.

You can get all of the specifications from all years at www.infinitihelp.com.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Look for an '04/'05............

Buying a used car you won't have load of options......'04/'05 G35's with a
6speed come with Brembos.....if you want a sunroof you'll be getting the
Prem package. I'm not sure what kinda luck you'll have finding a G with the
above options without the Nav system......aftermarket is better! It's soooo
much easier buying a new G than searching for a car two or three years old
that's been taken care of. Try doing a search on this site.....Good Luck!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Buying a used car you won't have load of options......'04/'05 G35's with a
6speed come with Brembos.....if you want a sunroof you'll be getting the
Prem package. I'm not sure what kinda luck you'll have finding a G with the
above options without the Nav system......aftermarket is better! It's soooo
much easier buying a new G than searching for a car two or three years old
that's been taken care of. Try doing a search on this site.....Good Luck!
Actually as you've stated, aftermarket does tickle my fancy. I hate in car nav. I have my garmin nuvi which i LOVE. As it seems, id be better off with a base 05 with lowish milage. This is only my second car, im a young guy. I have the option to purchase the new g35x sedan but i truely dont want a new car yet for myself. I dont trust myself to be 100% honest. I know a used coupe isnt cheap, but id rather get one, hold on to it for atleast 6 months, and then possibly trade it in / resell. I wont be doing any major modding. Only thing really would be tint, speakers (which wont harm my attempt at resale im pretty sure, though im sure they wont pay off), clear corners and maybe rims but i doubt ill keep it long enough to want them.
Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I have a an 04 black with 22k miles fully loaded that i may go drive up and check out. It's between that (black on black) or an 05 base (from what i know, i have to call tmrw to check the details but i doubt anything so it seems) with about 28k miles for a starting price of a grand cheaper than the 04. But obviously very workable prices. i assume i could go home with either for around the same price.... so it is just to decide... base 05 black / beige or loaded 04 black black

edit: 04s dont come with xenons correct? only 05+?
the infiniti help says yes but everything ive read says no... eek

Last edited by Inversed; 04-11-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
06's = xenon

shop around..you may find an 05 "just above" your price

Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM

edit: 04s dont come with xenons correct? only 05+?
the infiniti help says yes but everything ive read says no... eek
06's have HID xenon projectors headlights

03-05 have HID xenon reflecter headlights

Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Really the 05 is better well the interior. Do you care for sunroof and dual climate control? Look at the 05 and see if it has a sunroof because like I said it is a separate option. If it does I would go with the 05 and is it a 5AT or 6MT?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned
Aftermarket is the way to go. I bougt my 03 with everything except nav and upgraded rims.

Just last week i added after market nav which looks stock and tossed some rims on the car. The car is 'complete' to me, but obviously there are many more things that can be added which are not needed now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Few G Questions.