G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

keyfob complaint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: keyfob complaint!

Don't know if this is true but I live in So Cal and talked to one dealer, I believe it was Mission Viejo and they said they could order the JDM Skyline key fobs which are like some of the FX keys as well with key built into the alarm transmitter. Problem was he told me the cost was about $180 per Key. I stopped looking for someone that sells them here after that, sorry.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 01-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also pretty disturbed to get the same keyfob as someone who owns a Altima. Lexus has better keyfob than Toyota, why isn't Infiniti's better than Nissan?

Old 01-08-2004, 08:58 PM

By the way, here's a pic of what the Japanese get with their Skyline. . .

166994-skyline_keyfob.jpg

Old 01-08-2004, 10:10 PM

Why not get one of those aftermarket alarms that has the LCD keyfob!? Those things look sweet!

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 01-08-2004, 10:26 PM

I have my new key fob for my Clifford Matrix 3.5X Remote Starter/Alarm. Check out my pics:

167061-Remote.JPG

Old 01-08-2004, 10:28 PM

BTW, I forgot to say that my remote allows me to do the following:

Lock/Set Alarm (including Proximity Alarm)
Unlock/Turn off alarm
Panic
Open trunk
Remote start (on a clear open day, up to 1/4 mile)
Roll down windows
Roll up windows

Man I love that thing...I just hope it doesn't f#$k my electricals.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 PM

Startertan-

DAMN! That's what I'm talkin about! First of all, how much was it and how long was the install? Second, do you have remote start with an auto or 6MT? I'd LOVE to have remote start, but I'm getting a manual. From what I hear, remote start and manual transmissions don't mix. That is a very serious key fob!

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 01-09-2004, 12:17 AM

you can get auto-start on manual transmissions
my friend had one on his manual
i have one for my car right now and i love it
i'm thinking of getting one for my g when it comes in

Old 01-09-2004, 02:53 AM

OK, now I really want that Skyline keyfob.

I dont know if I would ad an after market alarm. Did that before and thoes guys seem to mess up the electrical. Stuff started burning out months later.

Anyhoo, the alarm that comes with it is basic but you can remotely roll down the windows, etc. Really the only big difference is the remote start and maybe a motion sensor.

I figure if the car gets Jacked, then I proably dont want it back from what I have seen from a friend that got his car recovered. Better of just dealing with insurance and a brand new replacement.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:05 PM

I think that the biggest difference also is that I can roll the windows UP as well. I don't have to stick the key in the door to roll them up now. The OEM alarm is still there but if you play with it, it sets off the engine kill on the new alarm and you have to wait a couple hours till it resets. Happened to me on the first night. The car wouldn't start and I nearly **** my pants.

I had a special connection. I was working at Best Buy at the time and the Clifford Matrix 3.5X retailed at $500 (I got it for $160). Then I got a discount on the install parts and labor. I've posted this before but I think that the install was about $150 (normally would've cost about $250). Then I got him to add the window roll up feature (all you have to do is lengthen the window signal pulse and the CM 3.5X has 5 channels so in theory he could've had sunroof open instead or something). Then I had him install the proxy alarm. The proxy alarm is $100 (I got it for $25) and he did the install free on Best Buy time.

A word of warning, the guy who did mine I trust completely. He's been doing basic and custom installs for about 10 years and he treats all the cars he works on with respect. It was heart breaking seeing my doors ripped open but I haven't had a problem yet. *knock on wood* He also put in kill switches for the remote start and proxy alarm (proxy alarms react badly to rain). So I guess a normal install would probably cost around $900 but I only ended up paying about $350...yeah Best Buy discount. The initial install took about 7 hours. Everything else took about 1.5 hours.

I have a 5AT. Remote starts are bad for MTs because you have to leave the car in Neutral or else when you start it, it will lurch forward potentially damaging the car, someone, or another car. You can do it you just have to bypass the starter further down the line. Keep in mind that it did cost me one key since it needs to access the chip in order to start the car but it only accesses it to remotely start it. Once it's started you NEED a key with a chip in order to continue driving it. Without a real key the car will die.

The keyfob is great. Tells you when it's armed, when an alarm has been triggered, when your car is started, when a motion or shock sensor has been tripped. If you're in the Baltimore/DC/VA area I can get you his name and he can take care of you.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:33 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The G should have the system that is on the FX. No need for even a key. Just have the transitter on your person and the car starts by turning the starter ****.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:08 PM

Can someone post of pic of the G's keyfob. I want to see what everyone is talking about. Of course, I'll know in about 2 weeks when I finally pick up my order car after 3 1/2 months. Is it really that bad?

2004 Coupe/DG/5AT on order...Is it January 21 yet?

Old 01-09-2004, 04:49 PM

Factory G35 Coupe keyfob

167597-g35keyfob.jpg

Old 01-09-2004, 04:58 PM

I think the keyfob wouldn't look so bad, if they had just put a nice Infiniti logo on the back or something.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: keyfob complaint!