G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The suspense is KILLING me!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The suspense is KILLING me!

The day that I left for Christmas vacation I decided to call my salesperson to see if my November order has a VIN yet. Salesperson checks with sales manager, salesperson calls me back and tells me they have a VIN!!! I get super excited because I know my coupe is in its final stages.

Then for Christmas my girlfriend gets me one of these:
<a href="http://s89231151.onlinehome.us/images/IMG_0611.JPG" target="blank"></a>

Now it's the middle of January and still no sign of my coupe Why is it that the dealer has no way of tracking the delivery of vehicles to their dealership? I mean a friend of mine ordered a mini cooper and he was able to track the progress of his mini online during the entire process. I guess the worst part is that I won't be able to drive it much until the Chicago weather melts and dries some ... what am I to do *cries*

Old 01-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The suspense is KILLING me!

Good things come to those who wait...

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you got the right color.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 01-12-2004, 05:42 PM

Good things may come to those who wait but it sure does raise the blood pressure!

Yeah red on black is my love ... just like my 3000GT VR-4 I just sold
Willow inside is nice too of course!

Old 01-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BeerViper - at least you have a VIN. I placed my order in Nov for the exact same combo/options as you. I called my dealer the other day and he said it's not on the inbound list for Jan. Maybe Feb. I was really starting to get excited...now I just feel like I got the wind knocked out of me!

Old 01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

BeerViper, It'll come in due course bro. Maybe very soon.
I have a suggestion if you're gonna drive her this winter--- Arrange to have some snow tires waiting for her when she arrives. You may have read here that the Pilots are awful in winter conditions.
I took possession of my Coupe last January and was very glad that I had bought my snows ready for when she arrived.

Take care...........

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green>
<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 01-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine in December 02 and it came in May 03. It was a long 5 months but the longest part was after I got the VIN and then waiting for the call.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-12-2004, 07:23 PM

BeerViper-

Don't sweat man...we are ALL in the same boat. I've been dying for mine since September. I'm with you on the weather too. I'm in CT, and it just snowed again (grrr). I look at it this way...the Zaino is on it's way, so I'll have plenty to do even if the weather is too bad to drive!

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 01-12-2004, 07:58 PM

Jonze: When in November did you place your order? My dealer told me that orders are only made during the first week of each month, my order actually went in late October but wasn't ordered until first week in November, this may be why you don't have any info on your VIN yet.

gsedanman: (shouldn't that be gcoupeman? ) I've read many of the threads on the horrible winter performance of the Michelin Pilots and have thought about purchasing a set of snow rims/tires but I just cannot justify it as my Gcoupe will not be my daily driver. I have a POS Saturn that I drive during the week (I take the train to downtown Chicago everyday) and when the weather is sucky. As long as it is not too cold/snowy/icy out I will probably drive her this winter.

TrentaCinque: December order to May delivery??? Holy **** that is rediculous. How long from the time you got your VIN until she was delivered?

StatikTLR: did you order mid September or early? I would think that your order would be in by now.

I actually placed my original order in first week of September (day after labor day) but later decided I wanted NAV not on my original order ... my original order came in about 2 1/2 months after ordering, that is about where I'm at on the second order so I'm hoping it will be just as quick.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 PM

BeerViper,

Where did your girl get that model G?

2004 G35 CB/Willow, 5AT, Premium, Nav, Performance pkg.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIN to delivery was probably 2 months I think. I don't remember. Back then to get a 6mt coupe was a 2 month wait just to get an order allocated. And the Nav coupes were taking a little bit longer.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:16 PM

Viper-

I ordered in September, so the dealer entered that order in during the first week of October. My car will be here this Friday! I too have a winter beater, so I have no intention of putting snows on the G. There are other things about winter that worry me besides traction! If it's anything like CT where you are, then you'll know what I mean about the sand/rocks and salt that get slathered on the roads during the winter. Yikes!

Old 01-12-2004, 11:22 PM

platinumg35coupe: she may have gotten it <a href="http://www.ewa1.com/cgi-bin/sshp/shop.cgi?searchtext=G35&c=search.htm&ud=AgkEAQYBAA 4JBRQVER0VHQMMCAcFAAQIAAgWHAAA&storeid=1" target="blank">here</a>. I sent her a link when I came across them one day a few months ago but don't remember if that's the exact same. There are 4 different colors available at ewa1.com.

StatikTLR: Hey I didn't even realize your order is almost identical to mine except the BSM! How do you know your coupe will be delivered friday??? Did your salesperson tell you? How did they find out?

Old 01-13-2004, 01:19 AM

Hey Statik,
I'll be 3 weeks behind you at Harte. I think I'll just sneak on down there on Friday and sit in tour ride b4 you take delivery :-).. Congrats dude!!!
I look forward to tailgating you around town.
As soon as I ordered the G, I went to the auction in East Windsor, bought a 1997 Toyota Tacoma Pickup and ordered some narrower (195s vs the stock 215s) tires from Tirerack, and dropped 400 pounds of "Mortons Super Pellens" rust-removing salt over rear axle, just so that I wouldn't be tempted to Drive my G in Connecticut winter weather.
One might say that is a most expensive set of snow tires..

By the time the weather let up here, I will know and love every square millimeter of this car.

By the way, does anyone know if a service manual is available for the G yet and how much it will cost?
(This is probably off topic but I try to get a service manual for every vehicle I own to minimize the number of hands up the skirt of my G...that's right , talkin 'bout ma G..).

Old 01-13-2004, 06:57 AM

Viper-
You have very fine taste my friend! Actually yes, the sales manager contacted me in December, and let me know that the expected arrival date is January 16th. They have not swayed from that date since. I talked to the business manager yesterday, and it appears that we are still on for Friday.

Adnama-
Ha! Congrats to you as well then! Who was your salesman? The funny thing was, my original salesman either quit or got fired because my entire account was handed over to another guy, William. I just got insurance last night, and I'm putting the final touches on my financing. I can taste it now!

I'm with you on the winter driving. My G will never see snow or salt. I've already told the dealership, not to expect me if there is any snow on the ground whatsoever!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The suspense is KILLING me!