G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

who has/had a baby seat in their coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who has/had a baby seat in their coupe

well, i'm finally going to be a dad before the end of the year and i'm set on keeping the coupe instead of trading it in. is the coupe pretty giving with a child seat as far as accessibility to the child and enough space? or does it make it a nightmare?

Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
honestly, its a friggen pain in the @ss but I still wouldnt give up my coupe. I did notice that with the shape of most baby seats, the front corners bite into the leather pretty good. I used a folded large towel and a seat cover to help keep that from happening.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Ditto, I also laid a nice thick towel down and it was fine! BTW, it is a pain in the **** with the freaking seats! But you'll get used to it! Congrats, our 3rd child is due in DEC, and I'm still keeping the coupe!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
honestly, its a friggen pain in the @ss but I still wouldnt give up my coupe. I did notice that with the shape of most baby seats, the front corners bite into the leather pretty good. I used a folded large towel and a seat cover to help keep that from happening.
The PITA is worth it to keep the coupe... and an excuse not to have kids in the car.. wify's or gf's car.... LOL... you can find one with a small base to make sure that it doesnt have a problem fitting in the rear seats.. there are so many options out for child seats. Im no dad but Ive fit 2 child seats in my coupe when taking my nephews around.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my son is now 17 months old and i have a britax marathon....before that i had the peg perego infant seat. it's actually not that bad. good luck.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:41 AM
It was all good for me, and my son is 3 years old now. Just put one headrest monitor so when He/She gets older (1 year old), DVD's are a must have.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 AM
i actually punctured my leather the first time i put the carseat in the g for my son so later that night i got creative with a dremel and a piece of a tempurpedic pillow my dog chewed up and now i have no more worries about it

Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 AM
I have a 5yr old in a car seat and a 3 month old in an infant seat. Both fit fine in my week old g35. Test fit everyone before I bought the car. Its actually more room than the 97 acura integra hatchback it replaced. Getting the baby seat in the back is a bit of a pain as you're holding it out in front of you but it works. One thing, my infant seat wont fit with the carry handle up as it hits the roof and the front passenger seat wont go back too far if the handle is horizontal so its loose somewhere between.

Worth it.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
I did the same except I got one of those rubber/plastic seat protectors you get at Babies R Us for the seat. I also use a thin wooden board so the two corners don't punch into the leather too much (evens out the pressure across the seat). Overkill but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

BTW, you have to push the seat all the way up because the seat has an airbag that may be dangerous for the kid. I find that its until the baby can be forward facing, nobody can sit up front when I have the baby in the car.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
It's alright. I don't have kids but plenty of and nephews. The only PITA about it is waiting for the slow seat to move foward and thats about it. Plenty of room for the little guys and gals back there.
Congratulations on the upcomming addtion to the family.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 AM
I have a 2.5 year old daughter. I use a towel for the base and a pillow case (folded) for the strap at the top anchor. It leaves a dent in the leather for the top strap but I noticed that it goes away in a couple of weeks if you remove the seat. No problems in terms of fitting achild in the bacdk. However, I have to move the seat up a bit for my daughter to swing her legs. Also, its a bit bumpy back there, so i'm deciding to get some softer springs or shocks or both. But my daughter ha no pronblem falling asleep and she hasnt complained yet. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, make sure you get aseat with a smaller base.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
This is about 2 years old, when my son was about 3. Worked just fine, but only needed in a pinch... ...or to go cruising, as was the case for that pic. I have a 2yr. old now as well. A rear-facing car-seat will likely need to go behind the passenger, if you have legs. My son is in a booster now, which takes up minimal room.

It wouldn't be the most convenient prospect to load/unload the kids daily, but as I said, I really only need a backseat for emergencies, etc. Otherwise, a 2-seater would be in the garage.

If you have a family hauler (SUV, van or big sedan) and don't need to drive the kids daily, there's no reason why the coupe wouldn't work for you. I even recall one member taking the wife, 2 kids and luggage on a road trip in his coupe. Brave man, that one.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
honestly, after 1 month my daughter was born i still decided to buy the coupe lol, it was pretty tight back there but she never complained. The only problem is, she kept kicking the back of my passenger seat and leaving foot prints lol. Oh, be prepared for your child to throw their milk bottle all over the backseat! its gonna smell hahaha

Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Another great benefit of leather!^ Easy clean-up.

My wife drives the family-hauler, so any rides in the coupe are short, in-town trips... ...which means no food, drinks, ice cream, etc. for the kids (aside from water sippy cups). Like I said, it's only needed for emergencies. The family-hauler does the dirty work most of the time, and all of the time for long trips, and it definately shows.

I don't think I could stomach full-time kid duty in the coupe. The Honda Odyssey was MUCH more suitable for that type of torture.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Interestingly.. I've had a Tundra Double Cab, STi, Impreza Outback sport and a crew cab Chevy Colorado.. my son always loved the G the best. I never had a problem with it and the car is very safe.

Attached Thumbnails who has/had a baby seat in their coupe-578000461_l.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: who has/had a baby seat in their coupe